To kick or not to kick?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: To kick or not to kick?

Post by Pepper » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:46 pm

Noctis_ wrote:
Pepper wrote:Can I Kick From Private Games?
A word about private games. The rules are the same as for public games, including kicking. We don't see many reports about private games, presumably because they are groups of friends or people who have agreed to play in a certain style. However, if hosts share their private game passwords widely (which defeats the purpose of private games) and then object to the way people play, there will, no doubt, be conflict and we will then receive reports for private games. Long story, short: If you kick excessively from private games, the consequences are the same.
This hasn't ever been an issue before, but regarding private games (since this would be useful information for future reference): Say I host a private game and share the password with a few people. However, without my permission, those people then share the password with other players, who then join the private game as well. Is it within the rules to kick those people, since I never issued them the password?
It seems like a bigger issue with the friends whom you did invite to the private game. Perhaps you need an agreement that only the host can invite. If the new players are not following the rules, you can kick, of course. I can't say I have seen any evidence that this is a larger problem.
(P.S. So sorry for the delayed reply).
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:00 pm

I only kick when people are trying to take the pups back to the river when we're going to rendousvouz (however you spell it!) and people who keep taking my pup when I keep saying in phrase chat: "((Wolf name):No. I've got this pup." and they don't listen. I know a user (LizzieWolfy0) who joins my games to annoy us. Since I'm used to it, I'll give a good kick only if things get REALLY bad.
(I also think non-host people should be able to report. All of us non-host peeps can only "invite as friend" while in-game.)

...So, let's say the host is new to the game. There are so many rules to keep track of, and the host is playing phrase chat so no one can tell the host HOW to kick. Let's say someone was trying to drown a pup, purposely avoiding the shallow sides. The host will freak out, and the non-hosts will wish they could report him. I like that only the host can warn and kick, but I really want you to add "Report" in Pack Stats when you join a MP game. For safety, and my opinion.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri May 11, 2018 5:11 am

One time, I was hosting a public experience hunting server. A few people joined, and it was fun hunting alongside them. Then, someone else joined. They didn't join in with the hunt, and just kept asking for someone to be their parent. They kept asking over and over again, kinda spamming the chat. A few of us explained it to them nicely that it wasn't a role playing server, and that it was for hunting. We also recommended looking for a server made for role play in the lobby. They ignored every word we said, and just kept asking continuously. If I remember rightly, they even started asking certain players. The people who had joined were being kinda patient, but I could tell that person was annoying them, and they were starting to annoy me too. I decide to kick them from the game once I'd given them a warning and they had ignored.

Was this the right choice? And if I ever find people like that in my servers again, should I kick them out?
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:53 am

ForeverEverest wrote:One time, I was hosting a public experience hunting server. A few people joined, and it was fun hunting alongside them. Then, someone else joined. They didn't join in with the hunt, and just kept asking for someone to be their parent. They kept asking over and over again, kinda spamming the chat. A few of us explained it to them nicely that it wasn't a role playing server, and that it was for hunting. We also recommended looking for a server made for role play in the lobby. They ignored every word we said, and just kept asking continuously. If I remember rightly, they even started asking certain players. The people who had joined were being kinda patient, but I could tell that person was annoying them, and they were starting to annoy me too. I decide to kick them from the game once I'd given them a warning and they had ignored.

Was this the right choice? And if I ever find people like that in my servers again, should I kick them out?
Actually, I think I would have kicked them out a little sooner! I think you held up and had way more than enough patience. I think you did pretty well, actually. :mrgreen:
Last edited by xc92u3 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Wed May 30, 2018 2:35 pm

ForeverEverest wrote:One time, I was hosting a public experience hunting server. A few people joined, and it was fun hunting alongside them. Then, someone else joined. They didn't join in with the hunt, and just kept asking for someone to be their parent. They kept asking over and over again, kinda spamming the chat. A few of us explained it to them nicely that it wasn't a role playing server, and that it was for hunting. We also recommended looking for a server made for role play in the lobby. They ignored every word we said, and just kept asking continuously. If I remember rightly, they even started asking certain players. The people who had joined were being kinda patient, but I could tell that person was annoying them, and they were starting to annoy me too. I decide to kick them from the game once I'd given them a warning and they had ignored.

It seems reasonable to kick that player if you gave clear expectations, gave warnings, and they were still disrupting the game. Spamming the chat is not allowed and it is the host's call if it crosses the line into breaking the rules. If you are judicious in kicking and don't kick excessively, it sounds like you are doing the right thing, as host.
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

Nuntayak
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Nuntayak » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:50 am

I got kicked from a game when I was out hunting elk in Lone River. Someone had some no hunting rule but my wolf was hungry, there were no carcasses, sooooo . . . :roll:

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:27 pm

Nuntayak wrote:I got kicked from a game when I was out hunting elk in Lone River. Someone had some no hunting rule but my wolf was hungry, there were no carcasses, sooooo . . . :roll:
I got kicked because I was watching pups when being told to hunt when there was the opposite of no carcasses :lol:

TheWildForest
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Moa

Post by TheWildForest » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:20 am

I got kicked for helping training the pups to stay in the den.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:59 am

TheWildForest wrote:I got kicked for helping training the pups to stay in the den.
Heck yeah me too
I am quoting and relating to too much of these guys' scenarios because they all happened (how do you get me to stop quoting?) XD

Nuntayak
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Nuntayak » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:38 pm

I was kicked because I was hunting a bull elk and not a moose for my bull hunting goal. I told them I would be over there in a moment (the bull was near death) and was kicked. Eeish!

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:52 pm

I joined a public (key word public) and they were descing with human rp or something, so while this one user was making this really long desc I was just hanging out. Then I spotted a bear at a carcass and chased it off, I was kicked..
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:00 pm

It was late evening, I was looking at the multiplayer game lobby, I see a game called "nO" and I join. I say hello and I'm immediately kicked. Host doesn't move, or say anything. AAAAAAAAA

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:39 am

Just remember that although it is no fun to be kicked, you probably would not have enjoyed those games anyway. We have an automatic kick tracking system so hosts who kick too much will hear from admin. It is also likely that hosts who are flaunting the rules about kicking will get themselves in the reports for other reasons. Justice will served. :wink:

We suggest hosting your own games so you can be the kind of host you wish to see in WolfQuest (and have the power of prudent kicking... LOL). Private games are always a good option too.
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”