Water Smarts (v1.0.2b public beta testing)
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:02 pm
We have a new beta ready for testing! It's in the same WQ Public Beta branch as the previous public beta. Instructions below.
New animal AI behaviors around water: Animals won't do things in water that they shouldn't (e.g. graze, fight, attack); animals will seek out the bank if they decide to do something that they can't do in the water; birds will fly over water and land on shore; prospective mates will follow player if player is in shallow water, and will follow the player across the river; animals will avoid going into water unless necessary to reach their intended destination.
* Possible fix for backwards-running mule deer and elk. If you see that happen again, please submit a bug report (we have more debug info in logs now)
* Possible fix for distorted/exploded animal models.
* World map is broken if your wolf is killed before you open the map in a game session.
* Some issues with remapping controls. (If you have trouble, try resetting them.)
HOW TO GET THE BETA
Only available on Steam. Currently only for Windows.
1) In the Steam app, go to your Library, then right-click on the WolfQuest: AE name in the left column and choose Properties.
2) Then go to the Betas tab and select the WQ current Beta option in the pulldown. No password is necessary.
Steam should then start downloading it. Later you can switch back to the public version in that Betas tab, by selecting NONE in that pulldown.
We will use the Steam Public Beta discussion forum to post information about incremental updates, so please keep an eye on it if you want the latest: https://steamcommunity.com/app/926990/discussions/2/
We have released the first episode of WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition (Amethyst Mountain) for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with bug fixes, more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).