What is your favorite feature of WolfQuest 2.7?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

What has been your favorite addition/improvement to WolfQuest in 2016?

Emotes
20%
Return of text chat in public games
13%
In-game reporting system
4%
Official release of WolfQuest on Steam
20%
Foxes and cougars
13%
Better ravens and new birds and insects
2%
Improved vegetation and ambiance
15%
Official release of WolfQuest on mobile devices
7%
Moose
7%

Total votes: 55

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

What is your favorite feature of WolfQuest 2.7?

Post by Koa » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:42 pm

With a new year fast approaching (and already around, for some), it's a great idea to reflect on WolfQuest's growth. 2016 has been a wonderful year for WolfQuest, with many additions and updates improving on the original release of 2.7 back in 2015. What has been your favorite addition so far, and why?

My favorite has to the the addition of foxes and cougars in 2.7.2. They were the first new models the game had in a very long time, and it was great to see WolfQuest include more species. Cougars, in particularly, were very fun to provoke, and it was nice to have a feline animal finally represented in the game.
Last edited by Koa on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changing thread title

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Re: Looking back on 2016 for WolfQuest

Post by psy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:48 pm

Is "everything" an option?

Seriously. Late 2015 and the year of 2016 has been a beautiful year for WolfQuest. The things we've been desiring for years have been introduced. We got new creatures to kill and kill us, better graphics, more sound effects and support for Steam and mobile devices. It's been a fine year, I must say. I wish the entire WQ team good luck in developing further updates and perhaps even a new episode when the time comes.

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:36 pm

Same DerpBacon. Same.

I really enjoyed the new animals that were added into the game. And also the finer details. Every update seems to bring more and more life into the game. My favorite thing though has to be watching this game grow. WolfQuest holds a special place in my heart and I'm glad to be apart of this journey of growth.
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:49 pm

Emotes really did it for me. They provided such a flavourful set of interactions for non-verbal communication! I personally find it wonderful! Simply stunning!
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:43 am

Phasoli wrote:Emotes really did it for me. They provided such a flavourful set of interactions for non-verbal communication! I personally find it wonderful! Simply stunning!
I'm actually surprised so many people have enjoyed the emotes to the degree that they have-- the "emotes" option is currently leading the poll as a favorite. The emotes are a wonderful addition, but I find all the new animal models more of an accomplishment. Perhaps I undervalue the social dynamic that emotes add to multiplayer. ;)

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Koa wrote:
Phasoli wrote:Emotes really did it for me. They provided such a flavourful set of interactions for non-verbal communication! I personally find it wonderful! Simply stunning!
I'm actually surprised so many people have enjoyed the emotes to the degree that they have-- the "emotes" option is currently leading the poll as a favorite. The emotes are a wonderful addition, but I find all the new animal models more of an accomplishment. Perhaps I undervalue the social dynamic that emotes add to multiplayer. ;)
I personally loved this feature because it demonstrated an "unspoken language" in Phrase-Chat Public games. It reminds me of the mind-linking expressed in the Twilight and Wolves of Mercy Falls series in a way, but leaning more toward the understood picture demonstrations. My second pick would be the introduction of Foxes and Cougars along with Moose. These were fantastic additions!
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:54 am

I probably appreciate the fact that WolfQuest is on Steam now and has Steam achievements more than I should.

I think Lost River has been my favourite addition to the actual game, though. I feel like it's a nice break of what the game was up until then, and it's a neat map to explore. Overall, it's really nice to see how the game has been developing, and it genuinely makes me excited for future additions despite the fact that I thought I had grown out of the game by now.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:44 am

Everything~ but that isn't an option so I'd have to say these are my top five-
  1. Emotes (voted for this option)
  2. In-game reporting system
  3. Official release on Steam
  4. Diversity of prey and predators
  5. Improved vegetation, birds and insects

Lost River is definitely an honourable mention! :D It was really nice to explore a new location, which really shows how far the developers have come since the last maps were added back in 2010. I will confess that it was a nice surprise to see 3D raven models finally replace the 2D sprites; still a shame we didn't meet the sales criteria to get those back in 2011, though it's better late than never. ^^

I wasn't *too* keen about text chat being reintroduced but I do understand that it's important to listen to the majority of your audience, and it's not like it affects me anyway since I do not frequent multiplayer anymore. For those that do, I really hope players will behave themselves so that it doesn't end up being removed again. :/ May the Report Team rest in peace.

I am genuinely impressed by the amount of progress that has been made over the year. Really looking forward to seeing what 2017 will offer. ^^
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:39 am

Nobody voted for Text Chat in Public Games? After all that fuss? :shock:
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:48 am

What a great year 2016 was for WolfQuest! Eduweb has made a lot of games in its twenty years, but WQ is the one that makes us the most proud. My personal favorite additions are the animals. I have loved animals since I was a little kid (I once thought I would end up a marine biologist, studying sea otters) so bringing the fabulous beast of Yellowstone to life in WolfQuest is the best!

Not on the list, but one favorite that makes it all possible, is the amazing WolfQuest community. The dedicated moderators, players, beta testers – all of you – are what makes this game shine. Without you, WolfQuest would just be an interesting game about wolf ecology. But WolfQuest's enduring, compassionate, and fierce community is what makes this game really come to life. Thank you all for all your support and encouragement. We are so excited for 2017!
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:23 am

Pepper wrote:Not on the list, but one favorite that makes it all possible, is the amazing WolfQuest community. The dedicated moderators, players, beta testers – all of you – are what makes this game shine. Without you, WolfQuest would just be an interesting game about wolf ecology. But WolfQuest's enduring, compassionate, and fierce community is what makes this game really come to life. Thank you all for all your support and encouragement. We are so excited for 2017!
Don't forget to add yourself to that list - you've been a wonderful addition to the forums, and thank you so much for your contributions and positivity :)

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:37 am

Anduril wrote:
Pepper wrote:Not on the list, but one favorite that makes it all possible, is the amazing WolfQuest community. The dedicated moderators, players, beta testers – all of you – are what makes this game shine. Without you, WolfQuest would just be an interesting game about wolf ecology. But WolfQuest's enduring, compassionate, and fierce community is what makes this game really come to life. Thank you all for all your support and encouragement. We are so excited for 2017!
Don't forget to add yourself to that list - you've been a wonderful addition to the forums, and thank you so much for your contributions and positivity :)
Aw! Thanks! It has been a pleasure. 2016 was a big change for me, I retired from my school administrator job in June (anyone on the receiving end of one of my warning emails will recognize that experience, heh...). Now I am concentrating fully on Eduweb work. Getting to know the WolfQuest world better has been amazing.
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:33 pm

loboLoco wrote:Nobody voted for Text Chat in Public Games? After all that fuss? :shock:
I noticed that too! :frog:
Pepper wrote:
Anduril wrote:
Aw! Thanks! It has been a pleasure. 2016 was a big change for me, I retired from my school administrator job in June (anyone on the receiving end of one of my warning emails will recognize that experience, heh...). Now I am concentrating fully on Eduweb work. Getting to know the WolfQuest world better has been amazing.
I would add "Pepper" as an option if adding new options didn't wipe existing poll results. :wink:

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:33 pm

I have loved all the new additions. But I voted for the official release onto Steam. Mainly because it has helped WolfQuest reach out to new players that perhaps would never heard of WolfQuest - I do believe this has been a huge benefit and help increase the potential future of the game :)
Wolf567 / Blaze

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:33 pm

wolf567 wrote:I have loved all the new additions. But I voted for the official release onto Steam. Mainly because it has helped WolfQuest reach out to new players that perhaps would never heard of WolfQuest - I do believe this has been a huge benefit and help increase the potential future of the game :)
Definitely. Steam has been a surprisingly friendly place for WQ. And while I'm sure some Steam sales would've gone to itch.io otherwise, I'm even more certain that Steam has grown our playerbase significantly. Also to my surprise.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”