Extinct animals

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Silverfang88
Pup
Pup

Extinct animals

Post by Silverfang88 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Earlier today I saw a TV show called stranger then nature. On it it talks about the tazmanian Tiger, which is extinct, right? Well it might not be. It described how it went extinct 75 years ago. But people in australia say that they have seen them, and headless kangaroos have been sighted, which only could have been done by that tiger.
has anyone else heard of any extinct animals. Or your favorite extinct animal. My favorite extinct animal is the dire wolf.
No longer active Might check in every few months

La Striata
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Extinct animals

Post by La Striata » Sun May 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Cave hyena. It was basically the same as the modern spotted hyena of Africa, but it was larger, and lived throughout Europe and Asia. You can still see paintings of it in caves.
I cannot see that wolves are in any way nobler in character than hyenas- Frederick Selous

Silverfang88
Pup
Pup

Post by Silverfang88 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:56 pm

So, by painting you mean by cavemen? Awesome.
No longer active Might check in every few months

Redwalker

Post by Redwalker » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:29 am

I don't know if I have a favorite extinct animal, but extinct animals intrigue me. I'll be researching them for a pack I'm making, which will satisfy that need for a while >.<

Seeing as this was posted a year ago, I wonder if "stranger then nature" still shows....I'm sure I can find it on youtube or something >.<
,.°`°.,
xoxo, Gossip Girl
,.°`°.,