Make a Hole

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Make a Hole

Post by loboLoco » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:31 pm

In past devblogs, we've shown two common types of wolf dens: the classic "hole in the ground" and the very scenic "under a rock." Today let's look at the third type: "under a tree." These can take many forms, wherever wolves (or the animals who preceded them) found a natural cavity that could be expanded into a den. So for this particular den, I decided to try making it under a fallen tree, as the old roots decayed and created a hollow.

This will be one of over two dozen dens that players can choose from as they explore Slough Creek once it's released. We know that many players would like to go into the den with their pups — but in real life, dens are very cramped and dark so there’s not much you can do in there….but we’re working on a way to give players a peek inside.

WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition is available now for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. The game currently includes Episode 1: Amethyst Mountain, Lost River: Classic, and multiplayer mode in both maps. Slough Creek is in development! The mobile version will come after the game (including Slough Creek) is completed on PC/Mac platforms. The next episode, Tower Fall (DLC) will follow. We do not announce specific release dates. We will release them when they are ready!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Make a Hole

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:12 pm

The den site is lookin great! The arnica and sand textures really improve the scenery. And that pup galloping animation at 3:52 was very adorable.

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:41 am

It's incredible how much work goes into "styling" and placing the terrain and all the objects in the game. And after each devblog, I'm getting more and more excited! I guess my friends are as excited as I am.

Keep safe and healthy! :wink:

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:44 pm

Over 2 dozen dens?? That's a lot of options compared to the old game. Honestly, I would prefer to search for a den rather than digging it (like what many players anticipated) because being able to dig a hole anywhere might make the game a bit too easy, and let's not forget the coding for that.