WQ 2.7 Pricing

Archived news, updates and announcements.
AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Post by AmberZeWolf » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:15 am

I know it seems like a new version is coming out. Dont rush, don't ask for too much. Ten bucks is perfect. Does it really matter now if they added more stuff? They improved the game a lot and I think many of you are pushing them to extend the amount of time to wait just for a tiny thing like new animals. We are perfect with what we have now. Don't make them feel stressed for tiny things like that.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:51 am

Snow130 wrote:I know it seems like a new version is coming out. Dont rush, don't ask for too much. Ten bucks is perfect. Does it really matter now if they added more stuff? They improved the game a lot and I think many of you are pushing them to extend the amount of time to wait just for a tiny thing like new animals. We are perfect with what we have now. Don't make them feel stressed for tiny things like that.
Exactly, and this new version actually comes with tons of stuff, even new features they won't tell us about until we play it, so don't worry so much people! There are games that have always costed money and people buy them!

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:10 pm

For everyone complaining about the price:

$10 for a game of this calibre is beyond reasonable - most 'games' on Steam are selling for more than double that amount and they are figuratively steaming piles of wolf scat. WolfQuest has taken THOUSANDS of hours of work (I don't have the exact number, but that sounds about right) to get to this point, and I'm not even sure if that includes the amount of time spent testing (which is a lot in itself).

Considering the minimum wage in the U.S.A is around $7.25 an HOUR, charging only $10 for a game that has obviously had so much hard work, love, and passion go into it just boggles my mind. I would have NO problem paying $60 for this game, in fact maybe I will add a 600% tip when I buy WQ 2.7. Because they deserve it (and I would like an episode 3 to be honest, haha!)

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:04 pm

I already have version 2.5 installed on my laptop. If I buy version 2.7 (which I will) will I still be able to play 2.5 or will it be replaced? How will the new version be delivered?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:18 pm

@Flamesky: Both versions can be installed without the new one overwriting the old, or vice versa.
loboLoco wrote:Version 2.7 will not overwrite v2.5, so you can keep the old version on your computer alongside the new version.
Source: WolfQuest FAQ • Release dates and platforms

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Neamara wrote:@Flamesky: Both versions can be installed without the new one overwriting the old, or vice versa.
loboLoco wrote:Version 2.7 will not overwrite v2.5, so you can keep the old version on your computer alongside the new version.
Source: WolfQuest FAQ • Release dates and platforms
Thank you! I'll definitely plan on getting the game then once it is released.

Rifka
Pup
Pup

Post by Rifka » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:33 pm

So glad you are charging, actually. I've been wanting to give some kind of money to WQ since I enjoy the game so much. Will definitely be getting the $10.00 pack.
It's amazing to see the potential of more funding!

Oh, and SolitaryHowl kinda mentioned steam, which got me thinking that if WQ was greenlit it might do well on the marketplace?

clar020
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by clar020 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:14 am

I'm so happy over that it's not super expensive like for example minecraft!
I'm very exited over this update.

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:36 am

Rifka wrote:
Oh, and SolitaryHowl kinda mentioned steam, which got me thinking that if WQ was greenlit it might do well on the marketplace?
I think that's a good idea! Plus's I think it would make more money for u guys!

Whitetigress55
Pup
Pup

Post by Whitetigress55 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:49 pm

BlueBellTigger wrote:
Rifka wrote:
Yeah! I know the game doesn't cost a dollar but as an example, with all the people that play WolfQuest, if they all payed just one dollar, already a lot of money would be raised! So ten dollars is a win for both players and the team. The players don't have to spend that much, and the staff would have a good amount of funding!

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Whitetigress55 wrote:
BlueBellTigger wrote:
Rifka wrote:
Yeah! I know the game doesn't cost a dollar but as an example, with all the people that play WolfQuest, if they all payed just one dollar, already a lot of money would be raised! So ten dollars is a win for both players and the team. The players don't have to spend that much, and the staff would have a good amount of funding!
I agree! It would mean a lot to them and us! :D

Naeomi
Pup
Pup

Post by Naeomi » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:23 am

Glad it isn't expensive, because I still look forward to playing :D

Clan Hyena
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Clan Hyena » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:36 pm

when you buy the pc download for $10, will everone who buys the game have ALL the new changable features to their wolf unlocked?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:57 pm

@Clan Hyena: yes, purchasing the full version gives you everything 2.7 has to offer including the new wolf customizations, as detailed here-
loboLoco wrote:Mac/Win:
  • Free Trial: with with Amethyst Mountain single-player, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
    Full Game: The entire game with Amethyst, Slough Creek, and the new Lost River map, Multiplayer, and all customizations for $10. It will be available as a digital download, and you can use credit card or PayPal to purchase it.
Source: [WolfQuest FAQ] Pricing

rainiepainie
Pup
Pup

Post by rainiepainie » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:56 am

Anything more than what the WQ team is putting out now would be too expensive to make at the moment. That's why they are making this update (which in my opinion is worth $10) so they can get the funds to release even more content and another episode. Like mentioned earlier the team doesn't have a lot of money so maybe you should be grateful that they even produced 2.7 with what they had. (Which is pretty good)

Also question- would Canadians have to pay exchange rate for the price? Either way I'd still buy it.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”