The Beartooth Males

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Zebbaby
Pup
Pup
Name: Zebbaby, Zeb, or Zeb

The Beartooth Males

Post by Zebbaby » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:18 pm

So, I have noticed that there is one male dispersal group who are particularly aggressive, named the Beartooth. My poor boy, Clive, has run into them probably more times than he'd like to admit. I imagine that they are three brothers who roam the open plain, pillaging other dispersals who could pose potential competition.

However, I do wonder if these males are truly the beasts they seem to be. Have any of your female wolves become mates with one of the Beartooth, and if so, are they always so formidable or are they quite lazy?
"Crazy,is the bravery and willingness to let one's creativeness, liveliness, and bravery bleed through without being afraid to face the consequences..

Insanity, is what happens to those who are too scared, and let the craziness run around inside them like the Tasmanian devil"

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Re: The Beartooth Males

Post by Mwitu » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:35 am

One of my wolves actually went on a hunting trial with one of them. The Beartooth didn't pass the test. He was either lazy or cautious - perhaps a little of both, but pretty much left my wolf to die while he had full health.
I really wanted him to be a good potential mate because, if I recall, he had four star-genetic diversity as well as the Kk genetics (my wolf was in the gray category so the pups would have been healthy).
However, that wolf was fairly useless so I think my wolf chose a different mate, maybe... or possibly chose the other Beartooth. I actually forgot. If it weren't for their diversity, though, neither would have even made it to the hunting trial.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:16 pm

I've been on a hunting trial with one of them as well--particularly the red-coated Beartooth male. He seemed like quite the loner. A bit lazy, too, but quite bold. He was quicker to jump into a wolf-fight than he was to help bring down a kill, which probably explains why he's such a formidable opponent.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:28 pm

I hate those wolves so much! They have chased me off at least five of my kills! I had to move up the canyon because of them! And I cant fight them because even with a mate they still outnumber me! They killed my mates sister! (hoodoo14f) :x Those wolves are beasts! The Lamar valley no longer feels safe anymore!
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:36 pm

My main wolf Rustic has one as a mate (though I also have a backup save before meeting him) I will readily admit that he doesn't do too much during a hunt, but he seems to really like helping with the competition. We both took on three stranger wolves once and killed one of them. I think he liked me a bit more than I liked him as after the trial period it said he was impressed with my hunting skill or something like that.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:09 am

Ah... the Beartooth Fails --I mean males!
These wolves... yikes... when your wolf is female, they're obnoxiously persistent, and, as everyone stated above, virtually useless. They hunt terribly but also fight and squabble to the death, which is a bad idea if you're trying to, you know, LIVE... and they're still persistent and foolish when your wolf is male. They also like to chase away other dispersal groups that are trying to approach me.

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:07 am

It's been awhile since I've come across them. When I was playing as another wolf (usually I play Lumi), I came across the beartooth males. I agree with what everyone else has said above me, they chased another dispersal group and it ended in a quarrel lol. Eventually my wolf went down to the Lamar and instead met 1 dispersal male who she obviously chose :v

The beartooth bois are pretty interesting so I would like to start to document them every time I encounter them.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Shadow-Pups14
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shadow-Pups14 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:15 pm

I haven't ran across the Beartooth males in awhile actually.... But that's probably because I always find them either in the valley near Junction Butte or hanging out of the edge of Lamar Canyon's territory. But yea, they only seem to be interested in fighting. They killed poor ShadowWhisp 3 or 4 times and when they showed up to become mates with LuckyBerry they really just laid there a good distance from each other waiting for me to emote and then not replying at all. So if you ever get a scent of dispersal males from Beartooth then don't go looking for them.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”