What has Wolfquest taught you?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Has Wolfquest taught you anything new?

Yes, far more than I can say.
50%
Yes, but only a little.
50%
No, not at all.
No votes
No, but I believe it has the potential to be educational.
No votes

Total votes: 6

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

What has Wolfquest taught you?

Post by duskypack » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:18 pm

(slightly similar to ‘Why is Wolfquest special to you’ a few pages back, but more elaborating on the educational aspects of Wolfquest)

Besides knowing more about wolves than the average person (that hasn’t played Wolfquest or been on the forums, that is) I’ve learned far more about ecosystems than even a science class would teach me. I’ve learned a whole lot about Yellowstone, the creatures there (from elk to the various kinds of plants) and the uniqueness of it and by extension been familiarized with the wolf reintroduction debates going on today. It’s more than likely I’ll be volunteering at a wolf center and my more educated interest in biology and the natural world will be equally likely to affect my career choices. I’ve also been very much familiarized with other canids, including some that are obscure and/or severely at risk where education about them is very important.

And, unrelated to the wolf parts of the game, I believe that the User Writings and roleplay parts of Wolfquest have definitely enhanced my love for storytelling. I was introduced to NaNoWriMo for one thing, which has seriously affected me.

What has Wolfquest and/or the community around the game taught you? How has it educated you?
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

UtahHusky
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Utah

Re: What has Wolfquest taught you?

Post by UtahHusky » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:55 pm

When I was a younger, I believed I knew so much about wolves. I'd pick a wolf for every animal project in school. But now that I'm older, I found WolfQuest and it is amazing :D . I learned that there are an alpha pair, not just one alpha. I also learned about the difficulties in the life of a wolf, ones that could kill or injure you or others. I love WQ, and its my favorite game of all time :wolf:
Wolves are the wind, and I am the Willow tree.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”