Your Favorite Thing About WolfQuest!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

SummerWolfyy
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Your Favorite Thing About WolfQuest!

Post by SummerWolfyy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:31 am

I've been on WolfQuest since I was around 7 years old. I didn't understand much of mulitplayer and therefore was constantly joining random servers and got frightened when people said they would kick me off XD My favourite thing, and still is, the pups and how adorable they are! When someone told me (I'm not entirely sure if this is true) that WolfQuest 2.5 was going to have amazing features back when I had the original, I was extremely excited. Apparently there was a choice between becoming the pup, resting and some other features, so I was desperately wanting the pup feature to come true. :lol: I'm currently installing WolfQuest 2.7 right now and it is almost completed, should be worth the money as usual!

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Sun May 15, 2016 6:33 pm

My favorite part of the gameplay are the new Emotes. I love wolf behaviorism.

My favorite part of the game in general is meeting new people and making friends. I met my bestie Riley on here. I still dont know her in real life but she's awesome and great at roleplaying and just storytelling in general.

Samber
Name: Akira

Post by Samber » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:16 am

I have many things that i love WolfQuest about, but i think my favourite thing is how WQ teaches people about wolves in a realistic way, many people see wolves in a way they are not (wolf-dragon hybrids, wolves with powers etc etc.) I don't have anything againts that, but sometimes you need to look at things in the way they actually are C:
─ are you calling me a sinner?
av©lupinz
x
X
X

not active anymore

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:24 pm

The scenery and the hands-on experience is what keeps me coming back to Wolfquest. The experience itself--hunting elk, caring for pups, and interacting with other wolves/players--brings me as close to being a wolf as I had always wanted to be. Wolfquest demonstrates the simple complexity of the life of the wolf which is often misunderstood. My favorite thing about Wolfquest has to be the fact that it taught me so much without "telling" me anything. I was taught of the simplistic life of wolves through experience. It was an amazing experience--and still is, at that.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:53 am

Tsuri wrote:The scenery and the hands-on experience is what keeps me coming back to Wolfquest. The experience itself--hunting elk, caring for pups, and interacting with other wolves/players--brings me as close to being a wolf as I had always wanted to be. Wolfquest demonstrates the simple complexity of the life of the wolf which is often misunderstood. My favorite thing about Wolfquest has to be the fact that it taught me so much without "telling" me anything. I was taught of the simplistic life of wolves through experience. It was an amazing experience--and still is, at that.
Tsuri has it all covered, but I'll just add this; my favorite thing about this game are the people I met throughout my experience. They really give it shine here and there. If it wasn't for them I would've stopped any interaction with it.
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:05 am

Since the game has recieved a lot of new updates recently, I'm curious as to whether people's favourite feature of WolfQuest has changed at all? I've seen that there has been a lot of discussion on other topics concerning the cougars and foxes, so may be fair to assume that they now might be some of the favourites in WQ.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Battleground
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Battleground » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:32 pm

My favorite thing about WolfQuest is the same now as it had been when I first began playing: realism and accuracy. No anthropomorphic (which, bear in mind, is my favorite genre of fiction) wolves, nothing fantastical, no perpetuating misconceptions of gray wolves (from both sides of the 'wolf war'), using terms like 'breeding pair' vs. alphas, little details like not being able to eat coyotes and red foxes despite being able to kill them (reflecting how gray wolves kill more vulnerable predators as competition, not as food), etc. Games like this aren't thick on the ground, and I'm glad that it's not just still around, but having improvements made. I hope it continues to get the opportunity to expand.

FuzzyDesertPaw

Post by FuzzyDesertPaw » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:17 am

Well my favorite thing on WolfQuest is the emotes in 2.7.1.I'm sure it's better to show tail up emote,not to chat: "*tail up and grows*". But also the cougars and foxes are great.The crow effect and the bird song are amazing too.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”