Eliminating Pup "Dropping" in Wolfquest 3?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

RedChimera
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Eliminating Pup "Dropping" in Wolfquest 3?

Post by RedChimera » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:41 pm

Hey WolfQuest community! I've been an active player of this game since its first release and I continue to be a patron of it to this day. One thing I've noticed, however, is that in the new version (2.7), when playing the Slough Creek episode, when I am trying to carry my pups to the rendezvous site (or back to the den in general), the game plays a whining sound effect and forces me to drop the pup I'm carrying. It has caused me to drop my pups mid-crossing the river and drown them, which is quite frustrating. It also prevents me from traveling long-distance with them to make my journey to the rendezvous slightly faster. Does anyone else find this inconvenient or irritating? And do you think there's a possibility that this will be changed/updated in WolfQuest 3? Thanks!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Eliminating Pup "Dropping" in Wolfquest 3?

Post by Neamara » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:33 am

This was an intentional change introduced in 2.7 and one that I hope won't be be removed or changed too drastically. While it is frustrating until you get into a sort of routine, it helps balance the length of the mission and lets you focus on your strategy and priorities. Being able to pick up a pup and take it effortlessly from point A to point B, as was possible in 2.5.1 all the way down to 2.0.X, made the mission way too easy. The depletion of stamina helps slow the mission down just enough to also make it that little bit harder. I honestly prefer having this system in-game ─ in my own experience, I've found that this helps to distract from favouring only one or two puppies, plus it helps you stay with your litter in case of predators targeting ones that are furthest ahead or behind.

If it is changed, maybe it should tuned based on difficulty settings. For example, the slowest drain while carrying a pup occurs on Easy, while its fastest drain while carrying a pup occurs on Bring It On!.
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

RedChimera
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by RedChimera » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:59 am

I guess I understand what you’re saying now. The mission was really easy in 2.5 because you could carry them anywhere for however long. And I also understand that having the player drop the pup due to low stamina may help balance out who gets to carry pups in the multiplayer mode instead of having one player hog the pup...and yes I definitely think it should be based on difficulty because it seems like it’s the same in all four difficulties.

TimberRaven
Name: Elarion
Location: Betty Botter bought a bit of butter that made his bitter batter better

Post by TimberRaven » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:55 pm

I found a loophole. Walking wobbly (constantly turning left and right quickly while going forward) works, well, for me. What happens is the pup whines, you keep going, and soon the pup will appear on the ground. You pick it back up as if nothing happened, and do that over and over again.
«— • · . . . ` · . . · ´ ` · . . · ´ . . . · • —»
· •Welcome to my blue cage • ·
· • // . . . . . . · ´ ` · . . · ´ ` · . . . . . . \\ • ·
ᵃᵛᵃᵗᵃʳ ᵇʸ ˡᵘᵖᶤᶰᶻᵖᵃᶜᵏ

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”