Awesome Multiplayer RP Experiences

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Awesome Multiplayer RP Experiences

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:57 pm

I did a quick search to find any similar threads, I haven't found any, but if any of you mods do, feel free to lock this thread!

So, have any of you guys had any really fun and enjoyable roleplay experiences in WolfQuest MP? Any memorable moments that you wish would happen again? Anything like that? Tell us your stories! I'd love to hear them!

For me it was back in the days of 2.5, we were doing this RP in Slough Creek (Spring), and it was a pack roleplay. Admittedly, there were outdated ranks in it, but everybody does that anyway, but it was quite fun. I was the leader of the pack, but I made sure to listen to the other pack members, one person RPed as a young pup, who happened to be my wolf's son, it was great fun, especially since everyone got along and we all worked together to keep the pack healthy and safe.

Now tell me your experiences!

RoyalNarcissist

Re: Awesome Multiplayer RP Experiences

Post by RoyalNarcissist » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Oh I had an awesome experience.

It was back before 2.5 came out. That was when I first started playing multiplayer. I was younger back then and didn't quite grasp the concept of roleplaying. In fact, if I remember correctly, the very first thing I said when I joined my first MP game was: "Why is everyone saying what they're doing?" XD

Anyways. After that, I got better at roleplaying. The lexicon was still not in use and everyone spoke freely, so I picked up a lot of new words from roleplaying and reading books.

WolfQuest was my very first ever "online" game, so I kept at it. Eventually, Slough Creek came out and the roleplaying expanded there. That was when I met a player whose wolf had a more fantasy aspect to it. It was a small feature and nothing like godly powers or anything. Anyways, I began to roleplay more often with the same people on that particular server which always came up at the same hour nearly everyday.

It was something I looked forward to very much, since I didn't have a lot of friends in high school. Eventually, a lot of the people I was used to seeing on that server just didn't show up. That's when I learned that they moved over to FeralHeart, but the person who ran the server was always there, so we had some fun with RP fights and such, even if it was only us two.

Later on, when the lexicon chat began impeding on our roleplay quality, we decided to move over to FH along with the rest of the group. That is when I left WQ and continued to get better at roleplay in different games and forums. I came back in 2014, but I was mortified at the quality of RP with the lexicon, so I left again after a single MP game XD

Eventually, I fell out of the group due to personal reasons and the fact that I couldn't log on everyday to RP when I had to study and work on my own things.

To this day, those people were the best roleplay partners I could have asked for and it all started here. That's why I took a look back here in December of last year and I'm glad I did, otherwise I would not have gotten the new version.

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Great topic, thank you for making it. It's nice to see some positives.

One of my most awesome experiences was a day or two after 2.7 was released. I joined a "Hunting" server and we all seemed to get along well so we made a private game. It was my first private game since beta testing so I was wondering if the entire thing would dissolve into a meat or power rp. It didn't, and instead we ended up killing about five bull elk and having a blast of a time. All the people were really nice, mature, and we ended up having some cool discussions about real life issues. I never saw them again, but it was a really nice intro to the 2.7 MP community.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Post by DerpBacon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:52 pm

A couple months ago, I entered a private WQ 2.7 server that was both enjoyable and contradicted the whole "younger players decrease the fun" thing.
We were hunting, and then we decided to roleplay. One of the best roleplays I had in WolfQuest, actually. None of us powerplayed or anything, we just kept it strictly semi-realistic. We ended up forming a pack and hunted as a team. Then, as people started leaving (we were playing deep into the night, obviously some people had to leave) we just started chatting, talking about other video games.
Really nice server.

the house of the rising sun

flumen vitae

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:33 pm

Yesterday I was in a private game with some of my WQ friends and we were roleplaying as a wolf pack (so original hehe) and we had a lot of fun. We raised the pups and eventually our RP turned into a discussion about leap years, fun times.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Oh gosh, all these stories sound so wonderful! Glad to hear the 2.7 community is a blast, I really should get around to buying 2.7 and joining in on the fun!

There was another time in 2.5 that was great, so I was looking in the open game lobby, and I found one that sounded interesting, I joined and the person hosting the server was really calm and fair, we role played, we hunted, it was great fun! And we had played in that server every once in a while, and I enjoyed it. I was kinda sad when I stopped seeing the server appear in the MP lobby. Anyways, I hope to have some great RP experiences once I buy 2.7!

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:48 am

I've got no 2.7 experience, but I remember back in 2.5 I had a few good RPs that I can still remember.
One of them included Slough Creek being divided into two packs, and two territories. Everything north of the river belonged to the Nightshades, and everything south of the river belonged to the Wolfbanes. It went on for a few hours, nobody was too much of an attention hog or a drama llama, and it was actually quite interesting.
There were a few more, but I forget them at the moment.
It can take awhile to find good RPs, and they can be few and far between. Or at least, that's how it was for me. I imagine more forum activity and friends organizing private sessions makes it so that everyone can rely on consistent, better-quality RPs, instead of having to go 'fishing'.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

-FireBreaker-
Name: Fire

Post by -FireBreaker- » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:53 pm

A few weeks ago, i entered a private 2.7 server that was one of the best servers i've ever been in. Everyone were kind, and no one powerplayed or anything like that, we kept i semi-realistic. We Roleplayed, and then we became a pack and hunted. I think we ended up killing five bull elks. Then we started chatting, and talked about different things. Then people started leaving, and i had to leave has well. It was a really nice server.
·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´
Wh¥ §hðµlÐ ï åþðlðgïzê £ðr hê mðñ§êr ï'vê ßê¢ðmê
ñð ðñê êvêr åþðlðgïzêÐ £ðr måkïñg mê hï§ wå¥
`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´
:: av/sig © Lupin/Samber ::

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:52 pm

A year ago before I reregistered since I'm now older, I entered a roleplay, we were so realistic, it couldn't be that funny! It was my dream to be in a perfect roleplay with no powerplayers, godmodders, any of that stuff, and it came true. No one was doing that stuff at the same time being ultra realistic, it was amazing. We even traveled in single file lines when moving dens, which was pretty fun.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Call me Tsuri!

Post by Phasoli » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:17 am

Among the greatest servers I've ever been in was one where we were a traveling pack, searching for paradise in the Lost River. We kept it as realistic as possible, while still adding our own little plot to the story. It was fun! My wolf was sort of like the story teller, keeping the pack alive with hope of a place of paradise, haha.

Another great rp was where we were playing as loners, and we were on a journey to salvage my wolf's memories. These were some great times, and I've got a few awesome 2.5 moments, too, where we were in a ranked pack trying to get along with each other, haha. Those were some good times!
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:12 am

Agreed with Lobo Laughing on the creation of this topic, I think we tend to hear of far too many negative experiences with multiplayer so it makes people forget/not really think about the positie things. So, its nice to see something positive. :]

That aside, the one multiplayer experience that comes to mind was with 2.5 (I haven't really gone on 2.7 multiplayer much to have any significant experiences). A couple of us were basically just hunting and roleplaying as a pack, nothing major. While it was relatively average roleplay, it was enjoyable since everyone was very friendly throughout the game. I actually did speak to a few of them via PM on the forums since we had become decent friends.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sat May 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Personally? This RP Tsuri and I are doing currently... It's just amazing and detailed with amazing people. (yis Tsuri, I'm talking about you) No one is powerplaying and it just flows so smoothly...

I'd like to thank em for that. I wish most RPing sessions were like this, but sadly they aren't.
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Sun May 15, 2016 6:30 pm

Back in 2012 when me and my (then new, now old) friends rped the wolves of Slough Creek fighting off War Pack who wanted to take over Slough Creek. Eventually my character Space had to confront Kill, their leader, after defeating her second in law Bloodi, and it was just awesome. Then there was another war and then Kill was reformed after her pack, now a bunch of ghosts (except for her and a couple of others) was attacked by a giant wolf named Theiall... Yeah I know its not realistic but I do implement realism into my rp a little bit, like the behaviors of the wolves for example. It was super fun.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”