itch.io vs Steam

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Farlo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

itch.io vs Steam

Post by Farlo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Hey guys! I recommend getting the itch.io version over the Steam. If you purchase it through itch.io you get a free steam code anyway.
-Farlo-

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Re: itch.io vs Steam

Post by psy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Honestly I'd buy it on itch.io too solely for that free Steam code. Two ways to reinstall sounds like a good deal.

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

Farlo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Farlo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Definitely!
-Farlo-

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:37 pm

Farlo wrote:Definitely!
Please make sure you have at least three words in your posts so your message is not SPAM.

Could you edit your thread so it's more of a discussion, e.g. "Which do you prefer, itch.io or Steam?" You can still include your opinion, of course, but it will help direct discussion more.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:14 pm

The only issue with itch.io is that it excludes foreign taxes from the price. In the Netherlands, for instance, you have to pay an extra 21% for the game. Steam's shown price is always the final one, regardless of VAT. In other words, the Steam version can be cheaper depending on where you live.

That said, Steam/Valve also takes a bigger cut of the profits than itch.io does, so the developers appreciate you buying it off itch.io instead.

I have to say, though, I don't entirely see the point in the topic as-is either. (Does not mean I do not appreciate trying to be helpful to your fellow users, though!) Koa's suggestion is good; got me curious about whether more people run the PC game through Steam or through the DRM-free client as well.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”