SUPER Angry!!!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Iskiera
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

SUPER Angry!!!

Post by Iskiera » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:38 am

I don't know if u noticed it but there are A LOT of ppl playing who kill your puppys... :evil:
there is nothing that we can do....
in the last 2 days playing this happened 5 times to me always from another player...

it was never this bad before...

what is there to do so these ppl are not able to play the game... it annoys the hell out of me and actually makes me not want to play anymore because it just does not make sense when someone comes and kills the puppies... there is nothing u can do...

:x :evil: :x :evil:

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

Re: SUPER Angry!!!

Post by Shiverdam » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:32 pm

You can use the in-game report feature by going into "pack stats," selecting their name and clicking "report." Or you could submit a report to info@wolfquest.org containing the username of the player, and screenshots if possible.

I come across these users frequently too. A lot of hosts won't kick them out right away (if at all) and it's insanely frustrating. I've taken to hosting my own games more often than joining others (partially because of this), and if someone starts running away with a pup, I have a sort of "3 strikes and you're out"" system; "where are you going?" "Bring the pup back." and if they don't comply, they get kicked out. Unfortunately a lot of hosts seem to forget the kick feature and let the hecklers get away with it.
"Shiverdarn" in-game

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:26 pm

If you don't already I recommend hosting your co-op games so you can have the power to kick whoever is doing something wrong. When people join any of my games I always stay close to the den and keep an eye on the people (or, better yet, conceal myself so they don't know I'm watching) to see any suspicious behavior. If someone seems to be acting strange I usually kick them first, and then send them an in-game message asking them about it and I'll let them back in immediately if they just were just glitching.

Remember to report them first! If you see someone acting up in another person's game than you can report them and message the host and advise them to kick the person.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Iskiera
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Iskiera » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:02 am

its just SO frustrating as i'm not always hosting... and a lot of them use phrase chat games as u can not ask the host to kick...

i guess i will host more often in the future just to have that option... and i will stay at the den i guess. or leave someone i know to watch them while i feed... it just makes me SO angry as i don't understand why they do this...

as for reporting them.. its hard as they leave as soon as they killed the pup/ pups... and i do not save the usernames from everybody that enters...
i just wish there was a way to make it impossible for them to return or for me to save the pups when they have them... as a host i would really like to have endless energy so i could pick them up and carry them to safety when they r in water... it would make it so much easier... or to be able to attack the wolf trying to kill the pup... just to stop him... and only me as host... to just have more protection options as kicking them is the only thing i can do right now and i think its not enough...

but thx so much for your opinion...

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:33 pm

You can actually save the pup's life by feeding it when the host drops it in the water. It'll refill its health and give you time to bring the pup safely to shore and then kick the person (the new patch makes it impossible for them to return). As a host I'm always on super high-alert when we are crossing the water so I can save any half-drowned pups. Sometimes I simply insist that no one except me carries the pup across the water when there are too many people to keep track of.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:45 pm

If someone implies that they will be killing pups or says that they will, I usually give them a warning. However if I or anyone else catches them doing it, they are kicked without a question as I will not tolerate behavior in my server that ruins the game for me or any of the other players. I've had this problem far too many times to not take it seriously, and most of the time it was repeat offenders that I saw in multiple servers killing pups and disrupting the game.

Before the kick feature, I once had a person who came into multiple of my and other people's games late and demanded that we name one of our pups what she wanted, which was usually the pure white pup if we had one. The name was an incredibly stupid name that nobody would ever want to name their pup, so it was obvious that everyone would refuse. When we did, she would whine about it and kill the pups one by one to spite everyone (she usually killed mine first because I kept running into her) and then she would leave the game. We reported her many times for this, and I haven't seen her since at least July, so I'm assuming her bratty behavior got her rightfully banned.

But if you see these people, just kick them and it will usually take care of it, as we do NOT need the pupkiller days to come back.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”