How many wolves do you use?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

How many wolves do you use?

18%
13%
3-5
23%
More than 5
46%

Total votes: 39

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Re: How many wolves do you use?

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:30 pm

I currently use 3. I only use 2 of them for single player, but all 3 are active in multiplayer. I switch between them in multiplayer depending upon the type of game I'm joining, keeping their sets of stats in mind as well.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:00 am

I used to have this weird system where I would start off with one wolf and gradually work my way up the rank until I reached "Pack Elder" then I would stop using that wolf and go and make a new wolf. After about three months of doing this I ended up with 7 Pack Elders and 7 wolves in total, but by then the "system" was beginning to feel a little repetitive and I felt as though I wasn't achieving anything anymore so I changed my ways, deleted all my wolves and started from scratch with a new batch of about 9 that I switch between
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:45 am

I used to only use one wolf because it's the wolf I'm known by, but lately I have been using about 3 or 4. Though I tend to always get that one wolf I'm attached to and always use which takes me back to the system of never using my others.
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:13 pm

I only use 2 wolves. Ava, my first wolf is for SP, and Coal is for MP. I try to play around with customization and make more wolves, especially for RP purposes, but I haven't been into RPing in WQ lately and also I tend to end up sticking to Coal for MP anyway, so I just use 2.

WolfDragonPlasma
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfDragonPlasma » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:21 pm

I only have one wolf that I use for multiplayer, and that one is supposed to be a representation of myself.

All the other wolves I have are for Single Player purposes. Sometimes I will take some of these single-player wolves into Multi, but that's only if I need a faster way to gain experience to unlock the secret den and white puppy.

SkollWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Skoll

Post by SkollWolf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 pm

I have one main wolf, Genesis, who I use for EXP farming. I also use her to gain achievements, try out different stuff in SP and in MP. Currently she has around 23,424 EXP and is a Skilled Hunter. I've also recently created a main-ish wolf named Skoll who I am also using for EXP purposes. Apart from that, I have a different set of wolves that I play generationally, and I'm currently in the 3rd generation. I don't have any RP characters on WQ because I personally don't enjoy how RPing is done in the game.
"The soul that
sees beauty
m
ay sometimes
w
alk alone."

Playing WolfQuest since 2008.

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 pm

Right now all I have is my main wolf, Razza. She's my favorite wolf I've ever made both appearance and statistics-wise, and I've had her for a loooong time so there's some sentimentality there too. I used to have a lot more, and would make one for every original character I have, but they were just collecting dust so I sacked them. I've probably never had more than ten at a time.
--
► ϟϟ[ϟ]ϟϟ ◀︎
I've lost my way within this town
ϟ
බƖƦƀƠƝƎ꒚
ϟ
The tranquil ᎶᏞᎾᎳ of the song I know, it guides me
▴ ϟϟϟϟ⎶[ϟ]⎶ϟϟϟϟ ▴
--
ѕιggιє@NoyaTusk
αννιє@LupinzPack

2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Post by 2wolf22 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:08 pm

I use wolves I randomly create and play as the pups. :D Sometimes I create a wolf in Lost River and say the mate is the sibling and name it.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:24 pm

I have multiple generations, but I tend to favor three wolves: Shasta (my highest level one), Caligo (simply because she was my first on 2.7) and Dawn (since the former two are black, and I appreciate variety. I often use Dawn on non-co-op games, or among friends when I desire to be recognized).
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

ArgentsArrows
Pup
Pup
Name: Birdie/Goose

Post by ArgentsArrows » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:12 pm

The only wolf I have at the moment is Viralira ( formerly Karina, then Calypatric, I'm likely going to change it again soon ). I don't make different wolves until my current wolf has reached Pack Elder, because my focus with wolves is making sure friends recognize my character in MP and racking up those experience points. Even after reaching Pack Elder, it's very unlikely that I'll use any wolf other than just one. Less wolves = easier to manage.
the curves of your lips rewrite history

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:06 pm

I always play with one wolf, which is ranked "Wolf Expert". Why? I get bored with the same wolf over and over. I modify the wolf each time I play! Originally it was Penelope, then Sheelah, then Caroline, Scarlet, then Winter. Each wolf looks different and stuff. :mrgreen:

ArgentsArrows
Pup
Pup
Name: Birdie/Goose

Post by ArgentsArrows » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:09 pm

TimberRaven wrote:I always play with one wolf, which is ranked "Wolf Expert". Why? I get bored with the same wolf over and over. I modify the wolf each time I play! Originally it was Penelope, then Sheelah, then Caroline, Scarlet, then Winter. Each wolf looks different and stuff. :mrgreen:
I do that exact same thing! I don't change it every time I play, but I do it every week / every other week or whenever I get bored of the pelt and name.
the curves of your lips rewrite history

Brinnadaze
Pup
Pup
Name: Brianna

Post by Brinnadaze » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:35 pm

Have 32 wolves xD
I love playing around with the ability percentages and trying out the different coats as well as the variations of the same coat (darkness and saturation).... I probably have so many wolves because character inspiration will pop up out of nowhere and I just HAVE to make them.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:01 pm

ArgentsArrows wrote:
TimberRaven wrote:I always play with one wolf, which is ranked "Wolf Expert". Why? I get bored with the same wolf over and over. I modify the wolf each time I play! Originally it was Penelope, then Sheelah, then Caroline, Scarlet, then Winter. Each wolf looks different and stuff. :mrgreen:
I do that exact same thing! I don't change it every time I play, but I do it every week / every other week or whenever I get bored of the pelt and name.
Because I hate starting over from scratch with a new mate because you can't name pups and stuff. My wolf is now Dianna.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”