Utanogon

Discuss other canids (coyotes, foxes, dholes, etc.).

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Wolfie10
Yearling
Yearling

Utanogon

Post by Wolfie10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:10 am

Untonagons where bred to look like wolves but actuly very disntley realated just the same as you avarage poodle i think!so you cang et a dog witch looks like a wolf

here is a link!
http://www.dogclub.co.uk/dogs/profile-uton.php
and another:
http://www.theutonagandogclub.com/about.html
And another:
http://www.britishutonagan.com/
And 1 more:
http://www.dialadog.co.uk/breedinformat ... eedKey=219

and a picture:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg30 ... onagan.jpg

k
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein

Apollo
Pup
Pup

Re: Utanogon

Post by Apollo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:15 am

Wow that is SWEET! Very nice, they do remind me of wolves somewhat...

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:37 pm

they seem like huskies more than wolves, but I like the black phased ones. they look like the czech wolf dog.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

LunarWolfVII
Pup
Pup
Location: Deep within a forest...Somewhere...*mysterious smile*

Post by LunarWolfVII » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:12 am

cool, beautiful dogs! ^_^

But I think I'd still want a couple of Shepherds, but it's still cool that people are getting a more stable alternative to hybrids.

I don't get what the attraction is to own a wolf or wolf-hybrid :? , it doesn't help the species in the case of a wolf (unless they live with a pack and you're a REAL conservationist) and they're not near as stable or trainable as a domestic dog in the case of both, seriously, in the wrong hands, they're dangerous. not their fault, some people just need to learn to leave the wild alone, it's wild for a reason.

I dunno, just my opinion, I'm not accusing anyone here or anything, I want to make that much clear.
But I think some people are just feeding their own egos :roll: .
...when the sun has gone I see you
beautiful and haunting but cold
like the blade of a knife so sharp so sweet
nobody knows your heart...

- "Princess Mononoke" by Joe Hisaishi

My DeviantART - http://skygatecreations.deviantart.com/

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:15 am

LunarWolfVII wrote:cool, beautiful dogs.

But I think I'd still want a couple of Shepherds, but it's still cool that people are getting a more stable alternative to hybrids.

I don't get what the attraction is to own a wolf or wolf-hybrid :? , it doesn't help the species in the case of a wolf (onless they live with a pack and you're REAL a conservationist) and they're not near as stable or trainable as a domestic dog in the case of both.

I dunno, just my opinion, I'm not accusing anyone here or anything, I want to make that much clear.
the attraction is that the hybrids are part wolf. there are several breeds that look like wolves, so I doubt that simply looking more like a wolf could be that reason... and yes, personal gain is another reason.

I know a couple of people that do own hybrids, and one of them has them because their local conservation center was full and there were a couple young rescues that would have had to have been put down if the people hadnt adopted them.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Fenris
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Fenris » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:21 am

Utonagans are a mixture of Alaskan Malamute, Siberian Husky and German Shepard blood. Some sources say there is actually some wolf blood in these dogs, although I’m not sure of the truth of this, it could be true, as wolves and part wolves are occasionally kept as pets in America. Either way, the Utonagan is an unbelievable creature that makes you think you are face to face with a wolf- the name Utonagan means Spirit of the Wolf. Most of the Utonagan dog breed are not part wolf. Nor hybrids just cute dog that look like wolves.

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:25 am

I want to get one of those! they are really cute.

I had planned on possibly getting one of those breeds (if I get a dog), but this breed is part all of the breeds I was considering!
and they look kind of like wolves =3
hopefully I can find one in a shelter.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Fenris
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Fenris » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:32 am

They are a very nice looking dog breed. But i very very hard dog to handle. I mean Huskies are known for being mischievous, extremely independent, easily bored and potentially destructive when bored.

The Alaskan malamute is known for its prey and pack instincts. So small animals :shock: Get ready for a chase! Also, because of the breed's pack instincts, malamutes adore being with their human families and will form destructive habits such as chewing if they do not receive sufficient attention.

The Shepherd is very sensitive and will reflect the mood and emotions of its owner, often with alarming results. Do not let a Shepherd assert itself against you or achieve dominance in any venue. It will quickly take charge if you spoil or placate it. Allow this and you open yourself to aggression problems.

So a Dominant, Indepandant and destructive dog. So if anyone gets one look into it before!

Siberian Husky
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Siberian Husky » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:34 am

there so cute!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
beautyful dogs :mrgreen:

but my number 1 is still Huskies :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Siberian Husky - シベリアンハスキー

Praise the Sun!

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:39 am

Fenris wrote: The Shepherd is very sensitive and will reflect the mood and emotions of its owner, often with alarming results. Do not let a Shepherd assert itself against you or achieve dominance in any venue. It will quickly take charge if you spoil or placate it. Allow this and you open yourself to aggression problems.
I got bit by a german shepherd and I still consider getting one. but if I do I will not make the mistake my former friend did... I will actually TRAIN it, rather than letting it do whatever it wants... that dog has bit several people... (including my friend while he was asleep)
and it hasnt been put down yet... it also is just down the street from me...
icon by Rottenrobbie

Wolfie10
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wolfie10 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:20 pm

Blindseer wrote:
Fenris wrote: The Shepherd is very sensitive and will reflect the mood and emotions of its owner, often with alarming results. Do not let a Shepherd assert itself against you or achieve dominance in any venue. It will quickly take charge if you spoil or placate it. Allow this and you open yourself to aggression problems.
I got bit by a german shepherd and I still consider getting one. but if I do I will not make the mistake my former friend did... I will actually TRAIN it, rather than letting it do whatever it wants... that dog has bit several people... (including my friend while he was asleep)
and it hasnt been put down yet... it also is just down the street from me...
Yeh, training is the hardest part when owning a dog, giving it love is the easist, sorry 4 goin of subject (again) but i cant get this out of my head.
someone at school called wolves ... heads, i will not say the word (even though it is not a swearing word) beacuse i may get reported and then i would be VERY upset,
but i y do people do it???
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein

LunarWolfVII
Pup
Pup
Location: Deep within a forest...Somewhere...*mysterious smile*

Post by LunarWolfVII » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:15 am

I can see that being an acceptable reason, so long as the person receiving them is responsible, and an able handler. And they acknowledge that what they are getting is in fact, different from a normal dog.

it's just that, yeah, I think a lot of the people that say they want one, or say that they can handle one, don't know what they're potentially getting themselves into.
*sigh* I know, I tend to I sound pretty cynical/pessamistic...probably part of that is from what I see.
WAY too many people take responsible handleing/ownership for granted, at least where I live...And usually somebody else pays for their problems (yep, I'm one of them) -_-'
That's why, sometimes I can take on an unintentional "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude.
Blindseer wrote:
LunarWolfVII wrote:cool, beautiful dogs.

I don't get what the attraction is to own a wolf or wolf-hybrid :? , it doesn't help the species in the case of a wolf (onless they live with a pack and you're REAL a conservationist) and they're not near as stable or trainable as a domestic dog in the case of both.

the attraction is that the hybrids are part wolf. there are several breeds that look like wolves, so I doubt that simply looking more like a wolf could be that reason... and yes, personal gain is another reason.

I know a couple of people that do own hybrids, and one of them has them because their local conservation center was full and there were a couple young rescues that would have had to have been put down if the people hadnt adopted them.
...when the sun has gone I see you
beautiful and haunting but cold
like the blade of a knife so sharp so sweet
nobody knows your heart...

- "Princess Mononoke" by Joe Hisaishi

My DeviantART - http://skygatecreations.deviantart.com/

Wolfie10
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wolfie10 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:07 pm

cool info *GRINS FORGETTING WHAT WAS JUST SAID*

:lol:

coyote
Pup
Pup

Post by coyote » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:44 am

pretty, they look like those Tamaskan dogs too

Chenneoue
Pup
Pup

Post by Chenneoue » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:30 am

coyote wrote:pretty, they look like those Tamaskan dogs too
That's because they are original stock (foundation) of the Tamaskan's. The Utanogon came frist, then another breed, then the Tamaskans. :)