Crazy Multiplayer Experiences

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

[ChaoticKagura]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Crazy Multiplayer Experiences

Post by [ChaoticKagura] » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:57 pm

So, I had a strange experience today while playing the Pup Quest in Open Chat that inspired my to make this thread. Forgive me if there's something like this, but I haven't seen any thread that specifically pertains to multiplayer.

Anyways, what happened? I joined the server, and all was well for the most part. We hunted a fair amount of elk before we chose to den so our pups wouldn't starve, then marked the territory, and got the pups. I think they were all male-- two were left unnamed. That's one of my pet peeves and it REALLY annoys me when people leave their pups unnamed, but I think this person took it to a whole new level. I go to get food and I notice that the host is carrying one of the unnamed pups away from the den and I immediately know that she's carrying the pup to the creek to drown it. So I ask "Where Are You Going?" and she suddenly kicks me from the game. I get on a new character, go back into the server, run back to the den just in time to see her drop the pup in the creek. After it drowns, she spams the chat with "Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!" and just keeps spamming until eventually she disconnects.

It was really bizarre. I've also had one girl come into my server and another person in the chat started saying things like "Oh no! Defend the pups!" and I had no idea what he was talking about until the final journey. The person kept diving straight into the deep part of the river to drown the pups. The first time I thought it was an accident, but the second time I kicked her. Thankfully I always save my games before we reach the creek so I was able to get all the pups back. She continued to join several more times, once even trying to get on a different character to trick me. XD
Dyrius Advisor
WOLVES OF THE NIGHT WATCH
"Valar Morghulis"
« « « Ikariah Scout » » »
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
sтιραηт єlємєηтσяυм
« « « « « « « » » » » » » »
∞∞∞ тнє ραcк σғ тнє єlємєηтs ∞∞∞
« « » »
PackSignature©BySinnedAshes

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: Crazy Multiplayer Experiences

Post by loboLoco » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:59 pm

I've heard that some games deal with griefers by putting them in griefer-only games. We'd need to build a mechanism to identify and quarantine them, but it is tempting...
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:10 pm

loboLoco wrote:I've heard that some games deal with griefers by putting them in griefer-only games. We'd need to build a mechanism to identify and quarantine them, but it is tempting...
That would be really neat, but how exactly is that going to happen?

I'd really love this as an addition to the game in the future. Such people are honestly so annoying.
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

Silver Mist Wolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Silver Mist Wolf » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:57 pm

I just got out of a game where, probably due to lag, a cow elk kept regenerating health every time you'd take a bite out of her. Was happening to everyone attacking that elk, noted by another player exclaiming "Glitch!"

Very odd.

avatar/signature © Jeames/twinlinskis

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

Post by Shiverdam » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:40 pm

I had something similar happen to me a few days ago. TWO hecklers, ONE MP game. They both kept trying to take certain pups away, one of them was constantly growling at anyone taking care of the pups. The other kept being told "Stop!" And they would respond "No." Followed by "Hehehe." We lost two pups in the midst of both chasing off predators and trying to deter the hecklers. Eventually the game host and the other good user came over. We all had a growl-off (this whole time I was wondering why the host didn't just kick these people), and I kept howling to prevent them from taking off with the pups, since you can't pick up pups while they howl. Eventually one then the other disappeared, to which the game host replied "Excellent!"

Honestly though. Why heckle people in a wolf game? I don't get it.
"Shiverdarn" in-game

Silver Mist Wolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Silver Mist Wolf » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Shiverdam wrote:I kept howling to prevent them from taking off with the pups, since you can't pick up pups while they howl.
Hey, that's actually a really smart short-term way to deal with hecklers! It'd be a mess to try feed them though, unless each one was fed simultaneously. I haven't tried yet, but can you pick up pups while they're being fed? I think not, but I'm not entirely sure.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Silver Mist Wolf wrote:
Shiverdam wrote:I kept howling to prevent them from taking off with the pups, since you can't pick up pups while they howl.
Hey, that's actually a really smart short-term way to deal with hecklers! It'd be a mess to try feed them though, unless each one was fed simultaneously. I haven't tried yet, but can you pick up pups while they're being fed? I think not, but I'm not entirely sure.

If you feed a pup while someone else is carrying it you forcibly cause it to drop. Another great troll-prevention!
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Kamaal

Post by Kamaal » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:28 am

People are crazy these days, a few moments earlier I joined a public pup raising server. All went fine until I went close to the others (the den was located in Aspen) to help mark the territory. Then all out of sudden the pack leader (his char's name was Kovah) kicked me out for no particular reason. Ok... I rejoined and he kicked me again even after I asked 'why?', then I decided to use another char but the same thing kept happening. Man honestly why? Did a screw from your brain get loose or something?

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:49 am

Yikes, it seems like people in open MP are just insane these days......like seriously, why would you want to kill off the pups?

Silver Mist Wolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Silver Mist Wolf » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:51 pm

Kamaal wrote:People are crazy these days, a few moments earlier I joined a public pup raising server. All went fine until I went close to the others (the den was located in Aspen) to help mark the territory. Then all out of sudden the pack leader (his char's name was Kovah) kicked me out for no particular reason. Ok... I rejoined and he kicked me again even after I asked 'why?', then I decided to use another char but the same thing kept happening. Man honestly why? Did a screw from your brain get loose or something?
Pet peeve. This has happened to me once before, but I hopped in and before I could even say hello, the person kicked me. Pretty rude if you ask me. Host a private match if you only want specific people in :u

Kamaal

Post by Kamaal » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:55 pm

I'll have to agree with you, but still it'd be nice if he could at least explain to me the reason for the 'boot kick'.

Seiun
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Reyes

Post by Seiun » Mon May 02, 2016 7:38 am

I joined a multiplayer game and it was the final stretch for the pups. I was running to catch up with the others and was kicked almost right away. Upon creating my own game, the owner of the previous game came in and tried to drown one of my pups. I was lucky to kick her off, and another user helped bring the pup back after following her down to the river.
R E Y E S
You're afraid of letting go, and so you stay here again today...

Harmonie 780
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Harm

Post by Harmonie 780 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:53 pm

Just the other day I was playing a public pup game, and one of the wolves kept on taking a pup (that looked just like them) a little ways from the den and growling when people went to take it back to the den. Later on when we just got out of the river (from the bison peak den), the person managed to get it across and keep the other players from taking it away from them. They were behind everyone else because they would have to wait for their stamina to regain, and then would poke around with the stranger wolves and then keep going with the pup. Eventually, everybody got tired of them and we rotated the other two pups between us other 3 people. But shortly after that, the predator cam showed an eagle targeting the "loners" pup and no one went back to help try to chase the eagle off and the pup got killed by it. It annoyed me how they only cared about and focused so much on that one pup and it ended up dying in their hands anyways. And when it died, they just ran up to the group and followed us around and didn't bother with trying to help with the remaining two! :?

Kamaal

Post by Kamaal » Wed May 11, 2016 11:03 am

Ahahaha, just 5 minutes ago I was RPing with a few of my friends. Previously we hosted a public game in order to get more people and one of them claimed that he was Aparri from Animal Jam. He kept insisting on watching his videos and liking them and besides that he made a fuss asking why WQ did not allow any hats, beards, etc etc. Later on he got mad at me after I explained to him that AJ is not to my liking nor are his videos. If he indeed is who he claims he is he sure is quirky...

In all honesty that was a new one, I couldn't stop laughing!

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Sun May 15, 2016 4:46 pm

A friend I haven't seen on WQ since 2012 just visited my server. Not exactly crazy, but it was crazy happy for me. I thought I was going to cry out of pure joy at seeing them again.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”