Sharing WQ with Friends & Family: Your Experiences

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Blurrblez
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Sharing WQ with Friends & Family: Your Experiences

Post by Blurrblez » Tue May 31, 2016 9:57 am

Back when I first started playing Wolfquest I managed to get an online friend of mine at the time to play it. We played multiplayer a few times I think but she stopped playing it and eventually my computer decided it no longer liked the game.

A year or so ago, before 2.7 came out, I managed to get my brother-in-law to play it. He's a fan of wolves, so I figured he might like it. I know he played it for a while, but I'm not sure if he still does. I think he said it got boring after a while. I don't think he knows 2.7 came out yet. I'll have to ask him sometime.

Now I'm trying to get my girlfriend into it. I tried back during the 2.5 days but she didn't seem overly interested. But I managed to sway her into trying again recently. We both joined the forums to join the contest since neither of us can afford 2.7. I think she enjoyed the demo game, though, so I have hope! :D She's seen a few gameplay videos of it too and seemed to think it looked fun, too!
Everything is beautiful!

Obedear
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Obedear » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:10 am

My close family knows about it, and occasionally they'll bug me about being too old for WolfQuest. They see it as a kid thing.
Let me explain
This ugliness, this cruelty, this repulsiveness
It will all die out
And now, I cry for all that is beautiful

Samber
Name: Akira

Post by Samber » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:35 pm

I never told anyone irl that i play WolfQuest.
Though my brother did play once in single-player, after 15 minutes he walked away and didn't come out of his room until dinner O.O
I think he was offended by something, haha.
─ are you calling me a sinner?
av©lupinz
x
X
X

not active anymore

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:58 pm

My family didn't exactly take it well to say the least. None of them are really fans of wolves, and they think my 'obsession' over them is a problem. So, when I tried introducing my Mum to the game, she really wasn't interested, but I could see she was trying to understand why i loved the game so much. I'm really the only one that likes animal simulator games in my house. I haven't really had the confidence to even try and show it to my bestest friend irl. I know she won't judge me for liking the game but I'm hesitant about showing it to her, and part of me wants to just keep the game to myself. WQ has always been a game I enjoyed hopping onto to escape the reality of the real world.
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:28 pm

Kianda wrote:My family didn't exactly take it well to say the least. None of them are really fans of wolves, and they think my 'obsession' over them is a problem. So, when I tried introducing my Mum to the game, she really wasn't interested, but I could see she was trying to understand why i loved the game so much.
My family has a very similar reaction to all things WQ (not wolves). They thought I spent too much time on the forums in high school. I told them since I went away to school, I don't go on it anymore. :wink:. I don't regret it though.
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

Writers Block
Name: Mika, Lynx

Post by Writers Block » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:32 am

My family knows about WQ, though I don't think they know I still go on forum. I sort of had to tell them when I found it, because I was only 10 or so when I found the game and I would have needed help installing the game and setting it up. Also, at that age my parents like to keep tabs with what I was doing online, especially with who I was talking to etc. They were always pretty transparent about it so I never minded too much. If they knew I was still here, my sibllings might tease me a little bit, but in the good natured way we tease each other about everything. I wouldn't be offended, since I don't really mind.

A few of my friends learned that I was use WQ in college this last semester, none of them really cared though. They just saw me on forum and asked which forum it was, so I told them and that was basically the end of that. Some of my online friends know I hang out here too! Pax is a friend of mine from another forum. c:

In general this isn't something I talk about too much but I see no reason to hide it. Most people don't really seem to care either way.
we are not history yet.
we are happening now.
how miraculous is that?
avvie©mute
quote©wtnv

2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Post by 2wolf22 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:23 pm

One time off an account a year or more ago I showed mom my game and created her a wolf. She wanted a silver wolf with blue eyes. I used the green eyes. I asked of she wanted anything else. She said limp. I guess it was the only one she heard. Mom sure doesn't like limp! :P Good times!
EDIT: Did I mention it was my 12th birthday and I just got customizations. :lol:
Last edited by 2wolf22 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:42 pm

Around the time I first started playing WQ, I also got my sister into it. She would play on my mom's laptop and I'd play on mine, and it was really fun at the time. After a while though she lost interest and I never really did, and so here I am.

Through a lot of middle school and high school I was obsessed with forums and games, and I think my parent's just really didn't understand. My sister grew up to be a social butterfly while I had always had a smaller yet closer group of friends irl, so I think they thought that was due to all my online time and would sometimes make me feel super bad about it. Now that I'm a bit older and they're not breathing down my neck so much I am a lot more carefree about who knows I'm on forums and play games. I love all my online and irl pals and refuse to be embarrassed just because people don't "get it." c:
--
► ϟϟ[ϟ]ϟϟ ◀︎
I've lost my way within this town
ϟ
බƖƦƀƠƝƎ꒚
ϟ
The tranquil ᎶᏞᎾᎳ of the song I know, it guides me
▴ ϟϟϟϟ⎶[ϟ]⎶ϟϟϟϟ ▴
--
ѕιggιє@NoyaTusk
αννιє@LupinzPack

Allikat10011
Pup
Pup
Name: Allikat

Post by Allikat10011 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:27 am

Once I was playing WolfQuest on my parents computer. My family/friends that were visiting for the week came in at the moment that I was trying to get a mate. When we did the thing where you like your mate, the family/friend's mom was like " I hope that's not how you pick up real boyfriends" lol.

PureKlutz
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Kat

Post by PureKlutz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:36 pm

I let my husband play a little (he was watching me play), he liked running around marking everywhere. :lol:

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Me and my brother loved WQ when we were younger... Wolves are our favourite animal and of course we'd both play WolfQuest.... however my brother was dissatisfied with how short the game was back then (we played back in 2012 and of course i've been playing since) and wanted the game to continue with the pups growing up and stuff (he ultimately got his wish with WQ3 and Tower Fall and he was impressed when i told him about the new expansion)
I also have a friend IRL who plays WQ as well... mostly multiplayer. I kinda got her into wolfquest when i played it during one of our sleepovers once and one day we even went into a multiplayer game together... unfortunately i synced all of the files so now i have her wolves on my PC.... oops?

Other than my brother and my friend (and my mom who only knows about the game because well i'm 100% sure she downloaded it for me back in 2012), not many of my irl friends and family know about the game.
|•——————)(——————•|
This is where the story ends,
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
My fate it rains, it rains like cinders
(`°•.(`°•.••••The cadent drums, the war it comes ••••.•°`).•°`)
Growing thunder, terror, wonder
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
Av-CatLover on Discord + Bottom Sig-Black Burn, Top Sig - Icea

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”