All about Red foxes

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature & Wildlife Photography forum to submit your own wildlife photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Katemarie123
Pup
Pup

All about Red foxes

Post by Katemarie123 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Red foxes live in many places including,forests,mountains,deserts,and grasslands.They live 2 to 4 years.They are omnivores and are included in the mammal family.There common diet is to eat,rodents,rabbits,birds and other small game.But if on last resort,they will eat,fruits,vegetables,fish,frogs and even worms.But if they can't find any of these things,they will eat out your garbage can.A fox's tail is usually only used for balance.But when winter comes along they use it like an extra coat to keep them warm.At birth red foxes are usually brown or gray.By the end of there first month,there pelt should be a new glossy red.But sometimes it can turn out to be golden,reddish brown,black,or even silver!Do you love these furry creatures?And do you think that hunting foxes shouldn't be allowed?And feel free to talk about anything of these foxes.

Source:animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/red-fox/

(Or just search up red fox life span)
ɪ αℳ ∀ ϖ∅ʟƒ

alethe
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: [REDACTED]

Re: All about Red foxes

Post by alethe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:26 pm

I believe this would go in "Other Canids" (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=9), and I'm also sure that there are fox threads already there for you to post on.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Return to “Nature & Wildlife”