Phrase Chat suggestions

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Re: Phrase Chat suggestions

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:17 am

Anduril wrote:
Dasamidschol wrote:I wonder that we need 'Pups are Hungry!', 'Pups are in danger!', etc.
Pup-related phrases have been added in the latest patch, which should download through your launcher. "Pups are hungry!" is included, and so is "Defend the pups!" :>
It's like that-If a pup is named 'Luna' and another is 'Bala'. You can say 'Bala is in danger!', 'Luna is far behind!', etc.

lord_legendary_wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by lord_legendary_wolf » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:30 pm

maybe being able to say players names?

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:48 pm

lord_legendary_wolf wrote:maybe being able to say players names?
This is already possible in the "players" section.
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:50 pm

I'm in need of a "I'm back" chat option - I think I've said this before in this thread, but it's worth putting forward again. Maybe phrases like ike "Don't follow me!", or "Please change the time of day." would be useful, too, as well as a way to tell other players what level of difficulty they're playing on.

Ex: A player question: "What difficulty is this game set to?"

Host answers would be any of the four difficulties and a "I don't know." response.

And less of a phrase addition and more of a code modification: perhaps the player name list could be refreshed every time someone leaves/comes in? That way old names will be cleared out. I know in longer games, sometimes I'd want to address a newer joiner, but the list has already exceeded the length of the box, so I can't select their name. It's a bit bothersome!
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Dasamidschol wrote:
Anduril wrote:
Dasamidschol wrote:I wonder that we need 'Pups are Hungry!', 'Pups are in danger!', etc.
Pup-related phrases have been added in the latest patch, which should download through your launcher. "Pups are hungry!" is included, and so is "Defend the pups!" :>
It's like that-If a pup is named 'Luna' and another is 'Bala'. You can say 'Bala is in danger!', 'Luna is far behind!', etc.

I agree that pup names would be helpful. I experienced a multiplayer game with 'pup favoritism' where a person would solely feed and protect a single pup. I'd like to be able to say 'Put ___ down!' or 'Care for the other pups!'.

Also, I'll keep persisting: disabled chat please :3
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

rowantobias

Post by rowantobias » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:57 pm

duskypack wrote:
Dasamidschol wrote:
Anduril wrote: Pup-related phrases have been added in the latest patch, which should download through your launcher. "Pups are hungry!" is included, and so is "Defend the pups!" :>

I agree that pup names would be helpful. I experienced a multiplayer game with 'pup favoritism' where a person would solely feed and protect a single pup. I'd like to be able to say 'Put ___ down!' or 'Care for the other pups!'.

Also, I'll keep persisting: disabled chat please :3
Something along the lines of 'Put that pup down!' would probably suffice instead of using the name of the pup! Though, that said, I could still see that it'd be useful to allow users to state the name of their pup in chat for stuff like this.

I also really would love disabled chat again! I can't really think of any drawbacks outside of notbeing able to see usernames (even in Pack Stats, you can only see wolf names, not player names). To that, I propose a solution: Though chat would show up in the bottom left like usual and would relay leaving/entering messages (like Cosla@altias has joined the game, for example), while doing one of two options:

Option 1: disable the 'c' key entirely. You can scroll by disabling point-view or by opening the emotes panel already if you really need to scroll through to see who's joined in the past.

Option 2: allow the 'c' key to be bound to chat like usual, but with no submit button and a notice that says 'Chat has been disabled for this game.' with a 'close' button beneath it.

I think either option would be viable!

ETA: as another part of the disabling chat deal - perhaps, when 'c' is pulled up, you can see a tab with the list of players and their wolves (akin to what you see in the ''Players" tab in Phrase Chat minus extra options), but without the option to input the names into any text-box. It'd be unclickable, but you could still see everyone's names (player and wolf-wise)!

Xela Winchester
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Xela Winchester » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:08 pm

How about something along the lines of "the territory needs marked!" ? :wolf:
"Are you chasing something, or running away?"
-The Outsider, Dishonored

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:10 pm

I also feel disabled chat should make it's comeback. In 2.5 it was a bit glitchy, which I understand if it's being bothersome to the people who code the game/fix bugs, but why has it gone?

I also think saying pup names would be nice too, and think maybe a "Listen to me!" because some people don't listen to others when they want to say something.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

rowantobias

Post by rowantobias » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:06 pm

Alright, after a little bit of thinking, I have a couple other suggestions that'd be useful!

In response to "can I join your pack?" or as an addenum to it, you could have an option to say "I have no pack." Oftentimes, people will ask, but I'm never certain whether there's even a 'pack' in the server!

When hunting, it might be useful to change "Chase the elk to me!" to "Chase the elk to" so that you can direct where to chase it to - you could still add 'me' at the end, or you could specify a location (especially useful for co-op servers, when you want to set up carcasses along your future travel route).

And I'd definitely like to second the "Please mark the territory." suggestion - either I do it or no one does, usually, haha!

-Amsel-

Post by -Amsel- » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:39 pm

I think that "I don't know." and "I know." would be very helpful. also, is there going to be another phrase chat update any time soon?

SmileForMe
Pup
Pup
Name: Kasper

Post by SmileForMe » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:18 am

Yesterday I was having an issue with another pack member continuing to mark the territory so we couldn't finish the defend your pups mission, perhaps something along the lines of stop marking territory? It would be very helpful because all I could really say was "Stop! Please?" and they didn't understand so they kept doing it.
Dag image (c) Dawnthieves

Nevara
Pup
Pup
Name: Kiki

Post by Nevara » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Maybe things like "Can you make the game mode harder?" "Can you make the game mode easier?" "Keep the game mode the same" "The pups are following you, so stay in the front" would be nice
Alto saxophones forever~

Icon by LupinzPack

LittleReindeer
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LittleReindeer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:55 am

Perhaps removing punctuation from the available options? Sometimes there s a word I want to use, but it doesn't have a question mark or whatever, so I makes it sound like I'm asking/saying something else instead (i.e den? vs Den.)

Also, perhaps a phrase like "Could someone check the river" / "Could someone find a way across?" / "___ Could you please check the river?" / "I'll check the river" I've really needed a phrase like this when we are trying to cross the river, but 4/5 of us are busy defending/feeding/transporting the pups.

Also perhaps "Which den should we pick?", "Getting warmer/colder" (for hide and seek or something), numbers 1-9 so people can count to 10 or whatever.

Dydraness
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Dydraness » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:58 pm

A scrolling option would definitely be helpful. also a favorites/most used tab and maybe the ability to set up hotkeys for different phrases/words would make it easier to use. Anything that lets players get to what they need to say quicker. unless you've memorized where each phrase is it can be hard to communicate quickly on a hunt

Timber14
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Timber14 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:01 pm

I have been having the problem of other players over hunting, or that's all they want to do.
It would be nice to be able to say:
Please stop hunting.
Stop hunting.
____ please stop hunting.
Only hunt when there's no carcass.
No over hunting.

Also, it would be nice to be able to say:
Can you make the game mode harder?

It also might be nice to be able to say that you're the pack leader, but that might be a problem if others started using it.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”