Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

This sub-forum is specifically about FAQ dealing with the Multiplayer Game Chat options and reporting inappropriate behavior in multiplayer games.
renatwa
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:56 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by renatwa » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:28 pm

this wolf -name removed- wont stop following me even when i asked him nicely he wont stop following me and i feel really weird when he follows me what should do
Last edited by Neamara on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed username.

User avatar
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Neamara » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:27 am

Hi rnatwa.

Please don't name-and-shame on the forums. Is the person harassing, threatening or spamming when they're in your/the same session? If so, this behaviour can and should be reported. Otherwise, there isn't a lot that can be done to avoid this aside from ignoring this person, but you can still submit a report if you feel it's necessary/beyond stalking.
Bryan San Lass wrote:One other thing there is "Someone" who keeps coming into my chats and trolls them and begins to spam,
Should i report? Or should i not?
Alpha Female wrote:If the person is spamming your chat and basically trolling your games/stalking you in multiple games, it would be best to report them. ^^
Information on how to report a player-

Reports must be sent via e-mail to abuse@wolfquest.org.
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]
Avatar © LupinzPack

User avatar
Redwalker
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 am
Gender: Other
Location: Applying stickers to my Leopard Gecko's tank

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Redwalker » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:10 am

Hello Wolf quest gaming report cuddles. Don't think I've ever posted here before >.<

Yesterday, I was playing multiplayer and encountered something that confused me. (Obviously, or I wouldn't be posting here)
I've recently started avoiding stating my gender, because I thought it wasn't allowed, so when the girl in the room (sounds so vague) asked me if I was led or alas, I answered "I don't feel comfortable specifying as it goes against the guidelines" She told me that the guidelines explained that I wasn't allowed to tell her my gender, but she was asking for my wolf's gender. I wasn't sure what to do at that point, so I insisted that I didn't feel comfortable sharing and she didn't push it any further.

So, was I mistaken, or was she?
,.°`°.,
xoxo, Gossip Girl
,.°`°.,

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 13018
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Location: washington, d.c.
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Koa » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Redwalker wrote:Hello Wolf quest gaming report cuddles. Don't think I've ever posted here before >.<

Yesterday, I was playing multiplayer and encountered something that confused me. (Obviously, or I wouldn't be posting here)
I've recently started avoiding stating my gender, because I thought it wasn't allowed, so when the girl in the room (sounds so vague) asked me if I was led or alas, I answered "I don't feel comfortable specifying as it goes against the guidelines" She told me that the guidelines explained that I wasn't allowed to tell her my gender, but she was asking for my wolf's gender. I wasn't sure what to do at that point, so I insisted that I didn't feel comfortable sharing and she didn't push it any further.

So, was I mistaken, or was she?
You are both mistaken in the sense that (1 in general, using any gender-related words is technically (emphasis on "technically") considered bypassing the chat-filter, regardless if you're stating your own gender or not at default, but to clarify (2 that's because gender-related words were removed because of people wanting to look for multiplayer mates within their wolf characters but (3 that's not to say people didn't try 'actual' dating, either. Regardless, the original reason for the word removal is the second point which in turn attempted to limit all the complications that came with the entire mate-finding process itself, i.e., drama, people's feelings getting hurt, and open, actual "dating," in the 'rare' case.

There is no need for using any genders in multiplayer if you really want to look at it from a simple point of view. You're not required to give out your own gender, or your character's gender, but in general you're also not encouraged to in the sense to avoid the possiblity of stirring up the multiplayer-mate issue, not at the fault of your own, actual gender, but in the the manner that someone else may take it the wrong way.

It's important to remember what's a priority and what isn't. If you give out your gender on multiplayer, or your character's gender, fine. That's not to say someone couldn't get technical about it and try to report you for "bypassing the chat filter;" however, in the grand scheme of things, if you're not asking for genders with the motive to look for multiplayer mates/or 'dates,' your own gender or not, or you don't have a "Males_Only" or "Females_Only" chat going on, you probably won't be paid much attention if you just say "My character is a girl," and vice versa. If you're not instigating or participating in the whole mate situation, it's not on you.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

User avatar
Redwalker
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 am
Gender: Other
Location: Applying stickers to my Leopard Gecko's tank

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Redwalker » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:18 am

Okay, thanks Koa. I was skeptical about bypassing the filter, but your three paragraph essay, was really helpful ^.^

Toodles
,.°`°.,
xoxo, Gossip Girl
,.°`°.,

User avatar
TassyG
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:34 am
Gender: Female
Location: Wa Australia

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by TassyG » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:08 am

i'm not very sure of how this works but i would like to report someone on an open multiplayer game could i please have someone reply with a link as to how, i have a screen shot too. thanks
also the names of the people are: [removed] for saying they would report me for not leaving the open game because they wanted to meat in an open game. They were being rude and threatening to wolf claws and i.

TassyG
Last edited by Neamara on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not name and shame.
My name is no other than Sheca, or for short Snow, i am a white pelted wolf who is the lead alas of the Night Stalker Pack.

User avatar
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Neamara » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:56 am

Hi TassyG.

I've removed those usernames from your post; please do not name and shame on the forums. Reports can only be dealt with by an administrator.

You must instead submit your report (including screenshots) via e-mail to info@wolfquest.org. Valid evidence should include proof of those members' misbehaviour and proof of their session being mate/mating-related such as a screenshot of that session, either in-game or in the lobby.

For more information, I'd encourage reading the following topics to understand the reporting process.
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]
Avatar © LupinzPack

Midnightsky24
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Midnightsky24 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:48 pm

What if you want to be a puppy and you need a father and mother wolf?

Edit: How do you get screenshots?

I know this has nothing to do with Reporting, but (this is embarassing) I dont know how to post unless something is already there. :oops: but how do you get higher ranks? like not newborn pups?
Last edited by Neamara on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added information from double-post. In the future, please edit your previous post. Thanks!
[MidnightSKY24

User avatar
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Neamara » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi Midnightsky24,

Do not double/triple-post. Doing so is considered a form of SPAM, which is not allowed. Please refer to the Forum Guidelines (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20100) for more information. Thank you.

1) I believe roleplaying as a mother, father or pup is allowed, provided it's appropriate and doesn't go against any of the multiplayer rules or bypass the lexicon. Any form of mating, dating or breeding is prohibited and can be reported, leading to a warning.
WQ Coordinator wrote:What is not allowed
•Gender-specific/se xually-oriented/mating/dating/breeding games or roleplay*

Source: What are the rules for multiplayer games?


May also be worth reading the following topics, too. Because the URL feature is disabled, you'll have to highlight the text and either right-click then open in a new tab, or copy and paste the link in a new tab to read the topic. Option differs per browser.


2) You can either press the F1 key to save a screenshot in your WolfQuest2 folder (typically saves under %username%Documents\WolfQuest2) however there is a limit of five screen captures before they are overwritten by newer files, so make sure you rename files you wish to keep. Alternatively, pressing the Print Screen key will take a screenshot and store it temporarily on the clipboard. You must then paste it into a Paint (or other image-editing program) document and crop as needed. Further guides and instructions can be found here-


3) Forum ranks do not hold any power or significance aside from highlighting the more active members of the community: they're purely cosmetic.
WQ Coordinator wrote:The words listed under each person’s avatar and username on their posts is either their post rank or usergroup. The post rank is in no way related to multiplayer games or roleplay. Please see the next two topics for more information about post ranks and usergroups.

Source: Why do people have things like 'pup' under their usernames?

You gain these by posting in forums that allow post counts to be raised. Please be aware of the Forum Guidelines when posting! :)
For a list of all the current ranks and the required post count to gain them-
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]
Avatar © LupinzPack

User avatar
DesertStar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by DesertStar » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Erm so I was in Wolfquest, Skimming the Open-Games and then I saw one called 'meat<season<rp' And I decided to see if they were breaking the rules or not. So then I entered and skimmed the chat. One of the posts said 'We will save the last spot for a led' .... Would it count as breaking the rules or not? Thanks!

User avatar
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Neamara » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi DesertStar.

Seeking and/or advertising mates or mate status is prohibited from multiplayer- that does include asking for specific genders. Koa maintains a useful thread which you'll be able to refer to for all known terms that are used inappropriately.

As such, that would be deemed report-worthy.
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]
Avatar © LupinzPack

User avatar
DesertStar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by DesertStar » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:31 am

Thanks night! Now I know.

The11Doctor
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:41 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by The11Doctor » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:40 pm

I have a wolf who is using foul language! And I don't really appreciate my younger siblings to play a game where someone is cussing out another player for being polite and asking them to leave for a saved spot.
"You never know the battle a person is fighting. Be Kind. Always."

User avatar
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Neamara » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:17 pm

@The11Doctor: That sort of behaviour is not welcome in the WolfQuest Community and neither is saving spots, especially if that member is being impolite and demanding that you leave- please send in a report so that it can be dealt with appropriately. You will need to provide screenshots and/or your output log as evidence. An explanation on how to do each can be found within these topics - highlight the link, right-click and open in a new tab, or copy and paste into a new tab. This varies per browser.

There isn't much that can be done over the forums, so with valid proof, you will need to send an e-mail to the administrator via info@wolfquest.org. Be sure to include-
WQ Coordinator wrote:A usable report includes:
  • The username(s) of the person/people being inappropriate
  • Screenshot(s) or chat log (screenshot preferred) that shows the inappropriate behavior
  • Your e-mail address, in case there are problems with/questions about the report.


A good report includes:
  • The username(s) of the person/people being inappropriate and a brief description of what happened.
  • The date on which the inappropriate behavior took place.
  • One combined screenshot (preferably uploaded onto a photo-sharing site so it can be referred to later) that shows the inappropriate behavior as well as the host of the game, if the game name is inappropriate. Clicking 'c' before taking your screenshot is also appreciated because it shows more of the conversation that took place. (Please see the relevant topic on this forum for details on how to combine screenshots.)
  • Your username and e-mail address, in case there are problems with/questions about the report (and so I can give you credit for sending in a good report!).

Source: What makes a good report?


Further information regarding reports and reporting can be found in this section of the forum - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=63 - so please be sure to read the pinned/stickied topics at the top of the page to ensure your report is usable.
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]
Avatar © LupinzPack

User avatar
Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 2275
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:35 pm
Name: Frodo/Jay
Gender: Female
Location: Being a hermit hobgoblin in the dark in my room XD
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Frodo1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Just so you guys know, I was just on multiplayer and I saw a game called GRAPH>IC>MEAT>ING>RP (or possibly without the >RP- I don't remember exactly. I did NOT enter it (I don't want to even be potentially called out for joining a game like that, and I'd rather not see what goes on in them...), but it IS currently out there. I know the person's username (NOT going to give it out to ANYONE other than a mod or admin...), but I thought I'd let you guys know if you want to go check it out...
There have also been several Need>meat>led etc. games that I did not take note of the name because I know we're all aware that they're here and because I don't actually enter them (I will NOT go out of my way to enter a RP that has obviously against-the-rules stuff in it because I don't want to involve myself/appear to be supporting that kind of thing in any way, but if someone is ever in the games I'm in I will report), but just so you know...
Thanks for helping WQ be a safe and clean place.
-Frodo
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

Locked

Return to “Chat and Reporting FAQ”