Ideas for Future Updates

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Ideas for New Episodes/Future Updates

Post by Rustic » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:36 pm

rene-frankie wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:39 am
someone had previous suggested that when we open the emotes tab, the game slows down. to add to it,
i suggest that when we press E, it opens, and when we press it again, it closes. because trying to pick an emote while trying to keep your finger on the E key is hard.
for the scent mode, i wish the game didnt turn black and white, since when have to spend more time in the scent mode now, it could at least be more aesthetically pleasing, isnt that correct? i think the scent view should not be black and white, but normal. pressing v should only show the scents, and pressing it again could make the scents disappear. so no headcam mode either, pressing v should only show the scents without making it headcam view or black&white.
or at least, you could keep the headcam mode but not make it b&w, and make the scents a more prominent color so it can be seen better, but the b&w scent mode really bothers me xD
also last year there was a vote for a new animal, and i want to know will you be adding these animals to the game eventually? since they lost the vote we dont have these animals yet
Bighorn sheep
Pronghorn
Black bear
Bobcat
Porcupine
Beaver
Bison

edit: someone said there is now snow on amethyst mountain, i have yet to see it. where exactly is it??
Yes please to all of this!! I would definitely love it for sure if scent mode looked exactly the same as the actual game but with the scent trails and bubbles.... :D

Deilyn-camila
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Didi

Post by Deilyn-camila » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:55 am

The game wolfquest 3 is great, really beautiful.
I would like to propose an idea in relation to the Slough Creek map.
When the 2 wolves arrive at Slough Creek, there is a big storm coming, the winter is very rough for some wolves and it can be fatal for them. We will have to find prey to feed ... after the big storm which lasted 15 days ... Everything calmed down, so we will have to find a den for the new pack. :D
Secondly, I find that Slough Creek in winter passes too quickly on 2.7, and yet I think it's the most exciting because the survival of the wolves is at stake.
As the wolf is in the gestation period it could be seen with a big belly, and its speed and endurance will be low ... And thanks to this information, we players can more immerse themselves in the life of a wolf.
And finally as the female wolf is pregnant, it will be necessary that she eats more but the companion will have to help it, all depends on the personality of the mate ...
And please add footprints of wolves and other animals if you can.
Sorry for the long paragraphs, I saw a lot of documentary and I even went to Yellowstone (thanks to Wolfquest3) to learn more about the wolves.
All my support for develop episodes. :wolf:

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:05 am

Deilyn-camila wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:55 am
The game wolfquest 3 is great, really beautiful.
I would like to propose an idea in relation to the Slough Creek map.
When the 2 wolves arrive at Slough Creek, there is a big storm coming, the winter is very rough for some wolves and it can be fatal for them. We will have to find prey to feed ... after the big storm which lasted 15 days ... Everything calmed down, so we will have to find a den for the new pack. :D
Secondly, I find that Slough Creek in winter passes too quickly on 2.7, and yet I think it's the most exciting because the survival of the wolves is at stake.
As the wolf is in the gestation period it could be seen with a big belly, and its speed and endurance will be low ... And thanks to this information, we players can more immerse themselves in the life of a wolf.
And finally as the female wolf is pregnant, it will be necessary that she eats more but the companion will have to help it, all depends on the personality of the mate ...
And please add footprints of wolves and other animals if you can.
Sorry for the long paragraphs, I saw a lot of documentary and I even went to Yellowstone (thanks to Wolfquest3) to learn more about the wolves.
All my support for develop episodes. :wolf:
My thoughts on this:
Ideas like this aren't my taste, but this one I think could technically work.

1.) There should be more snow in the winter, because in 2.7 it was just mostly a calm snowy day with light snow. I think there should be more snowfalls, but also still calm days.

2.) Spring doesn't happen automatically, and I don't think there should be a snowstorm lasting for 15 days, but like I said, more frequent snowfalls that perhaps last for at least 2-3 days.

3.) Well, I don't really think the devs would want to add visible pregnancy on wolves. Remember, this isn't a mommy-simulator game, and some players may be uncomfortable with that.

4.) I think the idea of a preggo wolf needing more food would be cool, but that might put emphasis.

5.) Pawprints 100%. Let's just see what the devs will think of adding pawprints, because the pawprints imo in 2.7 were not as realistic (it looks like really thin snow with the pawprints).
---

I think in Slough creek we should be able to find more weaker elk, due to elk's food sources becoming scarcer and covered in ice. Since the elk calves will be young adults by the time it's winter, I can imagine elk hunts may take slightly more work. Also, by weaker elk, I don't mean visibly weaker but their health could be slightly lower. Elk and your wolf could move slower in the snow, but that could be a hassle instead of adding a challenge.

Maybe there's a way for a preggo wolf to need more food, like WQ could put slight emphasis if your female wolf is hungrier than usual.

Side note: pregnant wolves can actually still hunt, and they're not bedbound unlike a human, if that were to happen an entire litter would be at stake because 1 parent isn't efficient.
I think at the end though, players can just use their imagination ^
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

YellowEye009
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Ronnie

Hunting salmon?

Post by YellowEye009 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:45 am

How about adding Salmon to the game? I know that there’s already a lot of ideas and future plans but I don’t know if this is one of them. And I think it would be great to add some water food.
RonRon, member since 2013 <3

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:27 am

@YellowEye009 Due to the plentiful amounts of ungulates, wolves in Yellowstone don't prey on fish.
Pepper wrote:Yellowstone wolves haven't adapted to fish, unlike wolves of, say, the Pacific Northwest so fish are lower on our wish list than, say, bison.
Source: https://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php? ... 6#p2553126
More dev posts on the subject: https://wolfquest.org/bb/search.php?key ... mit=Search

Based on the latest patch notes, supposedly there are fish in the game ... but only for bald eagles to hunt.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

noir_187
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Alex

Post by noir_187 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:32 am

i mentioned scent rolling on the discord server, was told i should officially suggest it here, and so here it is

real wolves (and dogs as well) often roll in very fragrant smelly things like carcasses, plants, and poop (lol), usually because the scent seemed interesting to them and they’d like to share it with the rest of the pack, or maybe they just liked the smell and wanted it on them

this has the effect of covering the wolf’s scent. gameplay wise this could give players an advantage in hunts (their scent is more difficult to detect by prey), as well as making it so rival predators, dispersals, and pack wolves are less likely to find them while they’re sleeping. I noticed some players dislike having dispersals spawn nearby when their wolf sleeps, but it’s only realistic since obviously they can smell your wolf and will want to approach, this could offer a nice realistic way to address this for those players as well as add more immersion and another layer to the hunting mechanics
formerly PureBloodVampire
icon by LupinzPack

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:22 am

noir_187 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:32 am
i mentioned scent rolling on the discord server, was told i should officially suggest it here, and so here it is

real wolves (and dogs as well) often roll in very fragrant smelly things like carcasses, plants, and poop (lol), usually because the scent seemed interesting to them and they’d like to share it with the rest of the pack, or maybe they just liked the smell and wanted it on them

this has the effect of covering the wolf’s scent. gameplay wise this could give players an advantage in hunts (their scent is more difficult to detect by prey), as well as making it so rival predators, dispersals, and pack wolves are less likely to find them while they’re sleeping. I noticed some players dislike having dispersals spawn nearby when their wolf sleeps, but it’s only realistic since obviously they can smell your wolf and will want to approach, this could offer a nice realistic way to address this for those players as well as add more immersion and another layer to the hunting mechanics
I actually really like this idea! Perhaps scent rolling could be something players unlock at some point during the game, perhaps after finishing the "Learn to hunt" quest, and after that players can roll around in dust, plants, or other naturally smelly things to mask their scent to other competitors or prey, preventing other animals from detecting them over long distances. This is a pretty unique suggestion that I haven't actually seen before, but I think it actually makes a lot of sense and might make a good addition to the game at some point.

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:18 am

DinoDogDude209 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:22 am
noir_187 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:32 am

I actually really like this idea! Perhaps scent rolling could be something players unlock at some point during the game, perhaps after finishing the "Learn to hunt" quest, and after that players can roll around in dust, plants, or other naturally smelly things to mask their scent to other competitors or prey, preventing other animals from detecting them over long distances. This is a pretty unique suggestion that I haven't actually seen before, but I think it actually makes a lot of sense and might make a good addition to the game at some point.

Do wolves actually do this, I've never heard about this behavior in wolves? Also how does the ''scent mask'' come off? Would you have to run into a water source (not convenient imho). Wolves don't really do a ''surprise-attack'' method of hunting, stalking for example does not do anything but give the game a more ''immersive'' feel (wolves live in semi- prairie types of habitats, stalking/hiding would be impossible) The same can be said about ''scent masking''. Also I would prefer if I could come across dispersal wolves, I want to hide from the prey not the dispersals! And then suddenly, stranger wolves could become a lot less intimidating, which defeats the point of the danger of territories if you could just ''hide'' from them. I don't think it's realistic for wolves. Just some thoughts from me.

PS don't forget about approaching downhill, it's helped me get closer without being kicked.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Post by Arcturus221B » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:00 pm

Spectator cam/mode

With all these new AI behaviors added I thought it was a shame we can't get up-close to the animals and see what they're doing, and taking screenshots of fighting bull elk is really hard when controlling a wolf. So I thought... what about a spectator camera/mode? Similar to the photo mode (which should also be accessable from this mode), you would be able to take the camera and fly around the map freely to watch the NPCs in the area do their thing. I'd love to watch bull elk fight, stranger wolves hunt and eagles soar without being restricted to a certain distance or inevitably get my backside kicked because how-dare-you-be-in-our-territoy.

This should probably be seperate from the normal gameplay mode, otherwise people can just use it to find food instead of using scent. You should also be able to speed up time, maybe even be able to control the weather, but that'll probably cost quite some time and investment. I think it'll make a neat addition to the game.
☀ "Beттer тo Lιɢнт oɴe cαɴdle, тнαɴ Cυrѕe тнe Dαrĸɴeѕѕ" ★

noir_187
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Alex

Post by noir_187 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:13 pm

DinoDogDude209 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:22 am
i like the idea of unlocking it after reaching a certain point! things like that really add to a game's sense of progression.
since there's a lot of things a wolf can roll in, i think it would also be interesting if there were different types of scents which affect gameplay a bit differently. for example rolling in carrion may actually attract predators (but cover you from prey), while rolling in fragrant plants allows you to blend into the environment better (but the scent may not last as long)

GoldenBeauty wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:18 am
Do wolves actually do this, I've never heard about this behavior in wolves?

they do! here are a few articles on scent rolling behavior:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/drsophiayi ... cents/amp/
https://www.pedigree.com/dog-care/dog-f ... lly-things
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170608 ... smelly-poo

these articles are focused on dog scent rolling but it’s a real observable behavior in canines which wolves do as well as seen in this video posted by the international wolf center: https://youtube.com/watch?v=QJYgt2Ja2s0
and this one by the wolf conservation center: https://youtube.com/watch?v=7kNENEd34wA

Also how does the ''scent mask'' come off? Would you have to run into a water source (not convenient imho).

I imagine the scent mask would naturally wear off over time, but may wash away faster if the player enters water or if it rains. so, in gameplay terms, it would only be a temporary buff that could be negated.
Wolves don't really do a ''surprise-attack'' method of hunting, stalking for example does not do anything but give the game a more ''immersive'' feel (wolves live in semi- prairie types of habitats, stalking/hiding would be impossible) The same can be said about ''scent masking''.

wolves in nature don’t appear to do this strategically, no, but hiding their scent would be more of a side effect that players can utilize to their advantage. scent rolling in the real world is used by canines to share information with their pack, so this could also be used to bond with packmates if brought into wolfquest. for example your wolf may roll in something smelly and they return to their mate and pups, which may autonomously approach and sniff your wolf (increasing affinity as a result).

while wolves are primarily pursuit predators, they *do* stalk prey and try to minimize their presence when approaching a target because that offers the most chance of success. approaching downwind does help, but there could be a little more. maybe stalking doesn't do much in open land, but there are many areas in the map which offer greater coverage, so it would make sense to stalk and for it to affect the hunt instead of being purely aesthetic.

i don’t see any harm in encouraging more than just one playstyle and giving players more of a choice in how to approach hunts and making so their choice matters, especially as stats to come eventually.

Also I would prefer if I could come across dispersal wolves, I want to hide from the prey not the dispersals! And then suddenly, stranger wolves could become a lot less intimidating, which defeats the point of the danger of territories if you could just ''hide'' from them. I don't think it's realistic for wolves. Just some thoughts from me.

re: dispersals - some players note they would rather find the dispersals themselves instead of being found. in a way you could see it as a trade off: you’re more hidden from prey/predators but you’re hidden from dispersals too. this adds another element of choice: would you rather have an easier time hunting or finding a mate?

re: stranger wolves - masking your scent wouldn’t make you disappear of off other creatures radar entirely, just give you a stealth bonus which would lower the chance of a wolf finding you but the chance would still be higher than zero and the odds would grow the longer you’re in the territory with or without cover. there will always be a risk of being found so this wouldn't be just removing all challenge entirely, but merely something that adds a new dimension to the gameplay
formerly PureBloodVampire
icon by LupinzPack

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:00 am

Arcturus221B wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:00 pm
Spectator cam/mode

With all these new AI behaviors added I thought it was a shame we can't get up-close to the animals and see what they're doing, and taking screenshots of fighting bull elk is really hard when controlling a wolf. So I thought... what about a spectator camera/mode? Similar to the photo mode (which should also be accessable from this mode), you would be able to take the camera and fly around the map freely to watch the NPCs in the area do their thing. I'd love to watch bull elk fight, stranger wolves hunt and eagles soar without being restricted to a certain distance or inevitably get my backside kicked because how-dare-you-be-in-our-territoy.

This should probably be seperate from the normal gameplay mode, otherwise people can just use it to find food instead of using scent. You should also be able to speed up time, maybe even be able to control the weather, but that'll probably cost quite some time and investment. I think it'll make a neat addition to the game.
I like this idea as well! Perhaps spectator mode could be available in multiplayer games to allow players to just watch how things go, especially once the Pack vs. Pack mode gets added to the game. Maybe when all the spots for players in a server have been filled, new players could join and just watch everything in spectator mode. Of course, this would need to be an optional setting that the host could allow, otherwise you'd have tons of random people suddenly being able to join any game they want to. Perhaps it could be an easter egg or unlockable mode in singleplayer, separate from the main singleplayer campaign, or maybe it would be available under a separate tab when starting a new game. I think it should definitely be a completely separate gamemode in singleplayer though, otherwise it might impede gameplay a bit.

exleyal
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Anna

Post by exleyal » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:33 pm

An update I think would be really helpful is a settings controller like 2.7 had. I love how much control 3.0 gives over the graphics, but I've run into a major issue after leaving my game on Gorgeous Graphic quality. Every time I try to open the game, it crashed and I can't even lower the graphics quality to fix it, and so right now I'm kinda stuck. It's not an error with the game, but more my slow/old computer and my carelessness. It would be great to have a backup fix for this kind of issue, like a simple menu to set the graphics before the game starts, and then still allow players to customize the graphics quality once they can get into the game without it crashing immediately.

Lebron BMT
Pup
Pup

Post by Lebron BMT » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:41 pm

When you target a prey animal, that signals to your mate to attack that particular animal. Basically a way of communicating with your mate.

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition Achievements

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:30 pm

Currently, WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition doesn't have achievements yet. As such, I have compiled a list of possible achievements that could be added whenever achievements are added to the Anniversary Edition. Many of these are a little cheesy , but so were many of the achievements in 2.7. Some are also copied directly from 2.7 as a nod to achievements that were in the old game. Note that because the new Slough Creek episode hasn't been released yet, there are currently no achievements regarding anything from the Slough Creek mission arc or map, because we currently don't know what all will be in the new Slough Creek episode and map for WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition.

Locations Achievements (Amethyst Mountain only)

Ancient Trees: Visit the Fossil Forest

Ashes of Eden: Visit The Burn

The Namesake Mountain: Visit the Amethyst Summit

Lamar Lookout: Visit the Lamar Overlook

Wolf-Watching Mecca: Visit the Lamar Valley

Twin Falls: Visit Fairies Fall

Riverside Hangout: Visit the Lamar River

The Namesake Creek: Visit Amethyst Creek

Hopeful: Visit Hope Creek

Chalcedony Curiosity: Visit Chalcedony Creek

A Fine Specimen: Visit Specimen Creek

Creekside Explorer: Visit all creeks in Amethyst Mountain

Wapiti Warning: Visit the Wapiti Pack Territory

Junction's Justification: Visit the Junction Butte Pack Territory

Lost in Lamar: Visit the Lamar Canyon Pack Territory

Jack of All Territories: Visit all Pack Territories in Amethyst Mountain

Camping in the Backcountry: Find the Tent in Amethyst Mountain

Actions Achievements:

First Fawn: Kill a Mule Deer Fawn

Muley Mischief: Kill 5 Mule Deer Fawns

Fawning em' Off: Kill 10 Mule Deer Fawns

Doe Down: Kill a Doe Mule Deer

Doent Stop Me Now: Kill 5 Doe Mule Deer

Doent Stop Believin': Kill 10 Doe Mule Deer

Buckeye: Kill a Buck Mule Deer

Getting Our Buck On: Kill 5 Buck Mule Deer

Buckshot: Kill 10 Buck Mule Deer

The Deer Hunter: Kill one Mule Deer of each type

Many Mulies: Kill 30 Mule Deer (any type)

Buckmasters: Kill a Buck Mule Deer with a pack in Multiplayer

First Blood: Kill an Elk Calf

Natural Selection FTW: Kill 10 Elk Calves

Thinning The Herd: Kill 15 Elk Calves

Cow Down: Kill a Cow Elk

Cow on That!: Kill 5 Cow Elk

Cow of The Wild: Kill 10 Cow Elk

Very Spikey: Kill a Spike Elk

Spike in Performance: Kill 5 Spike Elk

Maverick: Kill 10 Spike Elk

Bulls-Eye!: Kill a Bull Elk

Quite a Bully: Kill 3 Bull Elk

Matador: Kill 5 Bull Elk

Elk Enthusiast: Kill one Elk of each type

Tired of Elk Meat: Kill 50 Elk (any type)

The Tables Have Turned: Get killed by an Elk

Teamwork: Kill an Elk Calf with a pack in Multiplayer

Elks Club: Kill a Cow Elk with a pack in Multiplayer

Elk Experts: Kill a Spike Elk with a Pack in Multiplayer

Elk Masters: Kill a Bull Elk with a pack in Multiplayer

Dinner Moosic: Kill a Moose Calf

Making Moosechief: Kill 5 Moose Calves

Once in a Blue Moose: Kill a Cow Moose

Duck Duck Moose: Kill 3 Cow Moose

Not Moosing Around: Kill a Bull Moose

Many Moosen: Kill 10 Moose (Any Type)

Don't Moose With Us!!: Kill a Bull Moose with a pack in Multiplayer

Getting Moosed Up: Get killed by a Moose

Moosen Master: Kill one moose of each type

Big Task For a Big Meal: Kill a Bison

Bison Breaker: Kill 3 Bison

Buffalo Wings: Kill 5 Bison

Fellowship of The Pack: Kill a Bison with a pack in multiplayer

An Easy Snack: Kill a Snowshoe Hare

It's Hare Season: Kill 10 Snowshoe Hares

Expert Wabbit Hunter: Kill 100 Snowshoe Hares

Outfox the Fox: Kill a Fox

Fox Frenzy: Kill 5 Foxes

Coyote Ugly: Chase off a Coyote

Coyote Menace: Chase off 5 coyotes

Coyote Nemesis: Chase off 10 Coyotes

Coyote Slayer: Kill a Coyote

Coyote Destroyer: Kill 5 Coyotes

Coyote Exterminator: Kill 10 Coyotes

Iron Wolf: Chase off a Stranger Wolf

Unstoppable: Chase off 5 Stranger Wolves

Big Bad Wolf: Kill a Stranger Wolf

Canines Rule!: Chase off a Cougar

Cowardly Kitties: Chase off 5 Cougars

Bye Bye, Kitty: Kill a Cougar

Fearless: Chase off a Sow Grizzly Bear

Loaded For Bear: Chase off 5 Sow Grizzly Bears

Courage and Skill: Chase off a Boar Grizzly Bear

Over Boared: Chase off 5 Boar Grizzly Bears

Just Embarrassing: Get killed by a Coyote

Crying Wolf: Get killed by a stranger wolf

Felines Take Over: Get killed by a Cougar

An Error in Judgement: Get killed by a Grizzly Bear

Big Bad Bison: Get killed by a Bison

Parkour!!: Jump off a cliff

Defeated by Gravity: Die due to fall damage

Hunger For The Hunt: Kill 10 Animals (any species)

Appetite For Destruction: Kill 25 animals (any species)

Overkill: Kill 50 Animals (any species)

Big Appetite: Eat from 10 carcasses

Hungry Like The Wolf: Eat from 25 carcasses

Mass Consumption: Eat from 50 carcasses

Heartbreaker: Reject a potential mate during the trial period

The Danger Zone: Enter a pack territory in Amethyst Mountain

Get Lost: Start a new game in the Lost River (Classic) map

Death From Above: Watch a Golden Eagle hunt a Snowshoe Hare

A Fine Catch: Watch a Bald Eagle hunt a fish in the Lamar River

Fox Watching: Watch a fox mousing

Wile E Coyote: Watch a Coyote catch a Snowshoe Hare

Clash of The Titans: Watch two Bull Elk fighting

Antler Clashing: Watch two Buck Mule Deer fighting

Missions Achievements (Amethyst Mountain)

Basic Survival Skills: Complete the Learn To Hunt Mission

Happily Together: Complete the Find A Mate Mission

Slough Who?: Journey to Slough Creek

Other Achievements (future updates):

An achievement called "Counting Sheep" for killing a certain number of Bighorn Sheep

An achievement called "Deep Impact" for watching two Bighorn Sheep rams fighting

An achievement called "Busy as a Beaver" for killing a certain number of Beavers

That's all the achievement ideas I have for now. I hope that the team will use at least a few of them once achievements are implemented in the Anniversary Edition.
Last edited by DinoDogDude209 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:32 am, edited 14 times in total.

Animalxpert20
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Animalxpert20 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 pm

I've played the new game and absolutely love it. So looking forward to the Slough Creek update, and I hope it comes soon (though I understand and respect the time it takes to make such a remarkable game).

Here are my hopes for Towerfall and the new Slough Creek level:

-Actually getting thirsty. I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but so far in Amethyst Mountain you can drink, but you don't get thirsty and as such don't HAVE to drink. I think there should be a thirst bar (that either exists and/or depletes quickly only on challenging/accurate or possibly only on accurate) that can be refilled a little bit by eating elk, since what the wolf is consuming is at least some percentage consisting of liquid, and refilled a lot by drinking water. This would be cool but I'm not overly concerned with it. Just a neat touch.
-Another note on water, wouldn't it be cool if the wolves (including mate and pups), prey and competition predators' fur gotta darker and dripped after it got wet from rain or from swimming? It would be a nice graphic touch that I'd enjoy.
-Bigger dens. It looks like a lot of people want this lol, and I do too - probably just in a different way. The dens don't need to be decoratable or dug by paw, but if you could at least climb down into the den that'd be nice for sure. Once again, not crucial, but it would be so fun and cute. Maybe your mate could climb in with the pups too and if they were inhabiting it, you couldn't fit lol. In 2.7 I found it frustrating that the dens were so small a wolf condo realistically never fit when in real life they would be big enough.
-Some changes on bird mechanics. I have no issue with how persistent ravens are to peck around a carcass, but maybe they'd actually act a little nervous when you growl and snap at them. Foxes and coyotes, too. They hardly run; it's irritating.
-When pups get older, it would be amazing for them to chase each other and play even when they're around six to eight months old. Animations and emotes where you could pin them or nip at them if they get out of hand would be incredible.

I also hope in the far future that someday you're pack could get a bit bigger. I imagine at least half of your pups would disperse to find a mate, but as in reality, maybe some would stay to be aunts and uncles to the new litter. I'm not sure, I just think it would be cool.

I've donated nearly a hundred dollars to this game. The devs are working hard! ❤️

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”