All the WQ Players Summed Up

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

All the WQ Players Summed Up

Post by Celestial-Howl » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:28 pm

This may sound like stereotyping, but this is my list of all the annoying players you may encounter on WolfQuest. I decided to sum them all up in a nutshell. Enjoy! :D

The Mate Beggars: This person joins your game only to follow you around begging for you to be their mate. This clingy behavior is often seen by girls.

The Flirts: This type is mostly boys, they get into fights over the girls and constantly try to flatter you.

The Advertisers: These people jump into your game to steal pack members, they advertise their pack and server in all the wrong places.

The Power Players: These guys pretend they have superpowers, they often join Realistic RPs only to ruin them. Their wolves have things such as changing eyes, shape shifting abilities, and other crazy stuff.

The Drama Pups: These people join a game and ask to be a pup, when they are, they come up with the most dramatic tragic backstory ever heard. They claim they survived winter as a newborn after watching their parents get mauled by a bear.

The Poofer Fish: These people join a game, sit still, and then disconnect. They often repeat this many times after.

The Other Rps: These people create games that have nothing to do with wolves, many of them are human and supernatural creature rps. Followed by the horse and elk rps, these people need to learn what game they are on.

The RP Crazies: These guys join a game, ask if it is an rp, even if the title clearly states it isn't. Then they get flustered and leave the game.

The Boss: These people join a game where you are a leader, but they take over your game in a boisterous way. This causes many players to quit.

The "Super" Wolves": These wolves that join aren't mean, but fairly annoying. They come into your game acting normal, but end up saying they vaporized you at some point.

The SAVING Servers: These servers are created by people who have poor planning, they obviously don't know when their friends are online.

The Runners: I call these people the runners because they join a a game only to run away from you and your pack, then it is impossible to rally.

The Quiet Ones: These people join a server only to never say anything, yet they still follow you around.

The Lagger: These players are fairly normal, yet their game lags constantly so you can't hunt or do anything with them.

The Internet Problem Person: This kind of player is fairly normal, but their internet never seems to work, so they keep poofing in and out.

There are many more that I can think of, but if you have any or would like to relate, feel free to add!
:P
Last edited by Celestial-Howl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

Kemu
Pup
Pup

Re: All the WQ Players Summed Up

Post by Kemu » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:16 am

Looooool. I find your analysis to be fairly accurate. xD
Would have expected to find this post in "Multiplayer Pet Peeves," however.
Considering that not all players are this way.
Just the unrefined ones.
But good post.
xD

[Edit: The Reality Sticklers - People who roll their eyes at the first sign of unrealistic story-telling in RP.]
[I am generally one of these in-game. xD]
#rally

~P.r i c k l y P i n e~

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Hypnotic

Post by amethystrose » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:20 pm

I've got two for ya!
1. The Server Questioners: People come into your server only to question it and not do anything else.
2. The Criticizers: People come into your server only to criticize it. These are the most annoying people ever.

[Want a background story of why I say these? Ask away!]
[Hypnotic Phrases]:
~The deeper you go, the better you feel. And the better you feel, the deeper you go~.
~Relax Deeper~

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Celestial-Howl » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:05 pm

amethystrose wrote:I've got two for ya!
1. The Server Questioners: People come into your server only to question it and not do anything else.
2. The Criticizers: People come into your server only to criticize it. These are the most annoying people ever.

Lol, I would like to hear why you say that. Here are my experiences with my list.

Mate Beggars: I had a boy in my own server that followed me and wanted me to be his mate. I quit the server, he was really annoying, he said he wanted to "Pick up the alas".

Flirts: I had one guy that all he did was follow me and say cheesy pickup lines.

The Advertisers: A girl joined my game saying 'Please join Shadow pack, it has great players and a awesome host, join join join." Then she left.

The Power Players: Someone joined a Realistic Rp I was in and kept saying stuff like, "Jumps off the cliff like grasshopper." Or "Looks at you and melts your face."

Drama Pups: A pup once told me his parents died when he was 2 days old, he lived the winter, fought off a hunter when he was a pup, and killed a bear. Yeah, like that's possible.

Poofer Fish: Nuff said.

Other Rps: MLP Rps, Ice Cream Rps, Harry Potter Rps, Human Rps, etc. This list could go on and on...

RP Crazies: Someone got all offended that my ElkHunt game was not a Vampire Rp...

The Boss; This one person joined a game only to be a huge jerk to everyone else in my server, he threatened people on my server for being here. Then everyone quit until I ended the game, it really stunk because we were having blast before he came along.

SAVING Servers: They kicked me right out even if they have like 3 open spots.

The Runners: I had a person in my server that only ran around like a lunatic, she wouldn't come and rally with us and just spammed the box with lol a million times.

Quiet Ones: I had a guy who joined my game and never said anything, it got really annoying because we couldn't communicate.

Lagger: I had a person who ordered everyone to stay out of hunting grounds because it crashes his game. We couldn't have any fun.

Internet Problem: I had a person who claimed she kept losing connections, finally someone beat her to the last spot at some point.
Last edited by Celestial-Howl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sat May 23, 2015 12:02 pm

I totally fall into the last two categories. I'm in a really good RP, and then my computer just decides that it's the best time ever to shut down on me.
Love this list, it's pretty accurate. Ooh ooh wait you missed one: the graphic mate RPers. Ugh.
Last edited by Noctis_ on Sat May 30, 2015 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by amethystrose » Sun May 24, 2015 11:38 am

Celestial-Howl wrote:
amethystrose wrote:I've got two for ya!

Lol, I would like to hear why you say that. Here are my experiences with my list.

Mate Beggars: I had a boy in my own server that followed me and wanted me to be his mate. I quit the server, he was really annoying, he said he wanted to "Pick up the alas".

Flirts: I had one guy that all he did was follow me and say cheesy pickup lines.

The Advertisers: A girl joined my game saying 'Please join Shadow pack, it has great players and a awesome host, join join join." Then she left.

The Power Players: Someone joined a Realistic Rp I was in and kept saying stuff like, "Jumps off the cliff like grasshopper." Or "Looks at you and melts your face."

Drama Pups: A pup once told me his parents died when he was 2 days old, he lived the winter, fought off a hunter when he was a pup, and killed a bear. Yeah, like that's possible.

Poofer Fish: Nuff said.

Other Rps: MLP Rps, Ice Cream Rps, Harry Potter Rps, Human Rps, etc. This list could go on and on...

RP Crazies: Someone got all offended that my ElkHunt game was not a Vampire Rp...

The Boss; This one person joined a game only to be a huge jerk to everyone else in my server, he threatened people on my server for being here. Then everyone quit until I ended the game, it really stunk because we were having blast before he came along.

SAVING Servers: They kicked me right out even if they have like 3 open spots.

The Runners: I had a person in my server that only ran around like a lunatic, she wouldn't come and rally with us and just spammed the box with lol a million times.

Quiet Ones: I had a guy who joined my game and never said anything, it got really annoying because we couldn't communicate.

Lagger: I had a person who ordered everyone to stay out of hunting grounds because it crashes his game. We couldn't have any fun.

Internet Problem: I had a person who claimed she kept losing connections, finally someone beat her to the last spot at some point.
Alright. Here are my reasonings for my "Server questioner" people and "The criticizers".
Server Questioners: This LITERALLY happened to me multiple times. People come into my server and are like, "What is this server about?" "Why is the server called (Insert server name here)?" (My server was called: "Hypnosis" btw. I changed my server title just for the sake of everyone else... Im probably in the range of "Other Random RP's", but whatever...) and so on... They NEVER take the time to read what the server is called, so they always have to ask me. What are they? BLIND? :/

The Criticizers: These are the people who would be mean to me about my server title. Like one time, someone came into my server and they ranted at me for not putting "RP" in the title. They even ranted at me about the name of the server itself!! These are the most annoying people ever. I hated those people. They made me want to scream at them, because... god forbid that I should be creative in my server... >.<
[Hypnotic Phrases]:
~The deeper you go, the better you feel. And the better you feel, the deeper you go~.
~Relax Deeper~

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun May 24, 2015 11:39 pm

One time, during one of the first RP games I had ever joined....I encountered a 'wolf' who not only was incapable of dying or getting wounded in any sort of way, but also somehow managed to BACKFLIP off of a TREE, land on my wolf's back, and tear it to shreds with its claws. This was during a "realistic" wolf RP.

That kind of turned me off of RPs. I get that they are there for people to have fun, but when you insist that your character WILL NOT die (even after everyone gangs up on him) or that he will always dodge all attacks forever...its very annoying. Just admit defeat. The best characters have flaws.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Captain Rora
Name: Anda, Rora/Roars, Lawrence
Location: The Point of N̨̗̠̲͔͍̘͜o̫̟͍͉͔̲̠ͅ ̢͈͎̝͎͍̳̥R̨̧̜̣̰̣̟͙e̘̗̣͓̝͓̺̹t̨͈̠̯̙̤͚̭ų͎̖̞̦̲̬ͅr̡̙̥̹̩͓̣̣n̖̠̪͚̩̞͈͙

Post by Captain Rora » Mon May 25, 2015 3:14 am

These types aren't necessarily annoying - although they are to some people, such as The RP Crazies - but since this topic title is "All The WQ Players" I thought that they'd fit in.

The Anti-N00B: The ones [aka, nearly everyone] who hate people asking "what is RP?" or "what is alas/led/meats/someotherMPtermthinghere?" and other questions that people who have been on WQ more than a month would probably know the answer to.

The Hunter: The people who love hunting or always hunt in any server, RP or not, with people with glitchy games or not. They normally get mad at someone for killing their elk that they were hunting alone. Some have been known to not bow when they get glitchy on other people's screens, and would rather concentrate on killing that bull. [I think I fall under this category, although I don't join a server that's goal is something else just to hunt, and I do indeed hunt despite if it's a RP or if there are people who yell at me not to hunt because they will lag out xD]

The Strategist: The people who love to practise and use special techniques when hunting. They normally get mad at people ruining their strategy, and some types are quite bossy. [Also me.]

The Howler: These people tend to never shut up. They will always howl after, during or before hunting and will tend to howl in RP a lot. The particularly loud ones can mess up a rally and take away your bonus mid-hunt.

The Lonely Singers: A sub-type of Howlers and Mate Beggars. They "howl for meat" often and will normally act sad if they don't get answered or simply post the line "but no reply..." afterwards.

The Chatterbox: Those who are always talking during RP or just join servers for a conversation.

The Loonies: Not necessarily crazy, just fun-lovers who enjoy a laugh. The people who love to mess around and talk about stupid stuff and do stupid things, normally with their friends, although they can sometimes also do so with complete strangers. [Me again. cx]

SolitaryHowl wrote:One time, during one of the first RP games I had ever joined....I encountered a 'wolf' who not only was incapable of dying or getting wounded in any sort of way, but also somehow managed to BACKFLIP off of a TREE, land on my wolf's back, and tear it to shreds with its claws. This was during a "realistic" wolf RP.

Lawl, I had a similar experience when I first joined, except they didn't try to kill me but saved this chic from poachers like, five times by using guns.
Last edited by Captain Rora on Mon May 25, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- A U R O R A -
).........(\_
((.____/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (.;._ \\
DISTANT BLOODS PACK
- HEY AH HEY AH ♥︎
The Box of S̱̪̘̖̙͇̱̜͚̝͜ͅh̢̡̳̬̗̖͎̞̠͖̱ͅa̫̹͉̫̗͉̞̰̖̣͇̗m̤͖̖͎̖̼͔̯̤̩̪̫ḛ̡̠̗͉̰̳̰̞̫ͅͅ

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Celestial-Howl » Mon May 25, 2015 7:16 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:One time, during one of the first RP games I had ever joined....I encountered a 'wolf' who not only was incapable of dying or getting wounded in any sort of way, but also somehow managed to BACKFLIP off of a TREE, land on my wolf's back, and tear it to shreds with its claws. This was during a "realistic" wolf RP.

That kind of turned me off of RPs. I get that they are there for people to have fun, but when you insist that your character WILL NOT die (even after everyone gangs up on him) or that he will always dodge all attacks forever...its very annoying. Just admit defeat. The best characters have flaws.

LOL. I had a similar experience like that. I was hosting a RP and this guy just joined acting normal, but then he turned into this insane super wolf who vaporized one of my packmates, jumped off a cliff like a grasshopper and squashed a rabbit, dodged every attack, super-sped across the map, parted the river like it was the red sea, and then finally he decided to get wings and tear me apart with telepathy. I swear I'm not kidding.
Last edited by Celestial-Howl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by amethystrose » Mon May 25, 2015 10:48 am

Celestial-Howl wrote:

LOL. i had a similar experience like that. I was hosting a RP and this guy just joined acting normal, but then he turned into this insane super wolf who vaporized one of my packmates, jumped off a cliff like a grasshopper and squashed a rabbit, dodged every attack, super-sped across the map, parted the river like it was the red sea, and then finally he decided to get wings and tear me apart with telepathy. I swear I'm not kidding.
Powerplayers and God-modders! Those people are soooo annoying! Although I have never encountered people like that, but by just reading stories from other people, I can already tell that people who act like that don't know how to RP correctly. It's not fair to the other players. It's like, "Um you can't do that... " when they dodge every single attack and make themselves indestructible. It's also annoying when in a REALISTIC RP server and they do that kind of thing, then they're so stupid they don't get the definition of "realistic". Jumping off a cliff and not dying, blasting someone in the face with eye lasers or whatever, being more powerful than everyone else, is not realistic. So I agree with everything that was said.
[Hypnotic Phrases]:
~Relax Deeper~

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Mon May 25, 2015 3:40 pm

• Don't forget about the...

Secret Agents: Users who join a multiplayer game for the sole purpose of reporting misbehaviour in Multiplayer games.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Celestial-Howl » Mon May 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Nordue wrote:

Secret Agents: Users who join a multiplayer game for the sole purpose of reporting misbehaviour in Multiplayer games.
That is SO me. I love catching troublemakers, I seem to enjoy it too much. :twisted:

Captain Rora
Name: Anda, Rora/Roars, Lawrence
Location: The Point of N̨̗̠̲͔͍̘͜o̫̟͍͉͔̲̠ͅ ̢͈͎̝͎͍̳̥R̨̧̜̣̰̣̟͙e̘̗̣͓̝͓̺̹t̨͈̠̯̙̤͚̭ų͎̖̞̦̲̬ͅr̡̙̥̹̩͓̣̣n̖̠̪͚̩̞͈͙

Post by Captain Rora » Mon May 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Hmm, do any of you guys see The Threateners anymore?

The Threateners: They will threaten to report you or kick you out if you try to correct them about something, such as the rules or realism.

And also, I forgot another that I fall under sometimes...

The Mock-ers: People who enjoy mocking the WQ terms and rule-breakers by copying their actions or acting like you're new to the game. A good example of this would be leading someone to an elk carcass when they ask for a "meat." These players a slightly trollish in behaviour.
Nordue wrote:

I giggled evilly at that, not sure why. cx
- A U R O R A -
).........(\_
((.____/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (.;._ \\
DISTANT BLOODS PACK
- HEY AH HEY AH ♥︎
The Box of S̱̪̘̖̙͇̱̜͚̝͜ͅh̢̡̳̬̗̖͎̞̠͖̱ͅa̫̹͉̫̗͉̞̰̖̣͇̗m̤͖̖͎̖̼͔̯̤̩̪̫ḛ̡̠̗͉̰̳̰̞̫ͅͅ

FoxyWolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by FoxyWolfy » Mon May 25, 2015 6:58 pm

I can't believe it. You guys are forgetting the most amusing of all.

The Normals: Friendly, rule following Wolf-Questers that know how to rp and give you a great server. The best, coolest kids around, although they are quite a rare kind.
ғσxүкιηs
´*•.¸ тнε cυтεsт ℓιттℓε¸.•*´
gσσғ
σғ
´*•.¸ρσσғεү¸.•*´
ғσσғs
Signature/Av©By:SinnedAshes/wolfwhisp

Newbie-Teacher Program
Great Travelers Pack

Arctica10
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Local Supercluster, Universe

Post by Arctica10 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:13 pm

Oh, and let's not forget the...

Poacher-Paranoids: These players always seem to think there are hunters on their trail, or spoil an amazing rp by screaming, "Hunters!" and falling to the ground, apparently "shot". They then proceed to spam "Help help help!" as they live through a usually fatal injury. If they get no response they get up, magically healed, and go right beside you only to crumple to the ground again and repeat the act. I personally like to ignore these players simply to see how they react, or I say: "This is Yellowstone. There are no hunters." These people can get on my nerves. I summed up the type with the help of the "MP Pet Peeves" posts I've read.

Arctic Beta
T h e. G r e a t. T r a v e l e r s. P a c k
We show up, we gonna show out.
Pack signature by Rabetiiva

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”