Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

This sub-forum is specifically about FAQ dealing with the Multiplayer Game Chat options and reporting inappropriate behavior in multiplayer games.
lucarioheart200
Guest
Guest

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by lucarioheart200 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:59 am

Very helpful; thanks Cana C: Though I don't go on Multiplayer anymore for specific reasons, I now know who to report if I do encounter trouble.

User avatar
WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Twilight Breaking Dawn. Chapter 21, Page 258.
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:43 am

Okay what u mean Spam on game box?
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

User avatar
BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: In the Mountains

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by BlackWarrior » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 am

WolvesOfTheSeas wrote:Okay what u mean Spam on game box?
Spamming the game chat may include using excessive Smileys, or words to the point where it is pointless. The user may be trying to advertise a product, or fill the chat box with plain SPAM. You can find the definition of SPAM here:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20100
SPAM on the forums is slightly different than SPAM in a game chat, seeing that punctuation and capitals were originally removed from the lexicon. Also for the fact that MP does not evolve around "posting". But generally, it's along the same lines. :)
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )


Avatar © Windripper

User avatar
WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Twilight Breaking Dawn. Chapter 21, Page 258.
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:46 am

Okay thanks BlackWarrior! It really helped
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

User avatar
Faolan MacDuncan
Pup
Pup
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:47 am
Location: MOVED

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Faolan MacDuncan » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks for making this topic and the list, Cana! It really helped; I'd seen a few games like "mates" or whatever before so now I know to report those. I guess that mate-oriented games and/or behavior are pretty common lately. Even though it IS a natural proscess that keeps the species alive, I do find it a bit annoying at times. I had even seen players openly asking for a mate in open games; again, that was before I saw this topic so I kinda forgot lol. Just out of curiostiy, would it be considered 'pretending to be a moderator/team member/administrator if I were to report these mate-oriented games? Thanks! This topic is very helpful :)

User avatar
Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 6112
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Living the dream

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Alpha Female » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:06 am

Reporting mate-related games is encouraged for everyone, not just I you're a moderator or WQRT member. Just remember it is best to silent report and just take screenshots of the behavior rather than telling people of the rules. ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

Avatar (c) Jewelz
~WolfQuest member since 1969~

User avatar
Faolan MacDuncan
Pup
Pup
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:47 am
Location: MOVED

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Faolan MacDuncan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Ok, thanks Kali! Just an FYI, I'll try to host a WQ Anniversary game later so you're welcome to join!

starlightmoon12345
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:39 am

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by starlightmoon12345 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Hey, i was just wondering if when you go into a mate chat and you describe and rp with the people but dont say anything about mates, can someone still report you? please answer back cause that kinda confuses me because my friends are there sometimes but i leave cause i dont want to get in trouble.

Croix
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 2330
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:09 am
Gender: Female

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Croix » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:59 pm

starlightmoon12345 wrote:Hey, i was just wondering if when you go into a mate chat and you describe and rp with the people but dont say anything about mates, can someone still report you? please answer back cause that kinda confuses me because my friends are there sometimes but i leave cause i dont want to get in trouble.
As long as you are acting appropriately there should be nothing for you to worry about, you can't be reported for being in an inappropriate server when you are acting appropriately unlike other people there. Keep in mind it's strongly advised you report these chats and any players that may be encouraging or participating in this kind of behavior, especially if you are playing with them. (:

User avatar
Keyyva
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:56 am
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Keyyva » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Croix wrote:
starlightmoon12345 wrote:Hey, i was just wondering if when you go into a mate chat and you describe and rp with the people but dont say anything about mates, can someone still report you? please answer back cause that kinda confuses me because my friends are there sometimes but i leave cause i dont want to get in trouble.
As long as you are acting appropriately there should be nothing for you to worry about, you can't be reported for being in an inappropriate server when you are acting appropriately unlike other people there. Keep in mind it's strongly advised you report these chats and any players that may be encouraging or participating in this kind of behavior, especially if you are playing with them. (:


And to add on, here is proof that Croix is correct:
WQ Coordinator wrote: Please do not report people who:
*Are present in a mate-related game but are not participating in the mating roleplay (if someone explains that they do/don’t have a mate or are asking about mates, they are participating and should be reported)
~First Post
Character © Keyyva
Avatar © Vexi - http://vexiwolf.deviantart.com [Used with permission]

User avatar
_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 am
Location: Moved to the account named Skydust

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Well, with that whole mate/gender-related MP problem, now I try to report almost anyone that breaks the WQ rules, especially in MP. I think that with this problem getting so large, widespread, and hard to control/remove from WQ, reporting these abusive users/wolves might be one of the only surefire ways to make them realize the consequences and the severity of their actions. It's a lot like, in a real wolf pack, wolves that behave like that are either removed from the pack or punished, sometimes by being demoted to the lowest rank.

For example, I make sure this is crystal-clear in my pack, but we've never had a problem. A reason for this is that, in my pack, a member/wolf that breaks one or more rules is removed from the 'Pack Members' list and placed on the 'Low Rank/Omega' list. Even though that term is no longer valid, the pack uses it just because it is shorter to say than 'Low Ranking Wolf'.

And, to be honest, I don't go on MP very much, either, unless it is a (private) pack game or a phrased/disabled chat. Although I still use the 'Lexicon Chat' sometimes.

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 13018
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Location: washington, d.c.
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Koa » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:21 pm

_Denali_ wrote:Well, with that whole mate/gender-related MP problem, now I try to report almost anyone that breaks the WQ rules, especially in MP. I think that with this problem getting so large, widespread, and hard to control/remove from WQ, reporting these abusive users/wolves might be one of the only surefire ways to make them realize the consequences and the severity of their actions. It's a lot like, in a real wolf pack, wolves that behave like that are either removed from the pack or punished, sometimes by being demoted to the lowest rank.

For example, I make sure this is crystal-clear in my pack, but we've never had a problem. A reason for this is that, in my pack, a member/wolf that breaks one or more rules is removed from the 'Pack Members' list and placed on the 'Low Rank/Omega' list. Even though that term is no longer valid, the pack uses it just because it is shorter to say than 'Low Ranking Wolf'.

And, to be honest, I don't go on MP very much, either, unless it is a (private) pack game or a phrased/disabled chat. Although I still use the 'Lexicon Chat' sometimes.
(Wolves actually do not have ranks in real life, as they do not apply accurately to wild wolf packs because they do not have a strict social hierarchy... please see this link for more information : http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/mamm ... /intro.htm)

When it comes to reporting people, remember that you also must prioritize. Which is a bigger problem -- reporting someone who's saving spots or hosting a chat for a specific player, or someone who is hosting a mate-related chat? I'd personally much rather you focus on reporting mates, especially if you're in a situation where you see many chats which may violate the rules of both types, and there is/are a growing number of people in the mate chat(s) as opposed to the other ones. If you do find yourself in that situation though, you can also quickly printscreen your screen, paste it somewhere, and join a game but have that printscreen for record of the users actually hosting the game or in case you found the game again but cannot connect. Divide and conquer, I suppose.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

User avatar
_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 am
Location: Moved to the account named Skydust

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Ok, and I as far as 'rulebreakers', I almost always use that to refer mostly to users participating in mate-related behavior. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In fact, and this is somewhat embarassing I guess, when I was a newbie and hadn't yet visited or explored the forums yet, there was an open MP chat/game that was listed in caps as this:
MEAT
And I was completely confused by the name, having no idea what it meant at the time. I can't beleive I didn't report that lol, especially since the host's username was listed in plain view, and the amount of users total in the game (4/5, which is pretty sad!). But, now I know what it means, how to report it, and that I can't do anything about it now.

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 13018
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Location: washington, d.c.
Contact:

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Koa » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:09 pm

_Denali_ wrote:Ok, and I as far as 'rulebreakers', I almost always use that to refer mostly to users participating in mate-related behavior. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In fact, and this is somewhat embarassing I guess, when I was a newbie and hadn't yet visited or explored the forums yet, there was an open MP chat/game that was listed in caps as this:
MEAT
And I was completely confused by the name, having no idea what it meant at the time. I can't beleive I didn't report that lol, especially since the host's username was listed in plain view, and the amount of users total in the game (4/5, which is pretty sad!). But, now I know what it means, how to report it, and that I can't do anything about it now.

Ah, thank you for clarifying.
That's quite alright - in a game you're new to, chances are you aren't going to know everything. In addition to that statement, I remember that when creating the rules and actually adding them to multiplayer, we all hoped that would clarify any confusion with mates.We also knew, however, that people typically don't want to take the time to read the rules. So when you take that into consideration as well, at the end of the day, they should read the rules, and regardless if they do or don't, the rules are relatively easy to find, and if someone wishes to continue participating in mate-related behavior,t hey suffer the consequences.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

User avatar
_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 am
Location: Moved to the account named Skydust

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:25 pm

I agree; behavior like that is unacceptable in WQ, and that participants will face the consequences.

Locked

Return to “Chat and Reporting FAQ”