Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Discuss other canids (dogs, coyotes, foxes, dholes, etc.).

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

User avatar
timberwolf12162
Pup
Pup
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:22 am
Gender: Female

Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by timberwolf12162 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:34 pm

Okay i need alot of help so i dont go to jail!? :shock:
I have two part wolf huskys.
One named Shasta and the other Firestar.
Well i was looking on the interenet about part wolf dogs and about balto.
When i went to this one site they said that iwas illega to have part wolf dogs in the united states!? :shock:
I DONT what to go to jail.
I need help to no if its true or not.

And that huskys cant hunt. My dogs hunt all the time even when i dont hunt (even no i never hunt i think its wrong).
When i was at my old house my dogs wood hunt for deer! :shock: and bring it back to me most of the time tho it was the deer head but anyway. Even that same website said that dogs should not hunt if they r not that type of dog.

User avatar
Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 4608
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:47 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Spy is credit to team.

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by Blindseer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:35 pm

all dogs hunt. its natural instinct.


and it is legal to own wolfdogs, but you need a permit in most places.
icon by Rottenrobbie

User avatar
April
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2597
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:23 pm
Gender: Female
Location: In the midst of a storm
Contact:

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by April » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:36 pm

timberwolf12162 wrote:Okay i need alot of help so i dont go to jail!? :shock:
I have two part wolf huskys.
One named Shasta and the other Firestar.
Well i was looking on the interenet about part wolf dogs and about balto.
When i went to this one site they said that iwas illega to have part wolf dogs in the united states!? :shock:
I DONT what to go to jail.
I need help to no if its true or not.

And that huskys cant hunt. My dogs hunt all the time even when i dont hunt (even no i never hunt i think its wrong).
When i was at my old house my dogs wood hunt for deer! :shock: and bring it back to me most of the time tho it was the deer head but anyway. Even that same website said that dogs should not hunt if they r not that type of dog.
Well they won't take a kid to jail. And they probably wouldn't put you in jail anyway, they'd probably charge you for it, and take your dogs away. Do your parents know? And how can they find out that they are part wolf?
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

User avatar
Fire Eternal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Morrisville! :D
Contact:

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by Fire Eternal » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:37 pm

I think they're trying to fool you. My friend says they think her dog is part wolf or something, and her family has had him since... before I was born so... yeah. And dogs will hunt, if they want, no matter what breed they are, I think.
---------------------------[ FIRE ! ]
---___________________________

--I'm gonna live like every day's my last,
--gonna be the one to come out laughing.


-I'm gonna laugh like every joke's my best,
----gonna be the one to come out living.


---___________________________

----[ ETERNAL ! ]

User avatar
Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 4608
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:47 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Spy is credit to team.

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by Blindseer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:40 pm

pikachu59013 wrote:I think they're trying to fool you. My friend says they think her dog is part wolf or something, and her family has had him since... before I was born so... yeah. And dogs will hunt, if they want, no matter what breed they are, I think.
it is not lying.

and just because someone is possibly not obeying the local laws, does not make them un-true.
icon by Rottenrobbie

User avatar
timberwolf12162
Pup
Pup
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:22 am
Gender: Female

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by timberwolf12162 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:43 pm

ok yes my parents no that they r part wolf they new when they got them when they were pups and its they want to take my dogs away they have to go threw a bat. The father of my wolfdogs was a wolf and they did a dna test and thats why my dogs r not akc reistered they were going to but they were to much wolf.

User avatar
April
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2597
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:23 pm
Gender: Female
Location: In the midst of a storm
Contact:

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by April » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:45 pm

timberwolf12162 wrote:ok yes my parents no that they r part wolf they new when they got them when they were pups and its they want to take my dogs away they have to go threw a bat. The father of my wolfdogs was a wolf and they did a dna test and thats why my dogs r not akc reistered they were going to but they were to much wolf.

But do you really think that police officers are going to go to every house, knock on the door and say, "Hey can I get some dna samples from your dog?"

Besides why are they illegal anyway? Is it because wolves are considered dangerious and untame and wild? Even part wolves?
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

User avatar
Fire Eternal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Morrisville! :D
Contact:

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by Fire Eternal » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:46 pm

You never know. It could be some kid with no life who has something against wolves and dogs and wants to scare people *shrugs*
---------------------------[ FIRE ! ]
---___________________________

--I'm gonna live like every day's my last,
--gonna be the one to come out laughing.


-I'm gonna laugh like every joke's my best,
----gonna be the one to come out living.


---___________________________

----[ ETERNAL ! ]

User avatar
timberwolf12162
Pup
Pup
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:22 am
Gender: Female

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by timberwolf12162 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:47 pm

yeah and they did the DNA test when they were trying to resiter them for the akc dog show things or something like that and why wood they take my dogs away they saved me life many times with the snake the deer adn (etc.)

User avatar
Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 4608
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:47 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Spy is credit to team.

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by Blindseer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:47 pm

they are considered a "dangerous breed", along with german shepherds, pitbulls, and others which also require permits.
icon by Rottenrobbie

User avatar
timberwolf12162
Pup
Pup
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:22 am
Gender: Female

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by timberwolf12162 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:49 pm

WHAT?! now i have to get a permit just to have dog what is this world coming too.
Monster quest now i have another worry.

User avatar
Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 4608
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:47 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Spy is credit to team.

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by Blindseer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:51 pm

timberwolf12162 wrote:WHAT?! now i have to get a permit just to have dog what is this world coming too.
Monster quest now i have another worry.
its been that way for a very long time, I think at least 20 years.
icon by Rottenrobbie

User avatar
April
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2597
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:23 pm
Gender: Female
Location: In the midst of a storm
Contact:

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by April » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:53 pm

Blindseer wrote:
timberwolf12162 wrote:WHAT?! now i have to get a permit just to have dog what is this world coming too.
Monster quest now i have another worry.
its been that way for a very long time, I think at least 20 years.

It is not like that in Canada. At least not where I live. I have seen many people walking their "part wolf" dogs. And I'v never heard of a law in Canada saying that you need a permit to own these dogs. I see many many German Shepherds too. Pit bulls are still free to own, but they are considering whether to ban them or not.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

User avatar
timberwolf12162
Pup
Pup
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:22 am
Gender: Female

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by timberwolf12162 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:54 pm

hold on people shasta the father of firestar took my donut.....


Sigh back adn now i better get a peice of paper to have a dog im hating this government right now.

User avatar
Fire Eternal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Morrisville! :D
Contact:

Re: Is the internet lying about part wolf dogs?

Post by Fire Eternal » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:56 pm

I say you shouldn't need a permit, if you raise it and trait it properly, it would be way less dangerous. There are just those stupid people who allow their dogs to not behave, and don't treat them right. I don't think it's like that where I live at least...
---------------------------[ FIRE ! ]
---___________________________

--I'm gonna live like every day's my last,
--gonna be the one to come out laughing.


-I'm gonna laugh like every joke's my best,
----gonna be the one to come out living.


---___________________________

----[ ETERNAL ! ]

Post Reply

Return to “Other Canids”