. Snakes .

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature & Wildlife Photography forum to submit your own wildlife photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

. Snakes .

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:02 pm

I know most people hate snakes, but I actually find them quite interesting. There are also legless lizards commonly mistaken for snakes, but there are obvious differences. I don't own any snakes and never will (due to my mom's fear of them) but I wish I could. I especially love the Indian Cobra, such a wonderful species! So how about you? Do you like snakes, or do you hate them? And if you like them, what species?

But I also have a bigger list of the snakes I like, read the following (these are in no special order)
  • Indian cobra
    Ball python
    Reticulated python
    Andoconda
    California kingsnake
    Milk snake
    Spitting cobra
    Pit viper
    Diamondback rattlesnake
    Rat snake

Those are the ones I love the most. How about you?
One raindrop among millions.

solarcomet
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: . Snakes .

Post by solarcomet » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:08 pm

I love snakes. I think its amazing how effective they are at moving around and hunting their prey even though they don't have any limbs.
I own two ball pythons right now, and I really enjoy taking care of them everyday.

My top favourite species would probably be:
Coral Reef Snake.
Indigo Snake.
White Lipped Python.
Mussurana Snake.
Rainbow Boa.
Ball Python.
Bullsnake.
Parrot Snake.
Boomslang.
Vine Snake.
Horned Viper.
Reticulated Python.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.
-Charles Schulz

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 pm

solarcomet wrote:My top favourite species would probably be:
Coral Reef Snake.
Indigo Snake.
White Lipped Python.
Mussurana Snake.
Rainbow Boa
Ball Python.
Bullsnake.
Parrot Snake.
Boomslang.
Vine Snake.
Horned Viper.
Reticulated Python.
Also very awesome species of snakes. Such wonderful and amazing creatures, snakes are. <3
One raindrop among millions.

FAmE
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by FAmE » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:56 pm

I think snakes are Awesome! >:D
(I love corn snakes!;3 )
http://dragcave.net/user/spottedhope if you could visit this site I would be grateful,
-FAmE----- x

monkfishlover
Pup
Pup

Post by monkfishlover » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Oceansong-Direwolf wrote: I especially love the Indian Cobra, such a wonderful species!

That's one of my faves too! I've always loved snakes! They're my fave animal besides monkfish!
My fave species:
-Spitting cobra
-various kinds of rattlesnakes
-Rhinoceros viper
-Gaboon Viper
-Green Anaconda
-Hognose snake
-false-water cobra

HappygirlXD
Yearling
Yearling

Post by HappygirlXD » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:53 pm

I don't like most snakes. They creep me out. ._. But, I must admit, their patterns are gorgeous.

Briggs
Pup
Pup

Post by Briggs » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:18 pm

I have a california King snake, his name is midnight.
I love snakes C:
-----------------------˚˚B R I G G S˚˚---------------------------------
º |Don't Believe In You, Believe In Me Who Believes In You| º
--------------------------Originally Joined WQ In 2007

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:12 am

I have liked other creature better than snakes but I don't entirely despise them. Snaked are very unique creature. Their bodies are entirely made out of muscle and I think the thing that creeps me out is when they shed their skin. If I didn't have to view that, snakes are very pretty on the outside. ^^
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:26 pm

I've always been a big fan of snakes, thanks to my father who owned many snakes as a child.
Gaboon Vipers would have to be my favorite snake. Although, I would never own a highly venomous snake, let alone a snake with 2 inch fangs! Being bitten by that would be like a nightmare without antivemon on hand.
My dream snake would have to be a Vietnamese Blue Beauty. *-*
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1207/img2325h.jpg

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:12 am

Croix wrote:I've always been a big fan of snakes, thanks to my father who owned many snakes as a child.
Gaboon Vipers would have to be my favorite snake. Although, I would never own a highly venomous snake, let alone a snake with 2 inch fangs! Being bitten by that would be like a nightmare without antivemon on hand.
My dream snake would have to be a Vietnamese Blue Beauty. *-*
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1207/img2325h.jpg

That snake is probably one of the prettier ones. ^^ I actually don't mind this snake as long as I don't see it shedding its skin. Although, I love the scale designs and colors all over it. =]
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Tita
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Tita » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:43 am

I like albino cornsnakes, some of those can be very sweet. And they're beautiful.
Go away, evil Mr. Scissors!

brightstar99
Yearling
Yearling

Post by brightstar99 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:51 pm

snakes are ok to me but a black razor snake almost killed/bitten my sister once! My favortive snake is the ball Python because they look harmless, small and sorta long! I kinda wish that I had a ball python but my mom won't let me because she Is scared of snakes and I almost got killed by venomous snakes twice so she won't let me.

Redwalker
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Redwalker » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:05 pm

I love snakes! I wish my mom would let me get one...I'm working on it...Maybe she could change the "no snake rule" to a "no snake bigger then three feet rule" I really want a sand boa....I dont find them all that strange, they're just like any other reptile when you think about it! I love reptiles in general, but theres something that is purely beautiful in a snake that you can't find in many other places. I cant say I'm afraid of snakes. When I was younger, I almost stepped on one at night! Did it bite me? no! it slithered off. Not all snakes are evil, I mean, maybe I did just get lucky...But you can't judge an animal because one member of the species was mean. Like pitbulls...but now I'm just getting off topic

<3 reptiles <3 snakes <3 you
,.°`°.,
xoxo, Gossip Girl
,.°`°.,

DenimSparkle
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DenimSparkle » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 am

Me and snakes have a complicated relationship. I think some snakes are beautiful! Who could argue? The way they can slip through little branches and their pattens are just captivating! Though I would never get one. Here's the reason. The small snakes are more likely to bite and be gross, though they can't hurt you too bad. Then the bigger snakes are gorgeous, buuuut they eat rodents and could do alot of potential harm, though are more patient and less likely to inflict injury. (Feel free to prove me wrong on this... I've never really researched snakes before, so i don't know what i'm talking about. :mrgreen: )

Redwalker
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Redwalker » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:07 am

C'mon Ds, don't be a hater :)

Snakes of anykind, big or small, can be very docile. Its not about the size, its about how they were raised. Small snakes do tend to be more jumpy, but its more about the individual snake then size. As for mice, they would eat them anyways, in your house or not.....So thats not a very good reason to avoid snakes. There's always the garter snake, who can live off of mice, oooor you can feed them feeder toads i believe, although these are known to transit parasites, they also can eat fish and earth worms. These are however, a typically jumpy breed. A hognose is arguably the best pet snake you can have so i here, and alot of people have trouble switching there snake's diet from it's natural one (frogs and toads) to mice. Cute litlle bugs to. But again, these are smaller snakes. A male sandboa doesn't get big and you could likely get away with feeding it pinkies, which i think would be easier then feeding a dead mouse....ew....whereas females eat fuzzies...i think....does anyone know for sure?
,.°`°.,
xoxo, Gossip Girl
,.°`°.,

Return to “Nature & Wildlife”