Undine Falls Pack: Reconnecting with Old Friends!

Make or join a pack in Pack Central. Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.

Moderator: Koa

Forum rules
Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.
paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Undine Falls Pack: Anniversary Reunion in the Works!

Post by paperpaws » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:44 am

Rounding you up one by one, hah.

I honestly pretty much live under a rock, so I'm not really aware of any in-browser group chat services that aren't completely sketchy. rabb.it looks neat, but it is not something I have ever used before, and it seems to be limited to 15 people up at a time (although that might not be that much of a problem). I'm sure we will figure something out, in any case.

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:50 am

I really just use the chats on social media or like...the gaming consoles. I don't mind trying something out though, if other people have suggestions. I had to ask my husband how we set up our pack chat because I forgot...LoL.
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Skor
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by Skor » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:13 am

Jetness wrote:So crazy to see you all again this forum brings back some memories
I am up at 5 in the morning posting on the Undine Falls Pack thread, now THAT brings back some memories. I chanced looking at my old posts here and I vaguely remember our quest to get our thread to have the most views.
But dang I was so young then
I still am but I was even younger then it's crazy
Anduril wrote:Rounding you up one by one, hah.
man all you guys have fancy new names
it's k though I know you anyway and I was indeed rounded up
Rikkuzilla wrote:So good to see you guys again. :)

What kind of chat-type thingies do you guys use now? I don't want to get something that will require a lot of people to download and install stuff. And do weekends or weekdays work best? I know we will need to kind of stretch it out maybe more than just ONE day because we have people that were in the pack that were from all over and time zones are always fun to plan stuff around. :P But I have insomnia, so it's all good, *I* can work around that...not sure about other peeps though.
Mhmm, seems like it's been entirely too long.
AAAaaactually the only chat I use is Skype? And that's only for one person and one old group chat.. but provided I can figure it out I'm willing to use whatever you guys have in mind that'd work.
Believe it or not I stopped regularly meeting up in chatrooms with people after UF ;p

EDIT: OH YEAH I FORGOT weekends would probably definitely be better for me.. I dunno what you guys have gotten into in the mean time, but I still got school kicking me up and down 5 days a week. The good news is my sleeping's flexible on weekends so I can manage any time.

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:02 am

I think a lot of the "chat" stuff was definitely more 5 or 6 years ago. Social media and texting is more popular now -- people aren't much into the "group" thing because they can just post stuff more on social media. Of course back in my day, we didn't even have chatrooms...you had to actually CALL people on phones and talk to them! I sent Star my Skype username -- if Skype works best, we can use that, but I'm game for other options too.

Definitely would be a nice pack anniversary thing to do though, just to reunite with old friends. :)

Moonikinz
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Moonikinz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:06 pm

can't have a reunion without ye old pack mascot around, i know i have not talking to most of you guys in a while. i still keep in touch with Rikku and Twilight though lets see if i can drag her into this
Former Founder of Undine Falls Pack/Pack mascot
Former WQ moderator.

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:16 am

Awww, I haven't heard from Twilight in ages! Would love to hear from her again. I was seeing if Mingan was around still --- she's on my XboxLive friend list, but I think she's poofed from there....

I thought Swoof was on Skype....trying to think of other people here. Sometimes I wish I had kept all the applications, because that would have probably made contacting people easier. I was trying to find Aurora, but I couldn't remember her username on here. :/

I found a couple bio pictures too -- but I don't think I have all of them anymore. What about Warna? Anyone heard from her?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:24 am

Rikkuzilla wrote:What about Warna? Anyone heard from her?
Yeah, I passed on your message to a Skype group chat Stæld was in as well, and she.. seemed interested? I think she was busy as she did not have a very substantial response, but she has seen it and I will check with her again.

Taffine and DarkMoon have both seen the message too, and I think Taffine might show up. DarkMoon didn't comment at all, so I think she has moved on.

As for Windy/Sarine- I'm still very regularly in touch with her and shared the invitation, but she is not sure yet.

Apart from that, I can't really think of anyone I could contact. Jade disappeared from my Skype list at some point, and I have always remained curious as to how she has been doing, so if anyone could reach her, that'd be neat. Same with Blackfur, actually- it's been a good couple of months since I've spoken to him as well, and I think he changed pretty much all of his contact information since.

Moonikinz
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Moonikinz » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:45 am

Twilight said she was interested just wants me to keep her posted about the date and time of when this is happening, i have Twilight on skype Rikku i don't think she would mind adding you there, i have her on facebook as well. think i can put her in the group message thing on facebook
Former Founder of Undine Falls Pack/Pack mascot
Former WQ moderator.

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:58 am

@Moon - I don't mind adding her in the Facebook UF Chat group and Skype. Share away, as long as she's cool with it! :)

Soil said he might be interested, BUT he's pretty busy. I messaged Midnight, Paisley, April, Wolf567, and a few others. I'm also not savvy on all the new usernames for people (or people that overtime DID change their usernames, when you had to start a whole new account). What about Kipcha? Tally? Nature?

I don't expect to do this ONE day and ONE day only...but maybe we can do a meet-up session on a weekend and maybe a weekday.

UFSoil
Pup
Pup
Name: Supi, Supicoon

Post by UFSoil » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:49 pm

Oh look, I got my account working again! ^^
Rikkuzilla wrote:[...] What kind of chat-type thingies do you guys use now? [...]
I'm most of the time available on Skype, so while that might require some installing, it'd be in general pretty convenient for staying in touch afterwards for many. The old pack chat used to be in IRC, but that might be some work to both set up and then getting everyone in again.

But anyways, I'm looking forwards to getting to hearing how everyone is doing these days when the get-together happens ^^
Awesome avatar by Arciz!
I used to be PLC of Undine Falls and Rose Creek. Good times!

You can find me around the internet as "Supicoon" these days.

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:18 pm

Glad you got the email thing worked out, Soil! :)

Should we just do Skype then and make a UF conversation? So many of you aren't wee ones anymore, so maybe you'll be allowed to use it now? :)

shadowolf

Post by shadowolf » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Anduril wrote:
Rikkuzilla wrote:What about Warna? Anyone heard from her?
Yeah, I passed on your message to a Skype group chat Stæld was in as well, and she.. seemed interested? I think she was busy as she did not have a very substantial response, but she has seen it and I will check with her again.
Sorry I didn't get back to you guys sooner, filling out college applications takes more work than I thought, whoops! The Skype thing would work out for me, and it seems like the easiest way. Super stoked about this too

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Waaaaarna! *sniffle* My little babies are all grown up now and going to college! <3

I asked Silver if you guy still had the Skype Undine Falls conversation up OR should we just make a new one for reunion chat?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:38 am

Rikkuzilla wrote:I asked Silver if you guy still had the Skype Undine Falls conversation up OR should we just make a new one for reunion chat?
Didn't see this. I'm not sure, either... if it is still up, I must no longer be a part of it. I'm fine with a new group, that way we're also sure only the interested people are added.

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:17 am

Rikkuzilla wrote:Waaaaarna! *sniffle* My little babies are all grown up now and going to college! <3

I asked Silver if you guy still had the Skype Undine Falls conversation up OR should we just make a new one for reunion chat?
Remember to avoid that kind of RPing, Rikku.