Dinosaurs

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Swoofzilla
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Dinosaurs

Post by Swoofzilla » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Okay, so I absolutely love dinosaurs. One day I saw these awesome dinosaur stickers and decided they were amazing. I loved dinosaurs when I was littler too. They are amazing.

I actually do know a lot about different types of dinosaurs, except for their time frame. Pretty much every animal is derived from dinosaurs. All dinosaurs were not scary, rawr ones. Some were as small as chickens and herbivores.

So, what is your opinion on dinosaurs? Are they awesome or not? Do you find it fascinating how old they are? And are these fossils really of dinosaurs? I just wanted to hear what others thought about dinosaurs. Most people only think of the cute little rawr ones. What is your opinion on the real ones?

dustydawn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Dinosaurs

Post by dustydawn » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:26 pm

I find dinosaurs quite interesting xD
But sometimes when i see the movies of Jarassic Park, i think of my life now and im grateful that there aren't animals like that on earth right now.

Dinosaurs were amazing animals, i love going to museums and looking at the skeleton of a dinosaur, and just knowing that they were alive at once. Anyway- i hope dinosaurs will never lose their greatness.
" too many feelings "

" and love is a word used too much and much too soon "
icon : soranofavalor

Vatn
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Trying to resolve the fight between the voices and my imaginary friends.

Post by Vatn » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:48 am

Dinosaurs must have been absolutely beautiful and fascinating creatures when they were alive. My favorites are raptors, like the Utahraptor and the velociraptor. I find it amazing that they used their brains and hunted in packs to bring down prey, much like wolves. What is your favorite dinosaur?
I'm fifteen for a moment. Caught in between ten and twenty and I'm just dreaming, counting the ways to where you are...
-Five For Fighting

Avvie by Sethos. Thank you so much! ^^

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:37 am

Dinosaurs are hardcore, yo. I love basically any form of dromaeosauridae and used to carry around little plastic ones when I was little. Mainly the utahraptor.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:33 pm

I used to be obsessed with dinosaurs (mainly the Stegosaurus and the Velociraptor.) when I was little...but not so much anymore.

I still do appreciate them, however. They were magnificent creatures of their time.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:45 pm

It's amazing how when I was little, I used to think velociraptors were big, when they're actually really tiny.
i am ossan

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:36 pm

I use to be a rather obsessed dinosaur fan when I was little. I had all the big giant dinosaur-filled books, and even little pocket books. I use to mainly like raptors and other carnivores, but I loved all dino's a lot. I still find them fascinating, but nowadays i'm more into other things.^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Swoofzilla
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Swoofzilla » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:39 pm

Randoven wrote:It's amazing how when I was little, I used to think velociraptors were big, when they're actually really tiny.
I know, their name made them sound so ginormous xD but they are a little smaller than humans, I believe.

My favorite kinds have always been Triceratops, and those kind of horned ones. I also love the plant eating ones. I was never into the T-Rex and all of them. I remember learning most about dinosaurs from The Land Before Time and The Magic Treehouse book about dinosaurs.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:49 am

Everytime we went to the book store, I'd get a dinosaur book. I still love dinosaurs. Again I love dromaeosauridae, which is most of the raptors I believe. I'm still rusty on the information but still. x]
i am ossan

Ffeion
Name: Ffeion, Red

Post by Ffeion » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:04 pm

I always loved dinosaurs, I loved watching(still do) Jurassic Park with my dad~
I always loved the raptor cause of its swiftness and it reminded me of birds and the t-rex because of its brute strenth and the fact it was huge. There was another one I can't remember the name of aswell.
When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
Icon (C) Riceboy

Ratlover4194
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: *Everyone collectively groans at Spot's pile of 6.5 billion characters*

Post by Ratlover4194 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Alpha Female wrote:I use to be a rather obsessed dinosaur fan when I was little. I had all the big giant dinosaur-filled books, and even little pocket books. I use to mainly like raptors and other carnivores, but I loved all dino's a lot. I still find them fascinating, but nowadays i'm more into other things.^^
That's exactly how I feel, and how I was when I was little. :mrgreen:
Vatn wrote:Dinosaurs must have been absolutely beautiful and fascinating creatures when they were alive. My favorites are raptors, like the Utahraptor and the velociraptor. I find it amazing that they used their brains and hunted in packs to bring down prey, much like wolves. What is your favorite dinosaur?
Yes, they are my favorites as well. They also remind me of wolves, and fascinate me. Truly remarkable creatures. :)
There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors... You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold. - Tenth Doctor
http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com/

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Dromaeosauridae. Dromaeosauridae. Dromaeosauridae. Honestly, to me, were great problem solvers. Hunted in packs and worked with each other. I always wondered about their communication. As in... If it was clicks or hisses or roars of some sort. They're still my favorite family of dinosaurs.
i am ossan

Vatn
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Trying to resolve the fight between the voices and my imaginary friends.

Post by Vatn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Randoven wrote:Dromaeosauridae. Dromaeosauridae. Dromaeosauridae. Honestly, to me, were great problem solvers. Hunted in packs and worked with each other. I always wondered about their communication. As in... If it was clicks or hisses or roars of some sort. They're still my favorite family of dinosaurs.
I agree with that statement, Randoven. I admire the cunning and strength that must have been displayed by these remarkable reptiles.
I'm fifteen for a moment. Caught in between ten and twenty and I'm just dreaming, counting the ways to where you are...
-Five For Fighting

Avvie by Sethos. Thank you so much! ^^

Swoofzilla
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Swoofzilla » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:50 am

Lawl, I still like the big fat plant-eating ones best xD

I also used to love that cartoon about the dinosaurs in the movie Fantasia 2000. There were so many awesome dinosaurs, and I would just watch it over and over to look at all of them.

Dewfrost
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Dewfrost » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:25 am

I used to be pretty obsessed with dinosaurs when I was about 5 or 6. Not that interested in them now, like... xD
But I do find it pretty cool how they lived on the very earth we're living on now. Kind of scary, when you think about it. O.o
http://www.youtube.com/user/MeginoRAWR

My lashes are dry, purple teardrops I cry.

♦ WolfQuest User Of The Month September 2009