Undine Falls Pack: Reconnecting with Old Friends!

Make or join a pack in Pack Central. Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.

Moderator: Koa

Forum rules
Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.
Moonikinz
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Undine Falls Pack: Looking for Old Friends! Pack Reunion

Post by Moonikinz » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:22 pm

You forgot to add twilight, and lookie who got their red name back. back into the full swing of things again?
Former Founder of Undine Falls Pack/Pack mascot
Former WQ moderator.

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Moonikinz wrote:You forgot to add twilight, and lookie who got their red name back. back into the full swing of things again?
Added Twi. She has too many numbers at the end of her username...LoL. :P

I've added links to Moon's videos on the first post as well as a notification regarding the Undine Falls Art album.
If you have art, and want to contribute to the album- please PM me here, on WolfQuest with an email address. I will invite you to the album and you can contribute some of your own Undine Falls memories. This is actually MUCH easier for me than just sending me the art. You can also upload any of your creative stories and videos too. :)

Please and thank you!

Edit: I'm still working on the album though. It's SUPPOSED to let me share with other people so they can contribute....but it's not working. I might have done something wrong because I'm not computer savvy anymore. I'll have Kimimaru/Rick look into it. It would just be so much easier if people could add their own stuff and go through and save whatever they liked. :)
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Hiedidog

Post by Hiedidog » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:03 pm

Hey everybody!

It's Kamisha/Hiedidog, here. I was thinking about all you guys recently--especially about all the little drawings we used to do on the chat. Love the videos, Moon. I had almost forgotten about Nature's "Lickies"!

Anyway, I used to do a lot of art of UF friends, but it is on my ancient dinosaur computer so I'll have to see if I can get it working. I'll also have to figure out how to use Skype.

Hopefully I'll have enough time to catch up with everyone, even though college is keeping me busy. I look forward to reconnecting. :)
♥Kamisha♥

October 2009 Undine Falls Pack Member of the Month

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:23 pm

@Hiedidog and anyone else who might find this information useful -- Skype has a browser version nowadays as well, so if you are on PC and do not want to download the (garbage) client, you can sign in at http://web.skype.com as an alternative. From there, the process is just the same as it would be within the client; message any of the (preferably WQ-active) current participants so we can either send you the link to join the group, or manually add you to the group when we have got your username.

Skor
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by Skor » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:17 am

Glad to see a few more people popping up! I'm honestly pretty excited for our official little reunion next month.. I know it's gonna be a blast!
(And super late but I'mma echo Moon about you getting your red name back, Rikku ;D)

@Anduril Sweet!
I'mma try out this browser version and see how it works (if I can get it going) so if anyone else wants to and has issues w/it maybe I can help.. or try to.
grownup teenage troublemaker

Midnight Snow
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Midnight Snow » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:22 pm

Seems I can't help but keep lurking around. Glad to hear you'll be joining us soon, Hieididog! Been so long the word filter on here doesn't even want to let me express it. Feels good to see so many old names around again. I foresee much reminiscing and ‘Do you remember when…’ coming up.

– Midnight Snow
     You're not paranoid. You know you aren't. At least you weren't, until they started coming after you.

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:18 am

I still haven't had a chance to get that album stuff figured out -- my husband has been on business trips for fighting gaming tournaments (lucky), so we haven't touched based about that. But I'd love to get all our artwork loaded up if we can! I'll keep everyone updated on that.

wolf567/Blaze said he would try to join the reunion weekends too, and he has also been playing 2.7! As you guys know, they are also working on a Steam version that might be a little easier to get if you have Steam (loboloco/Dave will keep the WQ community updated when it's ready). You don't HAVE to get the game to participate in the reunion, but you really should try it out and help Eduweb. :) And remember, with 2.7 you can actually use chat normally or voicechat! Makes our adventures far more fun!

Also...I don't know yet...but I really THOUGHT about setting up a "website/forum" again for the pack. Not as elaborate...but what do you guys think? Even though we're oldies, would you still think you'd come and chat on the forum or anything like that? (no activity requirements or anything like that...but if it dies I'll just cancel the web host subscription like I did a few years back). I might even be able to bring back our old, cruddy chat with Wolf_Bot! XD But it's okay if you all aren't into as much. :) Just a thought.

And let's try to take as many awesome screenshots together as we can! <3

Hiedidog

Post by Hiedidog » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:13 pm

I would probably go on the forum occasionally as long as things aren't getting too busy.
Haha, and it would be cool to have the chat back with WolfBot. I don't have my tablet anymore so I'd have to settle for doing some really bad mousepad drawings, though.
♥Kamisha♥

Skor
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by Skor » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:13 am

Just decided to pop in here as it is now officially the month of February and our reunion's drawing close! Pull out your oldest doodle-chat doodles and get ready! c:

@Rikku The nostalgic child in me would love to see a simple website/forum up again, but I'm honestly not sure how we'll we'd do keeping it up.. even the singular Skype chat can fall quiet for days, you know? I'd try my best, though.
..I know we've kinda prided ourselves on not using the standard free forum options for UF, like, ever, but maybe it'd be a good compromise between wanting one and not having the activity to justify paying for it.

SADLY my poor laptop has decided that 2.7 is just too much for it, (which I expected, really..) so unless I can find a way to fudge it just for a few weekends, you'll just have to keep me updated on the pack's new multiplayer adventures. ;P

ALSO if anyone reads this and is interested/can help, I'd love to get a collection of all of our reunion participants' old wolf character references.. or if you can't find yours and feel motivated enough to remake one for, you know, purposes.

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:40 pm

I have to agree -- I'm not really sure it will be worth it in the long run; our chat is pretty quiet right now as well. It's okay though, we all have lives! It's just so nice to hear from so many of you again, and see how much you've grown up. However, it's good to see that there is still that "pack love", ya know?

I am hoping to start organizing game times for the first reunion weekend. If you are planning to attend, but prefer lurking on the forums, please private message me so we can share the pack password. Really looking forward to some nostalgic good times with old friends. :)

The Skype chat will be available, and remember, ANY old member is welcome to join in the chat, as long as people are cordial to one another, of course. I want everyone to have fun, like old times.

Skor
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by Skor » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:44 pm

Yo, guys, anyone else around? Our reunion's pretty much over, but it's been pretty quiet.. just wondering who's still lurking around and whatnot ^.^

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:15 am

Skor wrote:Yo, guys, anyone else around? Our reunion's pretty much over, but it's been pretty quiet.. just wondering who's still lurking around and whatnot ^.^
Yeah, I lurked all day, but not much was said on chat and no one had posted anything since I last posted, so I couldn't make any game announcements. :( I know I could edit my post....but...yeah. Oh well! I'm glad we could reconnect again, even if it was on Skype chat.

Perhaps a different weekend, later in the year (summer) might be better, since people will be out of college and whatnot. If you'd like to try to do something again, please let me know. And as always happy WolfQuesting!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:03 am

Skor wrote:@Rikku The nostalgic child in me would love to see a simple website/forum up again, but I'm honestly not sure how we'll we'd do keeping it up.. even the singular Skype chat can fall quiet for days, you know? I'd try my best, though.
..I know we've kinda prided ourselves on not using the standard free forum options for UF, like, ever, but maybe it'd be a good compromise between wanting one and not having the activity to justify paying for it.
I realised I never commented on this - I personally do not see the harm in using a free forum either, and I can see the upsides to it. A forum may make both the 'life updates' and other topics easier to discuss and find back, rather than having to go through all Skype messages when the chat DOES explode. On top of that, it may be useful for organising games and the like. Mind you, I doubt it'd grow 'big' again, but it's perhaps a nice medium for us to check in on every now and then and perhaps discuss topics more thoroughly. I've noticed I tend to usually be late to the chat when topics pass by I'd have liked to participate in, ha.

Rikkuzilla

Re: Undine Falls Pack: Reconnecting with Old Friends!

Post by Rikkuzilla » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:47 pm

Gross -- free forums. Anyway, I'll think on it. Just depends on the interest level -- as I know the Skype pack chat is kind of hard to keep up with-- aaaaaannd quiet because of all the adulting we have to do now (ha, it's not just me anymore)! But the good news is, I really don't have to moderate chat anymore, since you all are adults (or PRETTY MUCH) now. :mrgreen: I actually think, I still have the whole website saved from before I took it down, and I believe even a backup of the original forums. I *think*, I might? It's worth double checking anyway.

Also, just a side note, for those of you that missed out on the reunion weekends, for...whatever reason -- I'll be hosting a WolfQuest Multiplayer Event (via WolfQuest Facebook Group) if you'd like to join that weekend! The only day I will not be participating in MP games will be on Sunday. But I'd love to see some old pack members there....we could set up teams and take screenshots! It's March 25th-27th, all weekend, with no specific time. If you're interested in coming, but don't do the Facebook thing, I hope to post something on the pack thread those days too, since it's an open event to all WolfQuest players (using either 2.5 or 2.7). You'll just have to verify who has which version and what not.

Hiedidog

Re: Undine Falls Pack: Reconnecting with Old Friends!

Post by Hiedidog » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:49 pm

It will definitely be easier for me to join UF reunion games in the summer. I was so bummed I couldn't make the recent reunion! As you stated before, life gets busy. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, but I don't think I can participate much for the new few months.
♥Kamisha♥