Do you still play 2.5?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Chezaa
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Do you still play 2.5?

Post by Chezaa » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Anyone still playing 2.5??
Last edited by paperpaws on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed topic title to a more relevant one.

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Re: Do you still play 2.5?

Post by psy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Since purchasing 2.7 I haven't played 2.5 at all, but I may return to it and compare it to the new game.

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

Harmonie 780
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Harm

Post by Harmonie 780 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:59 am

Only once since getting 2.7 to see how far it has come. It feels so much clunkier compared to 2.7. I have to say, were pretty spoiled to have this new version for just $10 :)

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:58 am

Harmonie 780 wrote:Only once since getting 2.7 to see how far it has come. It feels so much clunkier compared to 2.7. I have to say, were pretty spoiled to have this new version for just $10 :)
I, too had 2.5 for only a little while after getting the new game. The improvements are phenomenal... I found that multiplayer didn't work as well anymore. Either that, or everyone had stopped playing. Hmm.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:24 am

Yes and no; if I do load up the old game, it's only for Wiki purposes or checking multiplayer whenever the current multiplayer problems thread gets bumped. Either way, it's only running anywhere between 5-20 minutes.

Beyond that, no, I don't really play it anymore. The last time I actually played 2.5 must have been in 2012.

Phasoli wrote:I, too had 2.5 for only a little while after getting the new game. The improvements are phenomenal... I found that multiplayer didn't work as well anymore. Either that, or everyone had stopped playing. Hmm.
I loaded it up last night to check something and saw only one server in the public lobby with four of its five slots filled. Most other times I've checked in on it the lobby has been empty. :lol:
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:57 am

I barely play 2.7 so I have zero incentive to revisit 2.5. The last time I playe 2.5 was on my old desktop in 2015 to compare it to how 2.7 ran (it didn't).

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Nope....since purchasing 2.7 I have not looked back at the old, glitchy 2.5

I don't even have the older version installed on my computer anymore. 2.7 is FAR better in every way and well worth the $10 spent on it.

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Even though 2.5 is the version I started with.. ever since I got the full 2.7 game, no, I don't play it anymore. It was on my old computer, but I'm not installing it on this computer. I might install it to compare in a video or something like that, but other than that.. I'll probably never play it again.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't touched 2.5 since the new version was released, and I can see why. It was ridden with glitches and can't compare to 2.7, 2.5 was a great game when it was the only one, but with 2.7 by its side it can't compare.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

wolfadore
Pup
Pup

Post by wolfadore » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:29 am

I don't normally, but sometimes when I just want to play something easy, I will.

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:48 am

I actually redownloaded it recently for a comparitive playthrough (not finished, I'm waiting to get home from a beach trip.)! I'm currently at the riverbank. I'll summarize my ~experience~ in the spoiler.
Spoiler
Show
The first thing I noticed was how limited the customization is. I hadn't touched it since 2014, I think? I ran around in Amethyst Mountain for a bit and saw a bear, was about to challenge it, then remembered you couldn't chase them away in 2.5. (I think I remember doing it once on a file, and my mate died a lot to do it. But again, 2014. The memories are hazy.) Then, out of habit I went to go hunt elk, and realized they drained your health when you bite them (my friend jokingly suggested they had corrosive blood). I thanked the wolfy gods for the ridiculous amount of carcasses. After taking down the elk, another carcass spawned next to hers. Yup. Ridiculous.
I lamented how I had to sit down every five seconds because of my stamina (I did the full speed and strength glitch). I then did the EXP glitch (failed twice before getting it to work) and settled at about 88,000 EXP. I was about to tell my friend about pelt genetics in WolfQuest, then remembered the awful glitch that makes all your pups the same color. I then said "i anted to compare. oh look insect pun". This isn't relevant but it was funny. I then ate a hare carcass the tiniest bit and it was just GONE (I'm so used to 2.7). I then headed to the Druid pack territory. The first wolf I met there spawned outside the map and was running outside the map. NICE. I frantically attempted to screenshot this wonderful creature but nothing worked. I then found a functional Druid and it actually gave in? WOW.I decided to climb some cliffs with Myga the spiderwolf, and head to the last wolf territory. I pondered the clean and untouched carcasses everywhere, and said they were ominous, and my friend guessed it was a product of the BCE facility. I tried flirting with a dispersal female but it didn't work (very sad).

I eventually found the dispersal that looked like Myga's 2.7 mate, and told my friend that it was "puppy time". We discussed going to East Creek or Bison Peak and settled on East Creek for the ~glitchy experience~. I got stuck in the creek for y e a r s. The Druids showed up on my newly claimed territory. I then lamented that Spinneret won't fit as a name. A bear showed up (I hadn't even finished training pups) and it killed me twice. I noticed that my mate was pacing around my dead body. Aww. I then noticed another Druid on my territory (they're bordering on becoming an inside joke at this point). I attempted to interact with her, but she just paced in place and wouldn't say anything, and I couldn't run away. So I abandoned den, reloaded my save and decided on Bison Peak.
I then got stuck in the creek for y e a r s again. It started snowing, and everything was blue. NICE. My pups were born pretrained (but to predators this means "precooked"). The Druids showed up again and my friend compared them to Team Skull from Pokemon. I was shocked at the bears' pure speed, and I chased it away but was left on the brink of death. I could barely move, and the nearest carcass was quite the ways away. So I decided to walk towards it. This took way too long, but I got food! It was ridiculously difficult to get in the right position to feed them, so I switched to the lowest quality setting and laughed for way too long. But then I had to go to bed.

As soon as I pulled it up again the next day, another bear showed up. I chased it away, left on the brink of death. I could move even less than last time, so I decided to starve a little. It took way longer than it should have considering I was on 0.4 health... I got paranoid, as I saw a coyote and I couldn't walk at an acceptable speed. After I died I immediately was greeted with the message that said I passed the mission. I noticed one of my pups was running in place. I was hearing the music that plays when you are near a stranger. She's becoming a Druid, y'all. My friend and I made a conspiracy theory that Myga cheated on Aran with the glitched Druid.
Then eventually it was time to leave the den! I chased away a couple eagles, glitched myself, Aran and one of their pups to the creekside, and the other three are still on the other side of the hunting grounds. And that's where I had to stop.
So yeah, when I get back from the beach I'll have to finish the playthrough.

EDIT: Guess who's back from the beach?

Spoiler
Show
3 pups were left across the hunting grounds, with only Vespera at the riverbank. Aran went to get them,
and he did. Then an eagle showed up in the middle of him retrieving the pups, and also a coyote. W o n d e r flower l. I killed the coyote, started chasing/following the eagle as it swooped downward to grab a pup, somehow managing to kill the coyote, chase away the eagle and get all four pups to the riverbank within 40 seconds. My friend applauded me, saying that I was the best mom.

The eagle showed up like four times within a minute, which was very stressful. Then I found the crossing, and took Athena across.
Aran attempted to take Vespera across, but dropped her in the creek. I was luckily able to save her. Then he grabbed Thaddeus,
and dropped HIM in the river. And he drowned! >::::( I had to reload the save because I didn't want dead puppies and it was all Aran's fault. It started raining, and lightning almost hit Stellata. Then we headed for the second crossing, and this time Aran got everyone across! An eagle showed up for Thaddeus (poor pup, he can't catch a break! I swear!!!!!!!!!) and I saved and quit and opened up the game again because I was not having this. We all got to the summer hunting grounds but the cutscene would not activate.
Eventually it did (it was really finicky) and Aran was stuck in the running animation in one spot.

We concluded that Myga was not cheating on Aran with the Druid, but that Aran WAS the Druid all along.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Rifka
Pup
Pup

Post by Rifka » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:05 pm

After seeing this thread, I went and downloaded 2.5. It was nostalgic for the first 30 seconds and then I went "welp, I can't take this anymore" and now I started a new 2.7 game. :lol:
Beautiful avatar was drawn by Okami Shiranui/WolFanny!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:21 am

Still have it for nostalgia but this thread reminded me to check it out (haven't since I got 2.7). It has that old/nostalgic feel and brings back memories but holy wow the difference and improvement is amazing, and it really shows when you play them and compare them. The difference is crazy!

Edit: I'm really tempted now to do some playthroughs of both but at this time of late night/early 'morning'? No way.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”