The Bugs Board

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

The Bugs Board

Post by loboLoco » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:49 pm

With the new update of WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition, v1.0.4, now in public beta, our week is devoted to bugfixing. We get lots of bug reports from players (and we’re extremely grateful to have such help), but somebody has to review all the incoming reports and decide what to do about them. So today’s devblog give you a peek at this process. Not as exciting as new animals or new gameplay, but essential to the development process nevertheless. So if you’re the kind of person who wants to see some mundane tasks of a game developer, this video is for you! If you’re not….well, hopefully next week’s video will be more interesting for you.

We have released the first episode of WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition (Amethyst Mountain) for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: The Bugs Board

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:15 pm

That sleeping pup was adorable! It was interesting to see how the bugs and feedback was reviewed as well.

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:36 am

"The Bug Board" is a great idea! It has become easier to report bugs.

Keep up the good work and stay safe and healthy! :wink:

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:59 pm

It's really interesting to see the process that the team goes through in order to fix bugs, glitches and issues and how they look at feedback reports. Even if it's one of the more mundane tasks of game development, it's still an important part of it, and it's really interesting to get an inside look at how the team deals with our bug reports, and it's helpful to see what makes a good bug report :D . Personally I think it would be cool to see more of the bug-fixing process and more devblogs about the bugs board at some point in a future devblog.
Spoiler
Show
Also, the sneak peak of that sleeping pup at the end of the video was absolutely adorable. I look forward to more Slough Creek devblogs in the future!

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Ooh, looking at what you do with the bug reports and getting to see the whole board is very interesting and fun! It's also interesting to see what other people name their wolves XD
And then you ended your video with a screenshot I took, with my little redheaded Elarion and her glitching paws floating in the air, hehe! The pup was also so cute! I'm so excited for multiplayer and Slough Creek!!