Anyone else hate Coyotes???

Topics contained within this archive have been archived from General Other Topic Discussion, Science & Technology and Sports, Adventure & Travel among others.
Bellamy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Anyone else hate Coyotes???

Post by Bellamy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:46 pm

Personally, I think coyotes are just as misunderstood as wolves. It's pretty hypocritical in my eyes for someone to love the wolf and hate the coyote, when they're both equally beautiful and amazing. That kind of blind hate is one of the reasons why wolves were targeted before... don't let it happen again to a different species.

Kyuubi no yoko
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Kyuubi no yoko » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:56 pm

While I dont hate them I dislike them though. They kept harassing us when we were camping and would bark, howl and whine all through the night. I wish their were some wolves around at that time to get them. I also dont trust them like I would trust a wolf. Though I will admit they do look cool.
I own the night!

Former moderator. :)

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:30 pm

Kyuubi no yoko wrote:While I dont hate them I dislike them though. They kept harassing us when we were camping and would bark, howl and whine all through the night.
but dont wolves do that as well?
icon by Rottenrobbie

Vida
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Vida » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:41 pm

I love all animals, even some which some people don't like. But then we have no predators in New Zealand so I probably wouldn't know if they harass people or not. Either way I couldn't bring myself to hate or even dislike any animal
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” - Mahatma Gandhi

Site for writers: http://inkassociation.proboards76.com/

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:45 pm

I dont have any wild animals near me that harass us, sadly there are no wolves or cootes at all. the worst there is is a raccon which makes really loud crunching noises if it finds something to eat.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Kyuubi no yoko
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Kyuubi no yoko » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Blindseer wrote:
Kyuubi no yoko wrote:While I dont hate them I dislike them though. They kept harassing us when we were camping and would bark, howl and whine all through the night.
but dont wolves do that as well?
Wolves are gernerally really shy and stay away from people, these things were very close to us. Besides I dont think wolves "sound" like yotes at all.
I own the night!

Former moderator. :)

SwanSong
Pup
Pup

Post by SwanSong » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:08 pm

I have coyotes in my area, but I rarely hear them. :( I think they're beautiful.

A coyote howl is different from a wolf's. It sounds like a barking dog at first, then it breaks out into a long howl.
"A prince does not look back;
Only ahead."

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:52 pm

I wouldn't know what they sound like. I've never heard either.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Wolfie10
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wolfie10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:44 am

Hate is a very stong word, enjoy the sound of nature!
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein

spa1999
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by spa1999 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:02 pm

I really like coyotes even though they nearly killed my friends greyhound and since there are coyotes in my back woods that puts my little puggle,Koda,at a high chance of death sometimes I can't sleep thinking of what might happen to him. But coyotes amaze me the way they can adapt,ya know?
(......(\_
))___/{.
"-;
((.-'{ { )
\\........\\

Avvie By Me

Author Of •The Tale of Caylipso•

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:40 pm

When I visit my grandparents in New Mexico, I find listening to the coyotes howling kind of peaceful. I've never seen one up close, but I just love to hear them howl in the early morning. So you can say that I like coyotes because I have no reason to hate them; they remind me of wolves^^

shadowwolf966
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shadowwolf966 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Personally I think coyotes are pretty cool- they just live to live, and do a pretty good job. :D I love it when they howl and bark, and I will howl and bark back. There's a little bit of a silence, and then they will howl back. Its pretty cool. :mrgreen: But I can see how they are annoying- and I'm sorry for your cat, Blackwolf. :cry:
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Shadow, proud to be a Tafuria of the African Stars Pack!
.//.......'.'.'.'..Come join the largest pack on WolfQuest today!:
..../...........//.http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

Siggie (c) Alpha Female

abbywerewolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by abbywerewolf » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:38 pm

I live in Florida, but where I live, we don't get them around. I live in a really urbanized area. So I wouldn't really know. Haha.

Keeva
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Keeva » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:31 pm

I Love coyotes!!! I live in Wyoming and am about three or so hours from yellowstone. :D I have coyotes that live in my back yard as well. I love the way their howls and crys sound!!! :mrgreen: I hear them just about every night. Their howls creep my mom out but they help me to go to sleep at night. I hear coyotes crying, dogs barking, and at one point a pack of wolves howling. I love the sound that all three of those make. My mom thinks im crazy. On time we went to a hotel and we had a dog next door barking and i was the only one who got sleep cause i hear dogs every night.

Wolves sound REALLY cool by they way. They sound like they are singing more then coyotes. :mrgreen:
He's your friend, partner and defender. You are his life, love and leader. He will be yours until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
In honor of the Rottweiler
Proud alpha female of the Lakota Silverpaw Pack

Annoth_Firedrakie
Pup
Pup

Post by Annoth_Firedrakie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:13 pm

oh do i have a story for you guys!

EDIT: im sure there are no wolves since activity around the area kept even the black bear families away in the woods
i was at a sleep over at my friends house who lives close to woods. she heard a coyote cry (like a wolf howls) but I didnt belive her so kept going to the steps but herd it to! for an hour we rocord what we saw while they were right across the street! we called them the Spirit Pack because when they mock charged the house it was like they dissappered. Another reason is because they moved without a sound (hunting us!) and didnt responded to our calls anymore. it was from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM heres all the info recorded! (ghost glides are those mock charges)

7 PM- ghost glides and their eye shines
7:05 Pm- about 4 more join the 5 (entire pack)
7:09 pm- truck shines light but they ran under trees
7:10 pm- 2 seem to go into mini forest and still eye shines and ghost glides (mini forest is a small woods like 10 feet to the east of were we were)
7:11- 8 sets of eyeshines
7:12: no movent at all
7:14 AUMBUSH! full fledged!
7:15- its an ambush but all is quiet and still?
7:16- alpha female by den about 9 meters awya
7:17- alpha female moves into mini forest to the east 3 sets of eyeshines wacthing us while she moves
7:18- can hear paws on road.
7:19- one set of eyeshines and 2 ghost glides
7:20- a patteren of inactive begining and end of hours but active during kiddle
7:20- a coyote cry but Bear (her dog) snarls to defent sensing our fear
7:22- shadows crossing yard when light is on them black coyotes? (couldnt be wolves they are to small)
7:23- neighbors dog barks rapidly meaning danger or fear and a show runs into the yard to the north (stright where we are!)
2:25- neighbors shepard still barks rapidly and then coyote yowl
7:26- I use my hands and blow into them creating a sound of a ieing prey item to draw them away from bear HUGE RISK!
( note: they are able to press through the screen of the door)
7:28- whiskey (older dog inside) points around yard! (hes a very good bassit hound and sees them)
7:31- one set of eye shine
7:35- eye shine and 2 ghost glides but Bear stops moving and barking?
(note: seeming to dissapper and leave)
7:39- bear moves again telling us he's still there
7:40- 5 in min forest snarl and bark at Bear
7:41- bear whimpers! attack moves to dog trpped in a pen!
7:46: all are surrounding pe
(note: before fixed bear was a pack member though he is a lab but mated with the female unseccsesful)
7:49- eyeshine and ghost glide
8:00 Pm- coyotes relent and have left the scene though no reponse to any more howls

So now we are playing my ladtop in her room deep into zoo tycoon 2 but notice bear LOUDLY barking snarling and whining so we jump up grab the paper and only have enough time to write

8:30- bear is attacked

there was four of us but 7 or 8 of them each of us had sharpened spears with the porciepine quills that we found and me managed to fight off the alphas but the rest tryed to protect them and died in the processe. It was the most agressive pack in the area and her mom was payed 3,000 US dollars for our removal of them I was given 250scine I ''bagged'' some (useing different terms trying NOT to offend non hunters) If non hunters dont like this then 1 dont read it and 2. we had to her family was poor and needed the money and that pack already killed 9 cats all pets 17 dogs in their pens and when the check came it said there was a possible 3 people dead 1 was a resident and 2 were homeless living in the woods who atually wouuld attack and steal from people in those woods. I swaer to "Gosh" it real and she strated to cry after it was over! the only myistery is all were normal colors so what did we see with the black ones? The bright spotlight was one it 100% when shined.....
If we fail to see tommorow
this crule world
has done us one last favor before we let go
before then we must stand to fight, never breaking down
to get through the unknown, to shred the darkness within us

~the dragons way