Weird Experience with birds

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

ironhide101

Weird Experience with birds

Post by ironhide101 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 pm

I was at the Cheynne Mountain zoo one day with he family and while i was with mom we were getting ready to go i step one and mom pulled me back. She said to look down, i looked down i saw a bird walk over my shoe! I think it was a pekock don't remember but it have green feathers with a colorful body. I wonder what made it decide to walk over my shoe in the first place.

wolfpup125
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Weird Experience with birds

Post by wolfpup125 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:44 pm

i once saved a red robin,blue bird, and a little bird
The red robin was attached by my bird and it was a baby so i picked it up and tried to fix its wing and it didn't work because she was laying on a egg so i had to leave her alone but she lived.

Blue bird was ran over and got a broken wing and i tried to fix it and i did and she somewhat lived till my cat ate her.

The little bird fall out of a tree and i took it in and then i let it go and it got eaten by my cat.
You can find me if you know where to find me lol.
I am someone who is strange and is weird plus crazy i am dangerous sometimes if you MAKE ME MAD lol

MoonStep
Pup
Pup

Post by MoonStep » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:47 pm

This or was weird... Me and my little brother went to a big pond that was in our neighborhood, it was nice. Not to far away, and it had a little piece f land stretching from the sides of it to the middle. So we were walking on the 'stretched land' and these two geese start swimming over. We thought they were nice, so we stood & watched them. One of them took off and started flying meanly toward us... Fast. Lol so we ran away. It kept doing it, and later we found their nest with hatched eggs. Another day we saw them swimming, with chicks following them.

And this is short. Me and my friend we walking, and looked up, and some pink bird flying above us. We think it was a flamingo. Since tht day we still laugh about it.
You best not forget her...
Silver, may be there, watching, spying, on anyone.
What can she say? ... it's her job....

ironhide101

Post by ironhide101 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:08 pm

lol you should be more aware of your sorroundings thee next time you go. :D

Koroda
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Koroda » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Today, I was at my brother's baseball game, and two hawks had decided to attend. They were flying on circles over my head like a vulture and once swooped like a foot from my head.

A few weeks ago, me and my friend walked near my school. A robin was lying on the ground on its back, dead. And near a window. When I can back to my parents I said, "We found... A Dead Robin! Yum!"
I am Koroda,
A coelacanth fish.
While you humans die,
I'll still be here....

Trapdoor
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Trapdoor » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:06 pm

This didn't happen too long ago but me and my brother were watching a movie and then a random bird began to peck at the window leaving cracks and scratches! It was so strange, like it wanted revenge or something... o_o
Don't call me Midori that's my dog's name!

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Interesting Topic.... Whatsoever, Not to long ago, My friends and I was walking the road to the bridge to go to school and next thing you know were walking and then a bird "DooDoo" right close to our face and close to our hair. Then my friend said "you evil bird" I starting laughing to the top of my lungs
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

CrystalsAndSwords

Post by CrystalsAndSwords » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:51 pm

Well, I was in this cage with birds and basically every single one landed on me (Everyone stared at me). I just kinda, stood there, you know, casual, and then this one landed on my face... and I lost it. I think you can guess what happened next +.+
av. lupinz

ironhide101

Post by ironhide101 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm

CrystalsAndSwords wrote:Well, I was in this cage with birds and basically every single one landed on me (Everyone stared at me). I just kinda, stood there, you know, casual, and then this one landed on my face... and I lost it. I think you can guess what happened next +.+
:lol: Oh ya i can totally guess what happened on that one no doubt about it.

Waxing_Moon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Waxing_Moon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:32 pm

Who would have guessed the number of people that have been in a strange situation with a bird. xD

Once I was in a bird habitat at a zoo and one of the birds flew strait over my head and its foot slapped me in the face.

~Kaza

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:55 pm

I've been encountered by a goose before and a duck. No food was visible or the scent of it, but they followed and chased us when they got close. Stretched their wings and gave out their natural breed call to us. It was quite funny but being pecked and tugged at wasn't a joy ride, after-all.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Oh birds...

Ive had quite a few.
Once a goose attacked me because I got to close to its chick (i had no idea the chick was even there) it flew on me and kicked me in the head. I was okay at least, just a bruise on my head

I get mobbed by crows in the woods sometimes, i hate crows.
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

av/sig: alethe