Ideas for New Episodes/Future Updates

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Ideas for New Episodes/Future Updates

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:17 pm

Sierra Faith wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:47 pm
What I would love in a future version would be extra customizations that you can unlock by purchasing or if you hit a certain amount of experience points.
For example: a rare blue eye color can be unlocked if you get 200k experience points, but you can get it faster should you choose to purchase them. This could apply to all your wolves or just a few or one.
If you hit 500k you can unlock customizable collars. You can choose if you want spikes on them or diamonds or even just skulls. There are a lot of customizable options but I won’t get into them all right now.
If you hit 1 million you can get an albino wolf, this wolf can be edited but it’s skin color will remain the same. Again, it can be DLC.

That’s all I have to say about customizations for now, I will add more stuff later when I get more ideas.
While I like this idea, I do a have a few concerns with it in the context of the game, and would like to politely disagree with the way that it is being presented here.

1. Those customizations themselves are very unrealistic, and WolfQuest is a game that has always tried to be as realistic as possible. Blue eyes are something that has never been documented in wild wolves, only in certain dog breeds and wolfdogs. True albinism is also something that has never been documented in wolves in real life, meaning that wolves probably don't possess the gene for albinism in the first place, so to include it despite that seems, odd and unnecessary to say the least. It's the same with radio collars, researchers probably wouldn't put custom collars onto a specific wolf that they capture and collar, most radio collars that are put onto animals are very much just meant to be serviceable, and sometimes get chewed off by the collared wolf's pack or damaged by other factors, making it kind of pointless to put a specific design on it. So for a game like WolfQuest, I don't really like those customization ideas.
2. For me at least, from a gameplay standpoint it doesn't really make sense to unlock a new coat or customization like that just by gaining a certain amount of experience on a specific wolf. I think it would make more sense to unlock new customizations by completing achievements (whenever achievements are added to the game). That would give players more of an incentive to actually go out and complete achievements, rather than encouraging players to just gain enough experience to unlock things, which is a pretty overdone and simplified feature in games, in my opinion.

So while I do like the basic idea of unlockable customizations or adding new customizations in DLC, I take issue with the way that it is being presented here. It's being presented here in a "Reach a certain level to unlock the Golden Skin" sort of way, which in my opinion is pretty overdone in games nowadays. And in my opinion it doesn't really work in the context of a game like WQ, because why should I unlock a new skin for all my wolves just for getting a specific one to a certain amount of Experience? Why not reward players for completing general achievements rather than just rewarding them for getting a certain wolf to a specific XP level? That's the main problem I see with this. Again, the basic concept is fine, but I'm just not a big fan of the way it is being presented here.

Shina-K
Pup
Pup
Name: Kirozanagi/Kiro

Post by Shina-K » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Just a couple things I've thought might be nice...

- Being able to pick up small prey again after you've sat it down (like rabbits)
- Being able to edit your bio while in a game
JK JK --- JOUSHIKITEKI NI KANGAETE
JK JK --- "THINK USING COMMON SENSE"

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Selvin novaraptor wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:28 am
> Ability to order your pups to go into dens when there is a predator attack

> Coyote/Fox/Bear dens in maps - Yes I know that bears wander with cubs. I mean hibernation dens

> A rare chance of seeing other species of predator hunting ungulates

> You can 'command' your mate/vice versa

> Actual, Visible vunerability of prey

> otters, magpies, various small birds and other semi-interactable ambient creatures

> badgers, small rodents and other smaller interactable creatures

> Collectable/interactable objects in Lost River - e. g) carriable boots, interactable cats

> A sort of 'Hard Mode' featuring wildlife massacre of 19s and early 20s in future episode

> A competetive mode where pairs or teams of players need to raise pups. the team with most pups healthly surviving will win the game
>Visible vunerability can include difference in scent particles, blood trail(only visible in scent), limping or slower speed. Panting and prey slowing can also indicate it.

>Prey can suddenly charge you mid-fleeing to demonstrate their strength.

>Magpies can be found together with ravens.

>Otters, badgers and small rodents can be indicated by holes in frozen rivers, sudden splashing, traces of digging, footstep sounds, warning calls etc.

>larger rodents can be actually added as there is a documented clip on yellowstone wolf hunting groundsquirrel.

<Competitive Mode Ideas>

Altered TerritoryQuest - Players should compete against not only NPC packs, but also other teams of players over territory(NPC1, NPC2, NPC3, Player1, Player2...). Players with least deaths, least quickheal use and most territory will win the game.

PupQuest - Two or more teams of players should raise pups independently. Team with least deaths, least quickheal use and least pups dying after whole Slough Creek episode will win the game.

Mini Games - On certain settings, the game can support mini games like hide and seek, play tag and etc.
Last edited by Selvin novaraptor on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:49 pm

Selvin novaraptor wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:52 pm
Selvin novaraptor wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:28 am
> Ability to order your pups to go into dens when there is a predator attack

> Coyote/Fox/Bear dens in maps - Yes I know that bears wander with cubs. I mean hibernation dens

> A rare chance of seeing other species of predator hunting ungulates

> You can 'command' your mate/vice versa

> Actual, Visible vunerability of prey

> otters, magpies, various small birds and other semi-interactable ambient creatures

> badgers, small rodents and other smaller interactable creatures

> Collectable/interactable objects in Lost River - e. g) carriable boots, interactable cats

> A sort of 'Hard Mode' featuring wildlife massacre of 19s and early 20s in future episode

> A competetive mode where pairs or teams of players need to raise pups. the team with most pups healthly surviving will win the game
>Visible vunerability can include difference in scent particles, blood trail(only visible in scent), limping or slower speed.

>Prey can suddenly charge you mid-fleeing to demonstrate their strength.

>Magpies can be found together with ravens.

>Otters, badgers and small rodents can be indicated by holes in frozen rivers, sudden splashing, traces of digging, footstep sounds, warning calls etc.

>larger rodents can be actually added as there is a documented clip on yellowstone wolf hunting groundsquirrel.

<Competitive Mode Ideas>

Altered TerritoryQuest - Players should compete against not only NPC packs, but also other teams of players over territory(NPC1, NPC2, NPC3, Player1, Player2...). Players with least deaths, least quickheal use and most territory will win the game.

PupQuest - Two or more teams of players should raise pups independently. Team with least deaths, least quickheal use and least pups dying after whole Slough Creek episode will win the game.

Mini Games - On certain settings, the game can support mini games like hide and seek, play tag and etc.
I like all of these ideas! Admittedly some would probably be a lot harder to implement than others, but all of them would be nice features to eventually have (maybe someday?). There are some pretty cool and unique ideas in there as well, and I definitely appreciate the fact that you are suggesting a lot of unique things that I have not seen any other users mention.

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:35 pm

DinoDogDude209 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:17 pm
Sierra Faith wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:47 pm
What I would love in a future version would be extra customizations that you can unlock by purchasing or if you hit a certain amount of experience points.
For example: a rare blue eye color can be unlocked if you get 200k experience points, but you can get it faster should you choose to purchase them. This could apply to all your wolves or just a few or one.
If you hit 500k you can unlock customizable collars. You can choose if you want spikes on them or diamonds or even just skulls. There are a lot of customizable options but I won’t get into them all right now.
If you hit 1 million you can get an albino wolf, this wolf can be edited but it’s skin color will remain the same. Again, it can be DLC.

That’s all I have to say about customizations for now, I will add more stuff later when I get more ideas.
While I like this idea, I do a have a few concerns with it in the context of the game, and would like to politely disagree with the way that it is being presented here.

1. Those customizations themselves are very unrealistic, and WolfQuest is a game that has always tried to be as realistic as possible. Blue eyes are something that has never been documented in wild wolves, only in certain dog breeds and wolfdogs. True albinism is also something that has never been documented in wolves in real life, meaning that wolves probably don't possess the gene for albinism in the first place, so to include it despite that seems, odd and unnecessary to say the least. It's the same with radio collars, researchers probably wouldn't put custom collars onto a specific wolf that they capture and collar, most radio collars that are put onto animals are very much just meant to be serviceable, and sometimes get chewed off by the collared wolf's pack or damaged by other factors, making it kind of pointless to put a specific design on it. So for a game like WolfQuest, I don't really like those customization ideas.
2. For me at least, from a gameplay standpoint it doesn't really make sense to unlock a new coat or customization like that just by gaining a certain amount of experience on a specific wolf. I think it would make more sense to unlock new customizations by completing achievements (whenever achievements are added to the game). That would give players more of an incentive to actually go out and complete achievements, rather than encouraging players to just gain enough experience to unlock things, which is a pretty overdone and simplified feature in games, in my opinion.

So while I do like the basic idea of unlockable customizations or adding new customizations in DLC, I take issue with the way that it is being presented here. It's being presented here in a "Reach a certain level to unlock the Golden Skin" sort of way, which in my opinion is pretty overdone in games nowadays. And in my opinion it doesn't really work in the context of a game like WQ, because why should I unlock a new skin for all my wolves just for getting a specific one to a certain amount of Experience? Why not reward players for completing general achievements rather than just rewarding them for getting a certain wolf to a specific XP level? That's the main problem I see with this. Again, the basic concept is fine, but I'm just not a big fan of the way it is being presented here.
Certain customization options like scar and radio collar can be Exp-linked unlockables. Because you have to not only get injured, but also escape & survive with it to earn scar. And you're more likely to get collared when you are famous for certain actions(such as repeatedly killing elk cow alone like Lamar Canyon 832F) than you're not so.

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

Post by Nek0chan » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:45 am

Well, I have some ideas...
Singleplayer
- It's a minor thing, but adding back the "limp leg" option in customization options🤔 (It could even be an unlockable thing, such as "survive an encounter with a bear" or "failed/succeed in hunting in the Cattle Ranch" for example; as you're more likely to get injured in those situations)

- If you take the juvenile pups to hunt with you in Towerfall, they could take damage like players do when hunting, so you'd have to think carefully what animals you go for to ensure the pups don't die in the hunt. (In higher difficulties they'd take more damage/die sooner, than in lower difficulties.).

Multiplayer
- adding a "send friend request to everyone" option, so if you're playing with a group and want to send a friend request to everyone you don't have to go person by person.

- Making an online "pup raising" mode (once the main game is completed, of course.), like in 2.7.

-Maybe make a "player vs player" mode where there are two packs of players and they have to compete to get the most territory. (Although that would be hard to implement...)
♥️ ────────────⠀♡⃛♡⃛ ──────── ♥️

𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓱 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓮
𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝔀𝓱𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮

ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱɪᴄᴋ ɢɪʀʟꜱ - ʙʟᴀᴄᴋᴘɪɴᴋ

1:05 ───|────── 3:21

|◁ II ▷|

♥️ ────────────⠀♡⃛♡⃛ ──────── ♥️

Shinda_kage
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Raven

Post by Shinda_kage » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:23 am

jsut a little idea but one id loved to see in the game

a notification pop up when ever you recieve a message from a friend. like in the right corner alil pop up with a howling wolf just telling you you recieved a meesgae. since its really hard to tell if you have any messages so a lil pop up would be nice so you can hold the contact a little better

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:18 am

Sorry if this has already been said.

I really like to play with the fur colours, and gladly we have a lot of coats to choose from. However, I'd like to suggest a new shade slider, a color><grey one. It would add a bunch of new looks without having to create new coats.

I thought of this today when I tried really hard to get a strong grey shade and found it rather challenging... almost all the options we have are brownish or dark, except for the 2 whiteish ones of course. Having the option to choose a more or less grey variation of all the fur colors would be awesome.

...and yes, atm I'm trying to get a "true" grey out of the white ones, but the thing is, simply darkening it with the light><dark slider doesn't quite do it as itended and again, being able to do that to all the coats would add a lot with little effort.

Also a small random thing: why on earth does the wolf auto jump near cliff edges??? It's hilarious but it just doesn't make sense in any possible way. :lol:
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.

Sierra Faith
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Sierra

Post by Sierra Faith » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:36 pm

DinoDogDude209 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:17 pm

Well the reason why I thought about doing it that way is because for some people who don’t have the money to buy it as DLC can take the longer route if they want these certain attributes. Also I know Blue eyes is not realistic but in terms of role play some people could pretend to be wolf/dog hybrids and therefor that would come in handy for those certain types of role plays. I think a little bit more creative freedom would be nice so people can have that emersion into a less likely scenario in life, while being able to make a story from it.

katlove
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie\Copper

Post by katlove » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:28 pm

Sierra Faith wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:36 pm
Well the reason why I thought about doing it that way is because for some people who don’t have the money to buy it as DLC can take the longer route if they want these certain attributes. Also I know Blue eyes is not realistic but in terms of role play some people could pretend to be wolf/dog hybrids and therefor that would come in handy for those certain types of role plays. I think a little bit more creative freedom would be nice so people can have that emersion into a less likely scenario in life, while being able to make a story from it.
I know this is copy-pasted all over the forums, but again, blue eyes/Collars/wings are not things Wild wolves would possess. It’s totally fine if your OC has blue eyes or superpowers(as long as everyone in the game is fine with it), but wolfquest itself is trying to be a realistic game. And again, nothing is really stopping people from doing whatever they want with their OC.

And if you want to play with customizations like these, then I think Wildcraft would be a good fit for you.

Last edited by katlove on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
if you lose yourself,
Your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight,
Remember who you are

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
-Bryan Adams

Sierra Faith
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Sierra

Post by Sierra Faith » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:45 pm

katlove wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:28 pm
I know this is copy-pasted all over the forums, but again, blue eyes/Collars/wings are not things Wild wolves would possess. It’s totally fine if your OC has blue eyes or superpowers(as long as everyone in the game is fine with it), but wolfquest itself is trying to be a realistic game. And again, nothing is really stopping people from doing whatever they want with their OC.

And if you want to play with customizations like these, then I think Wildcraft would be a good fit for you.

You bring up a good point, and I have played WildCraft, but the way they implemented the skins was a little off. I have resided more to Wolf Tales because of the smooth animation and detail plus some fantasy elements, so that would be a much better example of a game that implements non realistic attributes while keeping strong detail. I can respect that the developers like realism, its just that I don’t think that this game is being presented as strictly educational if RPing is even allowed and that multiplayer is a feature of the game. But I don’t have anything against it, just a little confusing to me.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”