Bison and Stats and Tweaks, Oh My!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Bison and Stats and Tweaks, Oh My!

Post by loboLoco » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:36 pm

We’re finishing up the next substantial game update, which will be version 1.0.4, and it should be available in public beta on Steam within a few days. The main attraction here will be the old bison bulls, who hang out in small groups throughout the game world. Cranky and dangerous, they are best appreciated at a distance.

This update also features some improvements to elk hunting, new input keys for shaking off wolf attackers, revised territory map in Lost River — and wolf stats! Finally, you can customize your wolf’s strength, stamina, health, and speed. Watch the video for details on all these features.

We would like to hear from you all regarding wolf stats for dispersal and stranger wolves: Should they each have randomized stats, or should they all be average? Post your thoughts below!

We have released the first episode of WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition (Amethyst Mountain) for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Bison and Stats and Tweaks, Oh My!

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:00 pm

The bison hunting track in this video is new music right? It sounds great. Love that spamming space bar mechanic for breaking free will be changed as well.

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:58 pm

I really can't wait for this new update!! The elk and bison improvements make me super happy lol.
I do have a question though relating to the stats, will we be able to change our saved wolves' stats? Because currently from what I've experienced there is no way to edit a wolf in a saved game.

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:19 am

I'm really excited about the new update! Most of all I'm looking forward to the stats and bison.
GoldenBeauty wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:58 pm
I really can't wait for this new update!! The elk and bison improvements make me super happy lol.
I do have a question though relating to the stats, will we be able to change our saved wolves' stats? Because currently from what I've experienced there is no way to edit a wolf in a saved game.
I have the same problem. For example giving a wolf a new name, the old one appears when loading a saved game. It would be great if we could edit our wolves without creating a new game.

Keep up the good work and stay safe and healthy! :wink:

Zawki

Post by Zawki » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:50 am

This has got to be one of the best updates yet! I've been looking forward to the new stat system for so long, and I'm so excited to hear it's finally on its way. The bison are certainly a welcome addition too, though I don't think they'll be quite so welcoming to us! Regardless, I am excited to try out all these new features once the update is released.

As for the dispersal and pack wolf stats, I believe having them randomised would be a great way to add an extra layer of individuality.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:40 pm

Real wolves--dispersal or not--have varying degrees of strength and speed, right? I say why not give all game wolves stats?

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 pm

Speaking of bisons. I think there should be a new music set for moose. Just like the bison has one for them. Currently moose had the same music set with mulr deer - which is a bit off, especially in tje shodown, from the theme as moose are supposed to be a bigger threat than an elk or mule deer is.