. General Eagle Discussion .

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature & Wildlife Photography forum to submit your own wildlife photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

. General Eagle Discussion .

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Eagles are such amazing birds, especially the harpy eagle, powerful enough to carry off a monkey. I have a great interest in them. For all the eagle species, you can go to Wikipedia, here's a link -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle#Species

I adore Harpies, those eagles able to carry off a monkey. Their talons are longer than a grizzly bear's claws. Tawnies (also kown as Pirate Eagles) are also interesting to me, because of their pirate-like behavior. The eagle in the WolfQuest game is a Golden, which some people always seem to call it a hawk.

So what about you? Do you like eagles? And if so, what kind(s)?
One raindrop among millions.

rose13

Re: . General Eagle Discussion .

Post by rose13 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:31 pm

I think Golden Eagles have to be my favorite. Im not really sure why, i think its because when they fly it looks really agile and they are huge.... apparently they can carry sheep but im not sure if that's true. I also think they look amazing. :D

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:29 pm

rose13 wrote:I think Golden Eagles have to be my favorite. Im not really sure why, i think its because when they fly it looks really agile and they are huge.... apparently they can carry sheep but im not sure if that's true. I also think they look amazing. :D
Golden Eagles are unable to carry off sheep, although they can carry off wolf pups, as seen in WolfQuest's Singleplayer mode. Harpy Eagles and Martial Eagles are both capable of carrying off animals like monkeys and antellope.
One raindrop among millions.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:47 am

I would have to say. Bald Eagles are my favorite. Probably due to their majestic size and white head. We also see them lots around my home. Which I love. ^^
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Silver_Stream00
Pup
Pup

Post by Silver_Stream00 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:42 am

I don't like birds that much, but eagles are one of my special favourites. I'm short-sighted and for somebody who wears glasses, eagles inspire a sense of awe on me as the eagle has such brillant eyesight! I watched this programme called BirdFlight and it had cameras attached to the birds. You could see from the eagle's wing everything that was going on! It was amazing.
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Orbit, proud to be a Zaka of the African Stars Pack!
.//.......'.'.'.'..Come join the largest pack on WolfQuest today!:
..../....//.http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

Signature/Avatar by the African Stars Pack.

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 pm

I have seen both Bald and Golden Eagles in the wild before. I remember seeing a bald eagle out my window on a drive. It was perched on a fence post in a field. Eagles are certainly magnificent birds.
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

Katemarie123
Pup
Pup

Post by Katemarie123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Eagles are one of my favorite birds.Hawks and Eagles lived in almost every tree in my neighborhood.One time I almost touched one :D If you want to see an eagle, go to Missouri.There will be a hmm, sorry forgot.Oh an observatory above the Truman dam.The dam is between Truman lake and the Osage river.But inside the observatory is an eagle.It's real but it's dead :( .Anyway you can look at it up close,see its features.It's really cool.Check it out if you haven't been there.Also you see the Eagles fly around and vultures out on the trees.
ɪ αℳ ∀ ϖ∅ʟƒ

Return to “Nature & Wildlife”