Help us fix the pickup-multiple-pups bug

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Help us fix the pickup-multiple-pups bug

Post by loboLoco » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 am

We're also trying to fix this bug, which on mobile devices lets you pick up multiple pups at once. (I didn't mind that too much, until I heard that griefers were using it to drown all the pups at once.)

I've followed the instructions here:
http://wolfquest.wikia.com/wiki/Cheats#Versions%202.7.X

but can't make it happen. Anyone got any tips for me?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

TimberRaven
Name: Elarion
Location: Betty Botter bought a bit of butter that made his bitter batter better

Re: Help us fix the pickup-multiple-pups bug

Post by TimberRaven » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:59 pm

loboLoco wrote:We're also trying to fix this bug, which on mobile devices lets you pick up multiple pups at once. (I didn't mind that too much, until I heard that griefers were using it to drown all the pups at once.)

I've followed the instructions here:
http://wolfquest.wikia.com/wiki/Cheats#Versions%202.7.X

but can't make it happen. Anyone got any tips for me?
Yes, yes! I've seen it! A person used this bug against the game, picking up all four pups, and went down to the creek to drown them. After I kicked him, we only got to save one. :cry:
I tried picking them up like that myself, (but now hearing it's on mobile, that answered my question of why it won't work because I play on P.C.) and it failed. I don't have any clues... just that, we were playing with four players, at East Creek den, at day.
«— • · . . . ` · . . · ´ ` · . . · ´ . . . · • —»
· •Welcome to my blue cage • ·
· • // . . . . . . · ´ ` · . . · ´ ` · . . . . . . \\ • ·
ᵃᵛᵃᵗᵃʳ ᵇʸ ˡᵘᵖᶤᶰᶻᵖᵃᶜᵏ

perenril
Name: Ril

Post by perenril » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Actually...it is possible to use this glitch on Pc, I have done it many times, it's just a little more difficult to accomplish because of the mouse pointer reset.

When you select to pick up a pup, if you move before the pup has gone to your wolfs mouth, for a split second the option to pick up another pup will become available if you are near one, you have to be quick though. I'm not sure how helpful this was. I'm a little saddened to see people using this glitch to their own advantages on multiplayer games. I like to use the glitch in single player when I want to rush through games just for the EXP, it's sad that the glitch will have to be put down to rest.

Good god- this is getting out of hand. Please stop parking your car on my sandwiches.

TimberRaven
Name: Elarion
Location: Betty Botter bought a bit of butter that made his bitter batter better

Post by TimberRaven » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:54 pm

Kianda wrote:Actually...it is possible to use this glitch on Pc, I have done it many times, it's just a little more difficult to accomplish because of the mouse pointer reset.

When you select to pick up a pup, if you move before the pup has gone to your wolfs mouth, for a split second the option to pick up another pup will become available if you are near one, you have to be quick though. I'm not sure how helpful this was. I'm a little saddened to see people using this glitch to their own advantages on multiplayer games. I like to use the glitch in single player when I want to rush through games just for the EXP, it's sad that the glitch will have to be put down to rest.
OH MY GOSH! Thank you very much! This will be a very good help to people in my multiplayer games. And myself. :D
«— • · . . . ` · . . · ´ ` · . . · ´ . . . · • —»
· •Welcome to my blue cage • ·
· • // . . . . . . · ´ ` · . . · ´ ` · . . . . . . \\ • ·
ᵃᵛᵃᵗᵃʳ ᵇʸ ˡᵘᵖᶤᶰᶻᵖᵃᶜᵏ

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Kianda wrote:Actually...it is possible to use this glitch on Pc, I have done it many times, it's just a little more difficult to accomplish because of the mouse pointer reset.

Thanks much for the repro steps, we've fixed this now. It's in the new patch, which is up on Steam now and should be out on other versions on Monday or Tuesday.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”