Ideas for Future Updates

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Ideas for New Episodes/Future Updates

Post by elkhunter123456 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:34 am

here are a couple of my idea's. *(although wolfquest is great and 3.0 will be even better!)
Bears could fish for salmon

golden eagles would also eat the carcasses

In episode 4 (i imagine that would be set in slough creek and would be when bison are added) maybe the yearlings from last year could help take care of pups.

Wolverines as mentioned by Concord Dawn. they would have less health then your wolf but would be very aggressive and fight till the death

These are just idea's. by no means do you have to add them. Wolfquest would still be awesome if you do not add them :P
Edit: AI predators fighting Other AI prey and predators.
Last edited by elkhunter123456 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:14 am

I like many ideas posted here but Concord Dawn mentioned some I could not agree with more. To be able to tell the pups not to follow you everywhere would be so helpful! Pre-hunting of course solves the problem but it would be a lot more fun to just actually hunt while on the journey. Or if the mate would make itself useful and bring food.

Panting - agree with you so much on that too!

Teaching the pups things would also add a lot to the gameplay. It only makes sense that when they're older they'll start their lessons on "how to wolf".
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.

Wolvixx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Weathering Heights

Post by Wolvixx » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:41 pm

Not really sure where to post stuff about the game and things you could add, but I'll do it here. (not sure if it will get seen though).

I love the idea of dawn rising and fog rolling in amongst the mountains. But I would really love to have something. Like as you're on a cliff side, watching the sun rise and it looks all hazy on the hills, you hear the echoing sound affects of a bull elk in the distance? Not much. But it would really add alot to the aesthetic of the game, and its just something I think would be an easy add!

Hope someone from the team sees this and takes it into consideration?
Last edited by Neamara on Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post merged into a more appropriate topic.

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 pm

So sorry if this has been mentioned before, but a hearing system would be really nice! It could be like scent view but with sounds. Press a key, your wolf slows down and sounds are amped up, and the music is turned way down.
An example would be, if you are looking for elk, and if they are close by, then you would hear them in "sound" view. It could be like the scents but instead of little orbs of smell, it would be sound waves.
That's a bit odd, don't you think?

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:03 pm

I think a better indication that a player is afk would help out with multiplayer functionality. I've noticed this problem a lot while playing WolfQuest. If a player in a server has to go afk and doesn't have time to let everyone know, it becomes more difficult for everyone else, especially if you're trying to do a pack rally. Whenever a player has been inactive for over five minutes (meaning they aren't typing in chat or pressing any buttons) an indication that the player is afk would come up, perhaps their name tag would change color, or maybe they would be listed as "Idle" in pack stats. This would help to prevent other players from getting confused about whether a player is currently active.
In addition to indications that a player is afk, I think something should be done to prevent new players from being able to join a server in which the host is currently inactive. I've noticed that this can cause problems, and here is an example:
A few months ago I opened a Roleplay server on the Lost River map, and there were five other players in the server. We had been roleplaying for about thirty minutes when I suddenly had to go afk because I had to go eat lunch. I told everyone else in the server that I would be afk for a little while. However, after I ate lunch, I forgot that I had left the server running, and I took a two hour nap. By the time I remembered that the server was still running, I had been afk for four hours. I went back to my computer to check on the server, and everyone who had been in the server before had left. Several players had joined the game during that four hour period, and they had all left not long after joining when they realized that I was afk and the server was inactive. However, after looking back through the chat log, I noticed that many of these players seemed very frustrated when they joined and tried to chat with me only to get no response. I felt pretty bad because all these players had joined the server during that time frame only to find out that they were wasting their time by doing so. When I saw this, I immediately closed the server.
So, to prevent these sorts of inactive servers being joined by new players who become frustrated when the host is unresponsive, I think that once a server host has been afk for over twenty minutes, the server should automatically close to prevent new players from joining and wasting their time like that, sort of like how players who kick excessively have their servers closed to new players in the current game.

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:09 pm

Polynesia wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:58 pm
I have a suggestion about sound tracking. The only means of finding prey is through scent, but wolves have really good hearing too, and there are so many animal sound effects in the game: elk bugle, coyote call, moose call, stranger wolf howl etc.

Instead of having a sound compass, which I think I suggested before but it would make the screen too busy, your wolf’s ears could turn to the direction of the sound, as an indicator to the player of where the sound is coming from. Like when dogs hear something (or any animal with moveable ears for that matter) their ears will rotate towards the noise to capture it better.

You would need about 4 to 8 small animations; north, west, south, east, and then it depends on whether you want the directions in between (northeast, northwest etc) for a higher precision, which makes 8 animations all together. Keeping in mind that for most of these animations only one ear will rotate, the exceptions being when the the sound is directly behind or in front of the player.

Idk, I think it would be nice to have more tracking options and make that aspect of the game more interesting, instead of always having to go into greyscale and look for coloured dots. Not that I don’t love the scent system. :)
prey sound and other indicators being overly large or overt all the time will cause some frustrated players. my suggestion is that prey sound and other indicators can be more and clearly noticable when you turn the scent view mode on and be less noticable, much like when a human would be able to notice when you turn the scent view mode off.

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:42 am

I don't have a lot of time to spent on the forum anymore, but just came here to post some thoughts that I hatched for a while during playing 2.7. I think they'd make sense in the new game too. :)

Seeing ping of the servers

People from all around the world play WolfQuest. To be honest I'm not sure how the host's or players' location, internet connection etc. affect performance in this game, but I'm guessing they might so seeing the ping might be useful.

Bug reporting in-game or otherwise

There are tons of lags and bugs and little things that occur and having an easy way to report them with a short video/gif or screenshot and explanation would make it efficient to let devs know. They could be categorized before sending for easier management.

Choosing the server before the wolf

This would be nice, neccessary even, because servers fill up fast and changing the wolf to one that is more fit to the server game takes a moment but might still be too long to make it in time. Also it's a little annoying.

Different server list for Rps

Now this is something I'd personally really like. I never roleplay and have even built up some hate towards the Rps filling the list leaving me with a lot of unneccessary servers to go through. Also others may feel like just roleplaying so this way they could check what's on at the moment easily.

Host settings for creative games

Some players are creative at coming up with different games and challanges. It would be helpful if the host could set on and off the map, nametags and scent view etc. This way no one could cheat on purpose or by mistake.

Map markers for all or host to use

Obviously to mark a spot. This is where we cross, this is where the other boot is, this is where the moose is etc. Could be helpful for those creative games too.

Changing server name later

This is not that importnant, but sometimes the game evolves to something else than it was originally. Moosehunt might turn to Floppy hunt for example or another game to mere chatting with others.

More clear friend list and messages

I don't know if it's just me, but I just get confused by the message and the friend lists. It's really inconvenient to use and well I don't use it. Ever. Which is a little sad. It would also be nice to have a way to indentify people later - they could have more of a profile or..?

Phrase chat with some sense to it

Now this is difficult I understand, but the phrase chat could really use some specific game-related sentences to explain yourself. It's not nice to just spam "no. no. no." to someone not being able to tell them why.

Wolf experience with purpose

The titles are nice, helpful even, but especially with new players it might be disappointing to find out their wolf is not going to get better in any way even if they make progress. Is there a wolf-realistic way to change this I wonder..?

Telling pups and mate do's and dont's

Like wait here, don't "help" me now, let's flee, attack this coyote with me... list goes on and on. I'd actually like them to have a choice and personalities, but maybe encouraging or discouraging them to do something..? Like a call to come here or cry for help when seeing a bear or..?

(How DO wild animals tell their cubs to wait anyway I've always wondered?!)

Feeling the environment and weather

Now wolves are quite the survivors and wont whine about things easily, but dipping into water in the middle of winter seems like something that uh, is cold, even for wolves right? So something to indicate that the wolf is cold/hot/hurt/happy/tired/scared/younameit would be just really cool and make the player "feel" the game stronger imo.

Ps: Psssst... Arctic WolfQuest..?
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.

DawnWings
Pup
Pup

Post by DawnWings » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:49 am

I have some new pelt suggestions. I think the team has said it's low priority at the moment, but I feel that customization in a game is very important, especially for a game like this, as it helps make the player feel more distinct, adds variety to choose from, draws more players to the game, and also really helps shows off the game's stunning graphics, so perhaps in the future adding more pelts would be considered? I know Wolfquest is trying to be as realistic as possible, so I'm only suggesting pelts based on real wolves:

Black wolves can turn white or gray as they age. It would be interesting if there were at least one or more pelts in the intermediate states, like partially black with gray or white mixed in. For a few examples:

This is interesting. The picture doesn't show the back, but the wolf appears to be gray with only the head and neck still being black:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fb/43/76 ... e71d31.jpg

This one appears to have been black, but now it is fading and has brown/cream tent throughout its fur:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2c/76/91 ... 17ca9c.jpg

Another stunning "chameleon" wolf:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/39/19/e4/3919 ... 84b422.jpg

This is just a few examples. Googling "Black Wolf Turn Gray" or similar shows many interesting ones to choose from.

Moving on from black wolves:

Both of these wolves are pretty. The one on the right in particular has some interesting markings around it's eyes, and It looks like possibly damage to it's ears?:
https://news.wttw.com/2019/01/16/brookf ... can-wolves

Here is a wolf with yellow patches in its fur:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... edit_1.jpg

I've seen white wolves with yellow tented ears, muzzles, part of their tails also being tented yellow. This would be neat to add as well. I don't have an example picture at the moment.

Just my suggestions. I didn't read the entire thread so some of these ideas may have been suggested already. I apologize if they have.

moonwolff2O
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Moon

Post by moonwolff2O » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:51 pm

Cattle Ranch in Slough Creek:
  • The cows and calf need actual turn and walk animations, plus the models themselves could be upgraded. I also noticed some visual errors in the fence around the cows. (The cows actually look a little wonky in their current state, hahaha.)
  • I personally think the Cattle Ranch map could be bigger.
  • The cows could harass the wolf when near a calf(Much like the elk).
  • You could try to attack the adult cattle, but more likely would fail in taking them down. Obviously, the better choice would be to attack the calves.
  • The map would synchronize with the day/night cycle, so you could hunt at either time, but the chances of a kill are greater at night when most of the livestock are sleeping.
  • There could be a chance that you wouldn't be shot at when quickly killing a cow/calf.
  • Maybe a chance of not being insta-killed when being shot at, especially when running.
  • In the distance, there could be an unreachable house from where the gunshot and canine barking come from.
Other bonus things:
  • If you were to use any noisy emotes here, you have a better chance of upsetting the dogs and being shot.
  • As suggested by another user, if you didn't consume all of your kill, there's a chance it could appear just outside the Ranch, but have a good chance of being poisoned. After eating it, you could suffer from points being deducted from your health until the effect wore off. This also makes it fair that if you were to take down a cow, it doesn't just despawn forever after you flee.
  • Maybe at night, you could see a simple light that illuminates the house when the dogs are barking, so the players without their audio on would know when it's time to leave. (Instead of just relying on the calf carcass despawning.)
  • No more teleporting to the Cattle Ranch, perhaps it could be near the edge of the map. (But I'm not sure exactly if that'd work because of the maps being larger, so it probably wouldn't be near the dens.)
Pups:
  • I agree with the suggestion that when it's time to search for a den, your female wolf (or female mate) should have more of a round stomach due to pregnancy, and maybe stats slightly reduced. I think it'd just be a nice little detail.
  • Maybe players could see their pups enter the den to hide when they're far enough away? Of course, the pups wouldn't go inside every time you left, but it would happen more depending on their personality? Maybe energetic/bold pups would stay outside the den more and lazy/humble pups would enter the den more often. Perhaps on one of the hard difficulty levels, it would be vital for your pups to hide because of a chance for predators to appear even when you're away.
  • When it is time to move to the rendezvous den site, the puppy models aren't as big as they should be. Wolf pups are usually 8 - 10 weeks old during this time, but the pup model looks more like a five-week old wolf pup. An 8 - 10 week old pup should also be able to trot/run, instead of the slow walk they current do in-game.
  • Pups should have a swimming animation when dropped in water. Of course, they wouldn't be strong enough at this age to swim for long, but maybe just long enough for a chance that your wolf could pick them up out of the water. (With the pup loosing little or no health.)

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:19 pm

moonwolff2O wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:51 pm
Cattle Ranch in Slough Creek:
  • The cows and calf need actual turn and walk animations, plus the models themselves could be upgraded. I also noticed some visual errors in the fence around the cows. (The cows actually look a little wonky in their current state, hahaha.)
  • I personally think the Cattle Ranch map could be bigger.
  • The cows could harass the wolf when near a calf(Much like the elk).
  • You could try to attack the adult cattle, but more likely would fail in taking them down. Obviously, the better choice would be to attack the calves.
  • The map would synchronize with the day/night cycle, so you could hunt at either time, but the chances of a kill are greater at night when most of the livestock are sleeping.
  • There could be a chance that you wouldn't be shot at when quickly killing a cow/calf.
  • Maybe a chance of not being insta-killed when being shot at, especially when running.
  • In the distance, there could be an unreachable house from where the gunshot and canine barking come from.
Other bonus things:
  • If you were to use any noisy emotes here, you have a better chance of upsetting the dogs and being shot.
  • As suggested by another user, if you didn't consume all of your kill, there's a chance it could appear just outside the Ranch, but have a good chance of being poisoned. After eating it, you could suffer from points being deducted from your health until the effect wore off. This also makes it fair that if you were to take down a cow, it doesn't just despawn forever after you flee.
  • Maybe at night, you could see a simple light that illuminates the house when the dogs are barking, so the players without their audio on would know when it's time to leave. (Instead of just relying on the calf carcass despawning.)
  • No more teleporting to the Cattle Ranch, perhaps it could be near the edge of the map. (But I'm not sure exactly if that'd work because of the maps being larger, so it probably wouldn't be near the dens.)
Pups:
  • I agree with the suggestion that when it's time to search for a den, your female wolf (or female mate) should have more of a round stomach due to pregnancy, and maybe stats slightly reduced. I think it'd just be a nice little detail.
  • Maybe players could see their pups enter the den to hide when they're far enough away? Of course, the pups wouldn't go inside every time you left, but it would happen more depending on their personality? Maybe energetic/bold pups would stay outside the den more and lazy/humble pups would enter the den more often. Perhaps on one of the hard difficulty levels, it would be vital for your pups to hide because of a chance for predators to appear even when you're away.
  • When it is time to move to the rendezvous den site, the puppy models aren't as big as they should be. Wolf pups are usually 8 - 10 weeks old during this time, but the pup model looks more like a five-week old wolf pup. An 8 - 10 week old pup should also be able to trot/run, instead of the slow walk they current do in-game.
  • Pups should have a swimming animation when dropped in water. Of course, they wouldn't be strong enough at this age to swim for long, but maybe just long enough for a chance that your wolf could pick them up out of the water. (With the pup loosing little or no health.)
I really like these ideas. The cattle ranch has remained almost unchanged since 2.5, and it's definitely in need of a makeover. While it's an interesting concept in WolfQuest, it always felt incomplete, like it was a last second addition to the game. The cattle ranch side mission (is that what it should be referred to as?) also feels very restrictive in how you go about it. I feel like the enclosure that the cattle are in should be bigger, and there should be more man-made objects outside it to make it feel less like just a random enclosure in the middle of the wilderness. A nearby barn, a farmhouse or similar building in the distance, and maybe a chicken coop would add a lot more life to the ranch. Maybe there could also be multiple calves within the enclosure itself (because what cattle ranch just has a bunch of cows and only one calf?) which you could choose from. Of course, you'd only be able to kill one calf before the commotion alerts the dogs who would then alert the farmer.

I agree with the idea of your pups visibly getting bigger over the course of the Slough Creek episode, as well as their personalities having a larger impact on the gameplay. The ability for pups to move faster during the journey would also be helpful, although I'd really like to see the pups start to move faster when the player is farther away, like the pups really want to keep up with you so that they can feel safer. With the maps being bigger in WolfQuest 3, the journey will likely take longer to complete than in 2.7, so the ability for pups to move faster could be a life saver. I'd also like to see the pups' hunger bar decrease slower, in the current game they're almost always hungry, which makes it nearly impossible to hunt during the journey, which is part of why players often surplus kill elk along the journey route, because all the pups will starve otherwise. It would also be nice to be able to hide your pups in the long grass during the journey while you and your mate can go and hunt. Your pups would stay there and sleep while you can go and get food for them. There would of course be a risk to doing this, because predators would still be able to smell your pups and players might come back to see that one of the pups has been killed, but that would only happen on certain difficulty levels. This system would be both more realistic and much more player-friendly.

Dangtino
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Jocopa

Post by Dangtino » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:50 pm

I recently went river rafting with my family, and I realized how dangerous some rivers really are! I think that, if there are any treacherous rivers within the Slough Creek map, making them just as treacherous in the game would be a fun concept. The dangers of crossing a river at a place where the water is flowing faster may make you take damage or be swept downstream.

Also, as mentioned by other players, updating the cattle ranch seems like something that everyone would enjoy. And, instead of teleporting to the ranch, possibly make it a permanent residence on the map. Dogs could be patrolling it to prevent you from getting too close, and you would have to sneak past them to get to the cattle or chickens. If you are too noisy, the dogs attack and you eventually will be shot. Also, if you are too near the house, you will be shot as well. It would be neat to have an animation of your wolf digging underneath the fencing around a coop or pasture!

Just some fun ideas!

DawnWings
Pup
Pup

Post by DawnWings » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:22 pm

moonwolff2O and DinoDogDude209 have some really good suggestions, many of which I feel are very necessary.
If we are going to have pups and cattle ranches in the game, they need to be implemented better, with updated models and more natural behavior for the cows and actual programed guard dogs to fight, the pups looking the correct age and not walking so unrealistically slow, etc..

About the cattle ranch:
I think that you shouldn't always die after one shot, and that you should have a good chance of getting away because no one always has such perfect aim.

Perhaps after making a kill there, traps with bait could spawn around the area? Like snares or those traps that snap onto an animals foot? They could do a lot of damage and be difficult or impossible to escape from. Your mate could also get trapped and killed on certain difficulty options, and you would need to find a new mate.

Being able to actually see and fight the dogs would be nice and far more realistic.
Their stats would depend on the breed used. Perhaps they should have less health and attack power than a wolf, to reflect that dogs are usually weaker than wolves? Or, if it's a larger dog breed they perhaps should have more health, but less bite power because of a dog's jaws always being weaker than a wolf's no matter its size? Some dogs have thick fur bred specifically for defense against wolves. If one of those breeds is used, perhaps it should deal little damage to bite the dog and/or you would need to aim for certain places, like the belly, to do more damage.

Perhaps when you kill dogs or too many cattle, they should take a period of time to respawn on the farm, to reflect that farmer's have a limited supply and it takes time to buy more to replace them? Perhaps days or weeks in game for them to respawn?

A very minor thing; it would be nice have an actual model for the farmer. I know wolves rarely attack people, so perhaps we wouldn't be able to actually bite or damage him in any way, but he could flee if we get too close?

I think the cattle ranch is a very interesting, important place, and I would like to see it re-added to the game in the future in a more realistic, freshed out, and polished manner.

Fenrir1105
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Fenrir

Post by Fenrir1105 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Okay here are my ideas for WQ 3.0! (Yes I will post more ideas when I think of some)

This color indicates that this idea is important!

Animations
-The stalking animation could use more work, it looks like something out of scooby doo, haha XD but I think a few things that should be adjusted to it are: making it's body more low to the ground like a mountain lion, making the head lower, making the body flow better since the wolf's body is very stiff and isn't loose like a wolf in stealth mode should be, and lastly the wolf should move more slowly in order to move silently. Here's what I mean:
https://i.imgur.com/ODlV924.jpg

Wolf Customization
- More freedom of how many scars they can add on their wolves, how big and small the scars can be, where the scars can be on the wolf's body, and what color they can be. For example, my wolf, I would like to add a long scar that goes along the side of his body.

-Giving players the ability to edit their eye colors whichever color they want, like a color wheel! so they can set the exact color that they want, and where their eye color can be literally any color of their choosing so they aren't limited. For example you can make something like this!:
https://i.imgur.com/m0oJ9PP.jpg

-Body shaping! Basically what I mean is allowing us to customize the body shape of our wolves, for example: having a more muscular body, a more defined and lean body, or allowing us to have a large back, muscular legs, bigger ears, et cetera.

-Allowing us to make our own fur color! What I mean is that we can make our fur any pattern, any shade, any different mix that we'd like! For example, if we wanted our wolf to look like this one:
https://i.imgur.com/sufY5Ro.jpg

-Fur length modification options! For example we can make our fur very short and thin or we can make it thick and long, like this!:
https://i.imgur.com/8VCqI6P.png

Gameplay
-There should be a combat system, like the wolves should be able to dodge attacks from any animal with the press of a key with some challenges and how the system works for your wolf based on their stats, for example: speed (how fast you hit/bite the opponent before they hit/bite you), strength (how much health you take-off of the opponent), stamina (how tired you get after hitting/biting the opponent and how long you can fight them before you need to slow down and rest, basically.)

-You should be able to get scars literally anywhere on your body from long and intense fights like bears, elk, other wolves, cougars, et cetera.

- SKILL TREES! You guys should add unlockable perks and skill points to grant yourself more abilities, nothing unrealistic that makes your wolf overpowered of course! But skills that make your wolf more capable of surviving, fighting, and hunting, for example: a skill that makes your growling intimidate animals a little easier and make them flee (with levels to that skill, like Level 1 Skill is it intimidates other wolves, the Level 2 skill makes your growling intimidate cougars and make them flee, and Level 3 Makes your growling intimidate Bears, and Level 4 makes your growling intimidate moose.)

-Have different columns of skill sets for the overall skill tree, like a Hunter Skillset (allows hunter skills to be
unlocked), Fighter
Skill set (allows fighter skills to be unlocked), and Survivor Skill Tree (allows survivor skills to be
unlocked).

-(MAYBE) The ability to increase ONE stat out of the 3, ONCE per level/rank, like increasing strength on level/rank 1 and then next
level increasing stamina. (This is only if you guys feel like this could be a good addition, but remember the balancing might be
different considering everyone will have different health and different stats every level on multiplayer. But also remember there
doesn't have to be a stat increase every level, there can just be skills and perks.

Here's an example of what I mean:
https://www.destructoid.com/ul/268325-r ... 4-620x.jpg

-A LEVEL SYSTEM!! You should make a level system to give players something to work up to, like from Rank 1 or Level 1 to Rank 100-200 or Level 100-200.

MESSAGING!!!
-PLEASE add the ability for messages to pop up on your phone when out of the game, like message notifications from Instagram, Snapchat, and iMessage does! You know, messages that pop up on your PC or phone that pop up on your screen whenever you are not playing the game so you don't have to be in the game to get the message notifications! I can't even tell you how many times I've missed my friend's messages because I wasn't in the game! If you can, I think it would really help everyone if you add the ability for any friend requests and messages from our friends on WQ 2.7/3.0 to pop up on our phone and/or PC saying something like "WolfQuest - Bella sent you a message!" or "WolfQuest - Bella: Hey Fenrir wanna play together? :D" that way we can click/tap on the notification and we can go into the game and respond to their message. By the way, other phone games have this addition. [/size]

- I think the dynamic email style message system is too bland and complicated, and it doesn't allow emojis and smilies unless you use these "=)". Is it possible for you guys to add the standard message system that iMessage, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and any other texting app has? It's on almost every social media application, even Wattpad! :O It would be cool if you guys could improve and make the message system more up to date and more with the modern style.

Missions
- You should be able to create your own story with decision making! You should be able to create your own story for your wolf (given the realism of course), which I do know that's what the bio is for in the wolf creation menu, but, I mean to implement it in the game, I've been doing lots of wolves with dark pasts and how they overcome their pasts and move towards their future, for example, my wolf, Fenrir, his parents were murdered when he was a pup and he was hunted by a pack trying to kill him for years, and he finally fights back and wins, and then he is in Yellowstone and tries to live a peaceful quiet life. That's what I mean, you should have the ability to create your wolf's story and make it however you'd like. Here are some ideas: your wolf should have the opportunity to go into stranger wolf territory, and whether they are friendly or not is determined on the pack, but you have the ability to join one out of the 3 packs, and even become an alpha if the situation calls for it! And hey you could even find a mate in this pack and bond together.

Multiplayer
-For WQ 3.0 I'm not quite sure if you guys planned on adding multiplayer or just planned on singleplayer, but just in case, PLEASE add multiplayer XD.

-Keep the server tick rates above 60hz so the server can register things properly.

-Please allow players to make their own servers as they can in 2.7, making either a private or public server and set whatever map, player slots, time, and chat type that they wish. Of course, keeping the names PG according to the rules.

-PLEASE allow more than 8 players in a server, considering the maps are more than twice as big compared to 2.7, the servers and maps could handle more than 8. I would suggest maybe 20-40 players? Of course, there should be options for how many players the server pack member could set, like they could make the server a max of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20 or more. More players would require some more memory to allow the servers to run properly I think, but it's well worth it!

-Allow people to do emotes with other wolves like courtship ones BUT making sure they don't become abusable and don't allow players to mess and troll with other players who are trying to roleplay! D: because those just ruin the experience of roleplay.

-Allow PvP! Now I'm not saying allow a player to fight and attack anyone they want, especially people who are roleplaying... but I am saying allow the option for players to fight each other, which WQ 2.7 lacked. Maybe add a system where they can request permission for the player to PVP with one another, like a pop-up window saying "Wolf111 wants to duel with you" or something and with a cooldown so it doesn't become something that turns to spam.

-Allow people to make their own packs in-game and then allow them to invite other players to their pack (removing the Wapiti, Lamar, and Junction packs in Multiplayer, BUT keeping them in singleplayer of course).

-Please keep censorships to a minimum unless absolutely needed D: I'm not being demanding when I say this or saying that you guys should remove the censoring completely, because you guys take it really seriously, but other players can agree that the censoring can get pretty ridiculous :( Like, I wanted to name my wolf Glass on 2.7 and the game wouldn't allow me to because there was a "bad" word in the name, and I had to name my wolf Gla55 :( and even on 3.0 my Bio got a couple **** things added on it, so it sucks when I can't make my bio how I'd like to (and NO I wasn't using bad words! It was a description about how my wolf had a dark past and the bio censored some of it :( ) I understand you don't want anything inappropriate on player's names, bios, and server chats, but guys, I remember getting really frustrated because I wasn't using any bad words and it still censored me both in 3.0 and 2.7. I don't want to sound mean, I just want to give some critique that the constant faultfinding with almost anything players do should be kept to a minimum and allow them some freedom besides really bad words and stuff, just my opinion and my feedback though, I don't mean to sound rude when I say this. :) It's just what I think would make players happy.

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:44 pm

1. Make time slow down when you bring up the emotes
I found it to be frustrating that I had to open up the emote tab and I had to choose the best option in real time, especially when I was trying to warn away enemies. They wont wait for you to respond, they just go in for an attack after they threaten you. So it would be nice if the time slowed down a lot while you are in the emotes tab.

2. Make carcass scent a lot stronger
I have found I lose so many carcasses in the game when I fight or chase off some enemies... only to not be able to find it again. Kind of frustrating.... I know we got custom markers but I dont think we should rely on them too much just to find our own kill again.

3. No eating while fighting
Sometimes when I chase enemies or fight then, I notice that my wolf absolutely loves to break the fight to go and eat from the carcass I am defending... because I pressed space at it to bite. Would be nice if eating was disabled while you have locked on a target. Would make fighting a lot more reliable.
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

Rebela
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Rebela

Post by Rebela » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:07 pm

Gargantor wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:44 pm
1. Make time slow down when you bring up the emotes
I found it to be frustrating that I had to open up the emote tab and I had to choose the best option in real time, especially when I was trying to warn away enemies. They wont wait for you to respond, they just go in for an attack after they threaten you. So it would be nice if the time slowed down a lot while you are in the emotes tab.

2. Make carcass scent a lot stronger
I have found I lose so many carcasses in the game when I fight or chase off some enemies... only to not be able to find it again. Kind of frustrating.... I know we got custom markers but I dont think we should rely on them too much just to find our own kill again.

3. No eating while fighting
Sometimes when I chase enemies or fight then, I notice that my wolf absolutely loves to break the fight to go and eat from the carcass I am defending... because I pressed space at it to bite. Would be nice if eating was disabled while you have locked on a target. Would make fighting a lot more reliable.
I definitely agree with all that!
I once died to stranger wolves because I couldn't get my emotes up fast enough :C I know how to get them to chill, but without some good space between you and them, they almost always get upset that you're not answering fast enough and go for the kill.
I'd love for carcasses to be stronger - it even makes sense realistically. I lose carcasses so, so easy without it being so strong.
I've never had the eating while fighting problem, but I like your suggestion!
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
SteamDeviantARTToyhou.se

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”