What will happen to the forums when WQ3 is released?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

What will happen to the Forums?

They'll be completely dead
No votes
Less active but not by much
9%
About the same
13%
More active
65%
Booming active!
13%

Total votes: 23

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Re: What will happen to the forums when WQ3 is released?

Post by duskypack » Fri May 04, 2018 6:55 pm

alethe wrote:
Okumuras wrote: the remaining audience is largely my age group, so it's easy to connect with them,
i like this too. i'd love to see some more folks around our age group join. its a bit of a stretch wish, i know, but hey.
I’d also love to see a bunch of younger, target-audience users joining! Been missing them recently and it’s nice to see them grow up and invite all their friends and get incredibly passionate about the game the way only kids can (and then learn all that there is to know, and become future biologists). One of my favorite things about this forum is how the younger and older users freely interact and learn from each other.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:21 am

Activity levels may also depend on how much the forums are advertised during the release/the time leading up to the WQ3 release. Now that WQ is on Steam, I imagine some of the player base hangs out primarily in those forums too. So it likely will depend on how much WQ emphasizes these forums over those on Steam.
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

howl-ite
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: tat, howl, howlite

Post by howl-ite » Sat May 05, 2018 2:06 pm

this is just a passing thought, and I can’t seem to see it mentioned or remember if it has, so forgive me if this has been discussed before; but how about a app for the forum? You could download it in a “bundle”, so when someone downloads the actual game app, there’s an option to download the bundle which includes an app for the forum.
This could bring more activity to the forum along with the release with WQ 3. I know that we already have a mobile version of the website, but a forum app would be so much more convenient to use and people would probably be more inclined to come onto the forums.
Maybe it could be something similar to Reddit’s app, like when you refresh the home screen you can see new posts, topics etc.
I don’t know how viable this is, I know next to nothing about technology and app development hahaha.

Also sidenote I posted this here since it’s kinda relevant to the discussion and I’m not even sure if it warrants its own thread.
͙ ͓ ̡ ʼ ̂ ̽ ˟ ʼ ʼ ˟ ̽ ̂ ʼ ̢ ͓ ͙
valar morghulis

yes. all
men must die,
but we are not men ﴿

̂ ̽ ˟ ʼ ʼ ˟ ̽ ̂

av- Lupe
sig- lupe

banned by neam on Wednesday the 9th of May 2k18 <3
Request shop: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=85091

:*´¨`*:.(¯`*

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat May 05, 2018 2:46 pm

This doesn't look to be possible; phpBB doesn't officially have any kind of mobile app nor does it offer anything that people can use to convert or otherwise support their websites in a standalone tablet or mobile app. Tapatalk seems to be another mobile-friendly alternative, but from what experience I've had with them, I really wouldn't recommend using their phpBB modification(s) or extension(s) due to the amount of complaints and problems its integration ends up causing. It isn't validated either, meaning it is one of those "use at your own risk" situations.

I didn't find much information about a phpBB mobile app, only the mobile theme (which we already have installed) or premium forum software which offers native mobile support such as Xenforo, vBulletin, IP Board, etc.

Considering the content of your proposal, I think this would have been better suited to the Forum Suggestions thread. ;)
  • Edit
Also for anyone curious:
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... reen-icon/
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2156025
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2392971
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”