. Snakes .

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature & Wildlife Photography forum to submit your own wildlife photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

DenimSparkle
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: . Snakes .

Post by DenimSparkle » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Well little red, I for one wouldn't want to feed any reptile a poor mouse, though I do believe in natural feedings. I feed my turtle fish an crickets (as you know) and that's fine, but a mouse seems a little... Yuck... Anyway, I'd love someone I know to get a snake, so I can look at it but don't have to feed it. So yeah... That's my take on the subject^^

Toodles!

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:28 pm

I see I'm not the only one who loves snakes XD Everyone around me is afraid of them though. I don't understand why.. they're so cute =D

As for feeding a snake (or any reptile) a mouse, almost all predators will frequently kill and eat other animals, so I don't see why a mouse would be any different. Unless, of course, you like mice.. then I could understand why you'd have a problem with feeding them to snakes.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Redwalker
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Redwalker » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:00 pm

I love rats (though I've never met one in person lol) but don't think I would have much of a problem feeding mice that were pre killed. I'm a vegetarian...so that's saying something.
,.°`°.,
xoxo, Gossip Girl
,.°`°.,

DenimSparkle
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DenimSparkle » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:27 am

I don't know. I'm not a huge mouse fan, but dead or alive, I'd still find the feeding process pretty gross. I'm a wimp about thatx3

SpiritOfTruth
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpiritOfTruth » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:24 pm

I really like black snakes, Mostly because they are a big thing around here.
ѕινєя ωιєяηєѕѕ ρα
~Okami~ α σуα ~Accalia~
нσρє ιѕ α ωαкιηg яєαм
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70592

VianaBoo567
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by VianaBoo567 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:45 am

Im not a big fan of snakes since one killed my dog :cry: but they are interesting. Near the area where I live there are :

Dugites, Western Brown Snake, Jan's Banded Snake, Black striped snake, Narrow-banded shovel snake , Southern shovel nose snake, Black nape snake, The gould's hooded snake, king brown, pigeon snake, Tiger snake, Southern death adder, Western crowned snake, stimson python and carpet python. :mrgreen:

Return to “Nature & Wildlife”