Rules for Pack Central
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:47 pm
What Is Allowed
- - Abiding by the usual WolfQuest Forum Guidelines
- Packs consisting of wolves (any species of wolf is fine, however maned wolves are not wolves)
- Unnatural markings, patterns, coat colours, and eye colours within reason. Essentially, what this means that bright purple wolves with glowy red eyes and blue star markings, for example, are a bit much. Please message a moderator if you're unsure about this.
- Unrealistic hierarchies (alphas/betas/omegas, kingdoms, etc.)
- Unrealistic settings (places that don't exist, places where wolves are extinct or never inhabited, etc.)
- Packs based off books, movies, TV shows, etc.
- -- Packs based off of other media must still follow all the rules of WolfQuest and Pack Central.
- -- You may not create a joint account to lead the pack, and you may not be mates.
- Using BBCode to format your pack's thread
- Having your own unique set of rules, goals, statistics, etc.
- Advertising in the "Advertise your pack here!" thread
- Creating and linking to a website for your pack
- Roleplaying with your pack on the WolfQuest Roleplay Thread, provided everything in your pack follows the guidelines of that thread
- Using WolfQuest's multiplayer feature to host games for your pack
- Reporting posts that do not follow the rules of WolfQuest or Pack Central
- - Mates and mate-related content (see here for more details)
- Fantasy content (magic, powers, wings, horns, etc.)
- Religious content (including gods, spirits, legends, and other religious beliefs or aspects)
- Bumping your pack's thread (unless using the forum's bump button — info and instructions can be found here)
- Double posting on your pack's thread for any reason
- Extremely violent packs based off of killing
- Creatures that are not wolves as characters (including other canines such as maned wolves, coyotes, dogs, etc.)
- Posting topics saying you are searching for a pack — please look over existing pack threads and apply to them there
- Backseat moderating
- Creating another account to manage your pack
- Attempting to "own" ideas
- Directly copying from another pack without permission from the pack's leader(s) (Example: Copying and pasting another pack's rules into your own thread while changing very little or nothing at all)
- Roleplaying on your pack's thread (including using roleplay to introduce the details of your pack and requesting roleplay samples from potential members)
- Posting an unfinished thread — please finish your thread first and post it then, pack threads that are a work in progress will be locked
- Harassing a pack or otherwise being rude to a pack and/or its members. If there is a problem with a pack or its members, please do not bring it up on their thread. Private message the leader of the pack or a moderator instead.
- -- If someone is doing this on your pack thread, please report the posts or message a moderator so that they can handle it. Do not try to handle rule-breaking yourself, alert a moderator instead.
- - Consequences will vary depending on how many rules were broken, which rules were broken, and how they were broken. Packs may receive a reminder of the rules on their thread, with the post(s) that broke the rules being pointed out, posts may be removed or edited, a pack's thread may be locked either temporarily or permanently (depending on the severity and/or frequency of rule-breaking), users may be sent out warnings, users may have their posting privileges restricted, or users may be banned from the forum entirely.
- If you see a user or pack breaking any of WolfQuest's or Pack Central's rules, do not attempt to deal with it yourself. Report the post, or message a moderator with a link to the post (it is preferred that you do not do both, we only need to see the issue once). Please do not attempt to do the moderators' jobs for them.
- - If you're confused by any of these rules or have questions about them, feel free to ask on this topic! Just make sure to read through it a bit first, your question may already have been answered.
- If you have questions about Pack Central that are not necessarily related to these rules, check out the Pack Central FAQ first, and feel free to ask there if you still can't find the answer!