You've just downloaded and installed WolfQuest. Upon opening the game, are you greeted by a picture of a wolf family, but there are no buttons -- Single Player, Multiplayer and Quit -- to be seen anywhere on-screen.
Solution 1: Run WolfQuest as an Administrator
If you use a family computer or any other computer where you do not have administrative access, this issue may occur. Running the game as an administrator may bypass the issue but you will require either the administrator's password or an administrator's account on your computer. (Windows) If your account is 'limited', you will be prompted for a password. Ask your computer's administrator to input the password for you.
If the game launches with buttons visible things should be good to go, but you might always need to run the game as an administrator before the buttons will appear. If this is the case, set the game to always request admin permissions to run - right-click WolfQuest, click "Properties", under the "Compatibility" tab check "Run as an administrator" and click OK to confirm. If this did not work, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Run WolfQuest using Compatibility Mode
- 1) Close any open WolfQuest applications.
2) Right-click the WolfQuest short-cut from the desktop or start menu, and click "Properties".
3) From the Properties window, click the "Compatibility" tab.
4) Click the check-box beside "run this program in compatibility mode for" then select Windows ME, 98, XP, or Vista.
5) Apply the changes and launch WolfQuest and click "OK".
Virtual Machines offer a way to emulate different versions of Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. This is a bit more of an advanced solution.
- Download and install a VM- VirtualBox • Virtual PC • VMware
- Install a compatible operating system; a CD or ISO file is needed, links to which will not be provided for legal reasons.
- ⋆ tianacool3 ~ temporary work-around: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 9#p2116449
⋆ LisaTito ~ image
⋆ timon004 ~ inability to play without an admin account; added to topic for future reference http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76357