Mystery tree

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature & Wildlife Photography forum to submit your own wildlife photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

ironhide101

Mystery tree

Post by ironhide101 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:29 pm

.When i went to the park one day i decided to climb a tree Problem is when i got down i got this sticky stuff all over my long and i am certain it was not a maple tree this tree have what looked like pockets of this sticky stuff and i think it was purple colored. I got ti off but i had to use a cloth because i think when it dries it sticks to you like it was meant to be there. What kind of tree is this, any one know. Hint(this tree is not the best for climbing)

Katemarie123
Pup
Pup

Re: Mystery tree

Post by Katemarie123 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:24 pm

It could be a maple tree,pine tree and there are tons more.But if you ever do climb one of these trees again,use nail polish remover and a cotton ball to get the sap off.But really,any tree can produce really sticky sap.So if you haven't found out yet,look up on your state tree guide or a book of trees of the world.Either might help you find it if you haven't.
ɪ αℳ ∀ ϖ∅ʟƒ

Return to “Nature & Wildlife”