We Came, We Peed, We Conquered

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

We Came, We Peed, We Conquered

Post by loboLoco » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:34 pm

The main mission for the upcoming multiplayer mode of WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition will be territorial acquisition and maintenance, and we’ve been working on tuning the territory mechanics in recent weeks. Today we look at how players can claim territory, through marking (raised leg urination) and creating more established scent posts, as well as howling, hunting, and winning fights with stranger wolves. This has taken numerous rounds of tweaking and testing as we adapt the system that Tommi refined for the upcoming Slough Creek episode for the Amethyst map, where players don’t have a litter of pups to care for, and so can devote more time to their territories. We couldn’t do it without our dedicated corps of private beta testers, who are working hard to help us get the game ready for a public beta in the not-too-distant-future.

WolfQuest player communities are found on many social media platforms including Discord:
https://discord.gg/Gbcd3x3

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/WolfQuestGame

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/926990

Twitter: https://twitter.com/WolfQuestGame

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WolfQuestGame/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wolfquestgame/
We have released the first episode of WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition (Amethyst Mountain) for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Re: We Came, We Peed, We Conquered

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:39 pm

Thank you for another wonderful Thursday update. I think the addition of adding a marking post is really nice. ^^

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:46 pm

love the title of the devlog! When multiplayer comes me and my friends will probably try to do our best to wipe out all the packs and shred cougars (imagine having 6-8 wolves latched onto a cougar at once.) :lol:

Sierra Faith
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Sierra

Post by Sierra Faith » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:59 pm

This is going to bring so much to Multiplayer, it's honestly the best thing I've heard about in these dev blogs yet. Thank you to the awesome Beta testers who are making this experience the best possible! :D :wolf:

Aniya313
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Aniya313 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:25 pm

If you ever decide to do pack vs pack which a lot of people play (i've seen many servers on that type of play) i had a suggestion or idea. You could have a selection that gives the host a choice on whether they want pack vs pack or all players who jojn working together as a single pack against stranger wolve packs like what you had planned. Once the host has selected pack vs pack they decide on other details (this part was unclear could cause issues about how many packs and their titles). When players join they are given a choice of which pack to join which gives them a select color for marking their respected pack's territory so as not to cause confusion. Then the players could sort the other stuff out. I know that there could be many issues with this thought but just thought i'd mention it. Such as: since players could bite other players from the opposing pack. i know that some ppl could cause issues with that for example unfairness and not allowing the other person to respawn, constant war, or worse, idk stuff like that. You could always just make it where players can bite each other and let them do everything else or not have pvsp at all. I just thought that it would be kind of interesting to have such a setting on multiplayer for the future. Thank you for all your hard work on the game. I have enjoyed wq since 2.5 version lol. Great game! cant wait for Slough creek and Multiplayer(lost river was nice touch btw i enjoy it there a lot) . - Signed Hawk :wolf:

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:20 am

I liked the video very much and I am now even more excited about the multiplayer.

Keep up the good work and stay safe and healthy! :wink:

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:51 am

Heh, I didn't even realize that Wolfquest has a discord server. :')

Better late than never though, am I right? The new progress looks amazing. I hope that there will be an option to turn the stranger wolf pack off, though.

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:36 am

Once again, another interesting sneak peak at what's to come. I'm getting pretty hyped for the release of multiplayer! I can't wait to claim territory with a few friends and see just how much of the map we can take over! Although as Phasoli said, I hope that there will be a mode without the territory claiming and stranger wolf packs, in case people just want to explore the map.