Got questions? Post here for next blog post!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Got questions? Post here for next blog post!

Post by loboLoco » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:40 am

We know that people have a lot of questions about WQ 3 and Tower Fall, and we try to answer a lot of them here, on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Steam -- but in this week's blog post week, I want to address the most common and interesting questions more properly. So if you've got a burning question, post it here (though I may not be able to answer every question, for a variety of reasons, some being "I don't know yet!" Then I'll add them to the FAQs page, so it'll be easily referenced in the future.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Re: Got questions? Post here for next blog post!

Post by Wolvencall » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:55 am

How will finding a mate change? (How will predator fighting dynamic change?)
Go your own way

CapriciousCeilican
Pup
Pup

Post by CapriciousCeilican » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Will PvP become available to all maps in multiplayer in the future, or just Tower Fall?

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:36 pm

How will the PvP combat system work? :owl:

Also, will pups metabolism be adjusted if hunting will take longer in WQ 3?
Avatar (c) LupinzPack. Thank you. :)

Weylenn
Pup
Pup

Post by Weylenn » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:31 am

Will there be a 60 FPS cap? I hope not. I'd like to see buttery smooth gameplay on a 120hz monitor.
What type of Anti Aliasing are you guys using?
Are there going to be options other than fxaa? SSAO/MSAA are nice.
What about texture filtering? (Very cheap for performance but good results)
Resolution scaling? In overwatch you can set it to 50% of your native resolution, or 200% (effectively 4k on a 1080p screen)
What are some new lighting systems you're implementing?
What do the new rigs (control groups included) look like for the wolves? Are there IK rigs? Footsteps based on contact rather than "animation = sound" ?
I'd also love a freecam mode of sorts or a freeze-mode that lets me take in-action screenshots without having to mash it and not capture the moment (kind of like what skyrim does!)
Are you guys gonna remake the youngest pup model?
I'm personally super interested in the weird techie details that some people here might not get, as an aspiring game dev.
Would you guys ever consider livestreaming?

Thank you for your time.

Wolfwind

Post by Wolfwind » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Seconding Weylenn on the tech stuff! I'd especially be interested in seeing the rigging. I'm also still curious about what elevation data is being used for the game terrain. And what will the new camera be like? (A freeze/free cam would be so cool, I'll have to make another post in the suggestions for new episodes topic.) Also wondering how interactions with AI wolves will play out (whether strangers or your own pack) with more body language moves available to us. Will stranger interactions be more fluid, and wil your pack be more responsive/communicative, more like real wolves?

Edit: just saw that the blog post has already gone up, aw. Oops :'D

My art: canis-ferox.deviantart.com

"I like being weird. Weird's all I've got. That and my sweet style."

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Thanks for the questions! We've answered some in today's blog post http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=83309 but we'll answer more next week too.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:22 pm

What will the new system for interacting with stranger wolves look like for both mates and rivals?

Will the difficulty of hunting elk, moose and deer be adjusted depending on the difficulty levels players choose?

Are there plans to add to wolf customization aside from eye colour, for example having multiple scars/mange patterns/torn ears, or perhaps even more new coats?

I'm extremely excited for the new anniversary update and the new episode. The work you have all done so far is outstanding and I can't wait to see the final product!
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:56 am

Will PvP encompass territory expansion? Like claiming parts of your enemies territory? Because, that would be so fun :D
Avatar (c) LupinzPack. Thank you. :)

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:09 pm

What will the new den system be like? Will there be a wider variety of more realistic dens? Will the game ever come to consoles such as xbox or ps4?
Go your own way

WolfDragonPlasma
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfDragonPlasma » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:06 pm

With the expanded map for Amethyst Mountain, will The Burn be kept as is, or will it be replaced with a more lush forest since it has mostly healed over in real life? And if it is going to be replaced, what will happen to The Scorched Land Achievement?

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:32 pm

WolfDragonPlasma wrote:With the expanded map for Amethyst Mountain, will The Burn be kept as is, or will it be replaced with a more lush forest since it has mostly healed over in real life? And if it is going to be replaced, what will happen to The Scorched Land Achievement?
The map will be expanded and updated with the help of satellite imagery. Since time has passed since that specific fire, the vegetation has returned, which means The Burn will be lush like it is in Yellowstone now.

Dave explains this in further detail in the topic Mapmaking under the forum WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog.
And the tempest is raging,

it's caving-in the sky

And the tempest is raging,

couldn't tame it if she tried

---Cora Rose - The Tempest
Avie © howl-ite

WolfDragonPlasma
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfDragonPlasma » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Isela wrote:
WolfDragonPlasma wrote:With the expanded map for Amethyst Mountain, will The Burn be kept as is, or will it be replaced with a more lush forest since it has mostly healed over in real life? And if it is going to be replaced, what will happen to The Scorched Land Achievement?
The map will be expanded and updated with the help of satellite imagery. Since time has passed since that specific fire, the vegetation has returned, which means The Burn will be lush like it is in Yellowstone now.

Dave explains this in further detail in the topic Mapmaking under the forum WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog.
Yeah, I remember reading through that, which was what made me think of the question. With the revitalized Burn, what will happen to the achievement that is tied with finding it? Will it be removed, or just changed to reflect the new map?

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:55 pm

Will the other animals be reworked to match the other new animals/ how will the predator system work? Will it change? or will they be less often to keep the space of time to care for pups longer?
Go your own way

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”