Literate roleplayers?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

CindersOfTheFire
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Literate roleplayers?

Post by CindersOfTheFire » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:05 pm

What happened to all the literate roleplayers in WQ? Where'd they all go?
Last edited by paperpaws on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed title to be less vague

Pup
Pup

Re: Literate roleplayers?

Post by 8900 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:25 pm

I think they still exist, in a sense, but it depends on your definition of literate.

Also keep in mind that WolfQuest's age range is in the lower to mid teens, so any given roleplayer is not guaranteed a ton of experience and wide vocabulary :D

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:08 pm

CindersOfTheFire wrote:What happened to all the literate roleplayers in WQ? Where'd they all go?
I certainly hope everyone on WQ can read and write.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

Writers Block
Name: Mika, Lynx

Post by Writers Block » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:07 pm

I'm assuming you're referring to the very descriptive form of RP that uses big words? Eg; "He gazed down upon the miniature vixen with his cerulean orbs, a huff of hot air pouring from his maw"? (I used to use that form of RP, but for the life of me I can't remember what I actually called it at the time. I haven't RPed like that in at least 5 years so it's been a while) I think they generally just moved out of fashion. They're still around (I see a lot of literate RPers on tumblr for sure) but typically speaking it's more "in" to use less descriptive and easier-to-stomach sentences? I don't really use MP anymore but I'm sure character limits and such make it harder to use literate RPs than other places might. Personally speaking I stopped using literate because I have trouble processing long blocks of texts, so maybe that also has something to do with how it generally fell out of fashion?
we are not history yet.
we are happening now.
how miraculous is that?
avvie©mute
quote©wtnv

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:05 am

There are still literate rpers out there. I have a bunch of friends on WQ I usually go around with to do literates with but they haven't been very active recently, to answer your question, I honestly have no idea where they have gone

But like the recent few answers on here it really depends on what you would consider to be "literate"..

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:02 pm

what is considered literate, like everyone else asked?

I would consider myself advanced (5+ paragraphs) but I no longer rp in the wq game or with any wq pack. It got too stressful for me to rp in a group; I would rather rp with a partner and work at my own pace rather than bog the group down or get left behind. My posts take a while to write.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe

OmegaWolf519
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by OmegaWolf519 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:22 pm

• I know of a sit that does strictly literate role playing (I'll refrain from posting a link in case of advertising issues).

But I would also like to role play on here, if at all possible.

I assume by literate, you mean people who don't role play like this:

Sammy: *bites down on the deer's leg* I won't let go!

They actually write like they are telling a story. If there is such a role play on here, please direct me to it. ^^
~ Omega Ω

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:16 am

• I've always been quite the literate roleplayer, they still exist, but I think most of the people who roleplay are kids nowadays, I rarely ever see many people doing it. Especially if it's in game, I rarely find a literate roleplay going on.I suppose literate roleplayers are just a rare breed at this point.
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

Pup
Pup

Post by 8900 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:29 pm

Shiranuiii wrote:
  • I've always been quite the literate roleplayer, they still exist, but I think most of the people who roleplay are kids nowadays, I rarely ever see many people doing it. Especially if it's in game, I rarely find a literate roleplay going on.I suppose literate roleplayers are just a rare breed at this point.
Sad but possibly true. Some roleplay sites I used to go to just don't have the active membership they used to.

alethe

Post by alethe » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:58 am

Honestly? Inclined to disagree with the above. Y'all are just on the wrong sites for rp. Tumblr has a massive, VERY literate rp community. That's where I frequent. Most of the people roleplaying there are adults, in their 20s-30s. The writing is good, and honestly I get more enjoyment from writing with them than anything I have ever written here. I've seen some other sites with similar things.

WQ, for me, has never been what I'd call "literate" roleplay in game. I've been in a few packs that would qualify, but overall WQ does not offer what I like roleplay wise anymore.

ARE YOU A JEDI ?

Pup
Pup

Post by 8900 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:34 pm

falconxr wrote:Honestly? Inclined to disagree with the above. Y'all are just on the wrong sites for rp. Tumblr has a massive, VERY literate rp community. That's where I frequent. Most of the people roleplaying there are adults, in their 20s-30s. The writing is good, and honestly I get more enjoyment from writing with them than anything I have ever written here. I've seen some other sites with similar things.

WQ, for me, has never been what I'd call "literate" roleplay in game. I've been in a few packs that would qualify, but overall WQ does not offer what I like roleplay wise anymore.
All good points; WolfQuest really is just not meant for that age range XP

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:03 am

• Hm you do have a point. I used to roleplay on warrior cats rpg which ig now is feral front?? Anyways, people on that could be literate and pretty good at it, most weren't, it's hard to find a decent roleplay site that's worth the effort. Then it's finding a roleplay to fit in with etc.
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

Pup
Pup

Post by 8900 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Precisely. I used to roleplay on WCRPG too; it is FeralFront now. Been a long time since I checked on that site.

Writers Block
Name: Mika, Lynx

Post by Writers Block » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:04 pm

falconxr wrote:Honestly? Inclined to disagree with the above. Y'all are just on the wrong sites for rp. Tumblr has a massive, VERY literate rp community. That's where I frequent. Most of the people roleplaying there are adults, in their 20s-30s. The writing is good, and honestly I get more enjoyment from writing with them than anything I have ever written here. I've seen some other sites with similar things.

Genuine question out of curiosity here, but where do you find literate RPers on tumblr? I don't doubt they exist but in my (very casual) perusing of RP-related tags on tumblr I've never seen anything approaching what I'd consider literate. Most of the stuff I see in those tags are just one or two sentence starters, sometimes with a reaction image; nothing too fancy.

I've got an RP blog on tumblr myself but I've never really interacted with anyone like literate RPers? I mean, like I said before it's hard for me to process large blocks of text so it's not like I'm seeking those kinds of RPers out, but I will admit I'm surprised that I've had an RP blog for about 4 years now and I've never really stumbled onto any by chance.
we are not history yet.
we are happening now.
how miraculous is that?
avvie©mute
quote©wtnv

alethe

Post by alethe » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:56 pm

Writers Block wrote:

Genuine question out of curiosity here, but where do you find literate RPers on tumblr? I don't doubt they exist but in my (very casual) perusing of RP-related tags on tumblr I've never seen anything approaching what I'd consider literate. Most of the stuff I see in those tags are just one or two sentence starters, sometimes with a reaction image; nothing too fancy.

I've got an RP blog on tumblr myself but I've never really interacted with anyone like literate RPers? I mean, like I said before it's hard for me to process large blocks of text so it's not like I'm seeking those kinds of RPers out, but I will admit I'm surprised that I've had an RP blog for about 4 years now and I've never really stumbled onto any by chance.
um, everywhere? It depends on what fandom you are searching in, too. But I find them in a lot of places, and maybe that's because I tend to follow people the other rpers follow as well. So its a bit of a tightly knit group, in a way.

You have to get out of the tags, though. Usually, from what I've seen, people don't put a lot of threads in the tags; they only advertise their blog there.

I really have no idea how to give you advice on finding them, because I found quite a few very easily early on.

ARE YOU A JEDI ?

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”