WQ 2.7.1 thread

Archived news, updates and announcements.
OkamiNeko
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by OkamiNeko » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:34 pm

Rustic wrote:I'm loving the new patch with the emotes :D :D :D

But do we think it is possible in a future patch to:
1) Fix the chat sound alert (it currently only makes the alert sound if you are the game host)
2) add the option to resize the chat box/text (it is currently VERY small and hard on the eyes) this box/text was MUCH bigger in 2.5 so this doesn't seem to be much of an issue.
3) Add an option for checking/selecting multiple messages on the account inbox for deletion? I was away for awhile and SHEESH did it take forever to go through and then delete all my messages :(
Seconding all of this. The tiny chat box makes it hard to keep track of things during RPs especially.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:43 pm

So I vanish off the WQ site for a month and you all release 2.7.1 without me knowing :lol: I'm super excited to try out the emotes and see the improvements!!! Having facial expressions for the growl will be neat.

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:43 pm

roguemoon wrote:So I vanish off the WQ site for a month and you all release 2.7.1 without me knowing :lol:
I'm with you there... Except I was gone for more than a month. Glad to be back, even if I can't play 2.7.

I just found out about the emotes (submissive roll, tucked tail, raised tail, etc), and they sound very interesting. WolfQuest just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? I hope there'll be strong enough sales to keep up the improvement. Dave (or anyone else who may be able to answer this question), have you made back the money that it took to produce 2.7?

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:08 pm

LunaWolf2468 wrote:Dave (or anyone else who may be able to answer this question), have you made back the money that it took to produce 2.7?
Sales have been quite good. I'm truly astounded by how many people have purchased the game so far, and I'm grateful to every one of you/them. It's incredibly gratifying that thousands of people have said: "Yeah, I'll pay $10 for a game that let's me be a wolf."

However, we ended up investing far more time and money than I ever expected, so even with healthy sales we've had so far, and even optimistically assuming that they continue, it'll be many months before we will have recouped our investment. I do think we will reach that point, and I do think that we will be able to start working on a new episode by the end of this year, but all that depends on how sales go in the coming months.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:12 pm

I've gotten several reports of a new bug in 2.7.1: if you skip the predator-camera drive in MP games, it triggers the Pause menu and moves you far off the map, and you can't get back. I've got one good repro report, but if anyone else has seen this and can send in a bug report--especially with a saved MP game from the Defend Den mission, it might help us fix this problem quickly. Thanks!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:53 pm

We've fixed that teleport bug (with the predatorcam), and are also adjusting the size of the chat window on higher-resolution screens. If that's been annoying too you (too small), please look at the attached screenshot. Is that about right on a 1920x1080 monitor? Or do you want it a bit bigger or a bit smaller?
Attachments
chat window size check
chat window size check
chatwindow.jpg (518.89 KiB) Viewed 4431 times
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:07 pm

That's just perfect! Now I can read it much more clearly! Thanks a lot!!

Maddoka
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Maddoka » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Thanks for fixing that bug! I recently got it happen to me again(before the update ;p) in Multiplayer and it was very annoying because I hadn't saved for a while.

And the chat box seems about fine. Maybe a bit small for some people still, but it's not too big IMO.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:03 am

Thank you so much for scaling up the chatbox, Dave. ^^ Definitely looks better now.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:49 am

We'll make it a bit larger. We've also fixed the chat sound. I've put "selecting multiple messages" on the task list, but we won't get that done in this patch.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Maddoka
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Maddoka » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:40 pm

About the teleportation bug, did you already patch the game to get rid of it?

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:24 pm

Maddoka wrote:About the teleportation bug, did you already patch the game to get rid of it?
I think we'll get that patch out tomorrow.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

OkamiNeko
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by OkamiNeko » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:25 pm

After trying to complete the all four pups achievement on Bring It On, I must say this.
Could it be implemented that your mate actually run instead of meander along at a leisurely trot? This is especially unhelpful during the final travel to the rendezvous, and I've run out of pup food, a carcass is too far away, and my mate is off doing who knows what. Often times my mate will also just stand in one spot on the map, not doing anything.

_Atlas
Pup
Pup

Post by _Atlas » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:37 am

Ok, time to expose my problem! XD

I have a Mac Lion (so 10.7) and, in fact, when I download the game again from itch.io and I try to install it, it practically says that my mac is too old (with a sort of "ban-signal" over the game icon).
I have for now version 2.7p6…
There will ever be a chance for this update to come into my computer? I really hope so, all those updates looks awesome and would solve so many problems...

Thanks in advance!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:53 am

_Evel wrote:Ok, time to expose my problem! XD

I have a Mac Lion (so 10.7) and, in fact, when I download the game again from itch.io and I try to install it, it practically says that my mac is too old (with a sort of "ban-signal" over the game icon).
I have for now version 2.7p6…
There will ever be a chance for this update to come into my computer? I really hope so, all those updates looks awesome and would solve so many problems...

Thanks in advance!
The game launcher generally doesn't work on 10.7, so I'm not sure how you got it running in the first place. Or did I give you a link to it by email? Contact me by email if so.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”