Forum Suggestions V2

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: Forum Suggestions V2

Post by valkea » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:54 am

SilverFang2014 wrote:We need a ban parrot too.
The ban parrot is more a joke account, bans are handled by administrators and not by the "ban parrot".
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:39 pm

We're waaay overdue for a mobile theme. Thank you for mentioning it, Hoover. I'm on it .
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:01 pm

loboLoco wrote:We're waaay overdue for a mobile theme. Thank you for mentioning it, Hoover. I'm on it .
I'm glad you agree. I'm not too much of a mobile person myself, but I'm sure a lot of other users will appreciate it. Thank you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

Keytone
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Keytone » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:45 pm

loboLoco wrote:We're waaay overdue for a mobile theme. Thank you for mentioning it, Hoover. I'm on it .
This is great, because I, for one, am almost always on my mobile. I know some of the more active members who are as well. Can't wait to see this happen.
-
Icon - Riceboy

howl-ite
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by howl-ite » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:27 am

The mobile theme is a good idea.
Like Keytone, I am almost always on mine, so it would be suitable.
͙ ͓ ̡ ʼ ̂ ̽ ˟ ʼ ʼ ˟ ̽ ̂ ʼ ̢ ͓ ͙
valar morghulis

yes. all
men must die,
but we are not men ﴿

̂ ̽ ˟ ʼ ʼ ˟ ̽ ̂

av- Lupe
sig- lupe

banned by neam on Wednesday the 9th of May 2k18 <3
:*´¨`*:.(¯`*

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:22 pm

JayMist wrote:Alright, I got quite a long list, if you don't mind.
- Update the topics in FAQ.
- Add more FAQ.
- Do an overall cleanup of locked topics. So, basically we have another Forum called Archives and organize them there.
- Start discussing over the idea of removing inactive members from the usergroups. Like the moderator group. Have you moderators discussed with each other over who doesn't have time anymore? Like SoranOfAvalor, I know they left. (as from ASP, I know they left.) The Reporting Group? Maybe even adding more admins?
  • Can you be more specific about which FAQs, and which ones need updating and which need more contents?

Moderators do not currently have the power to create whole new locations, so this could be difficult to do at this time. All we can do is move topics around and create new ones.

Admin powers is currently under discussion amongst the mods. As for moderator activity, that too has been addressed non-publicly, even before this topic's creation. The status of the Report Team will likely remain in limbo until the tablet release time period, so until then, these users are free to continue reporting as they see fit, or until otherwise noted.

A comment on contests: many contests only need moderator permission, and not necessarily their administration to run. Don't forget that's an option too!

I am adding my own suggestion, but it is not an original one: a topic within the Art board dedicated to collecting user-submitted WQ-themed coloring pages!

Your criticisms are welcome Lit, thank you for your perspective. I personally might be channeling too large a portion of my moderation energies into more behind-the-scenes work/responding to questions, and could retain a more open public image :) .

calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by calxmity » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:56 pm

Oops, I forgot to put you on my list of active mods! Lol xD

And as for some topics that need updating, I have some, Tonbei.
WQ Coordinator wrote:In Slough Creek, we did place a few items related to humans on the map, including a trail sign, boots, an old fire ring, and a few more items. While we encourage players to explore and discover these items on their own, if you want some help finding these items, take a look at the map created by Jazzman in this link: http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1707 ... cesmap.png. Can you find more than he listed in this map?
I’ve seen human-related objects- how many are there total?
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=34829
The link to the map isn't available (at least on my computer) so that could use some fixing.
WQ Coordinator wrote:We often mention how the WolfQuest Development Team has limited staff and resources, but we don’t often say who specifically is in this team. Here are the key people in the current WolfQuest Team:
  • •Grant (Zooguy)- Project Director
    •Dave (loboLoco)- Producer
    •Cana (WQ Coordinator)- Project Coordinator and Community Manager
    •Steve (WileE)- Associate Producer
    •Wolf Biologists on the Advisory Board (Dave Mech, Dan McAnulty, Jackie Fallon, and International Wolf Center staff)
How big is the WolfQuest Team?
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34812
Obviously, Cana has left so I assume she is not part of the team anymore. However I don't know if Grant, Steve, and the Wolf biologists are still apart of the team. So this could be something to fix.
WQ Coordinator wrote:If you like the game and/or forum, please help support it! You can visit the WolfQuest store (https://www.nc.mnzoo.state.mn.us/NetCom ... &srcid=319) and either donate (by clicking “donate now”) or purchase a WolfQuest t-shirt or other wolf item from our online store. If you are part of an organization that is interested in being a funding or promotional partner, please contact wq_admin via e-mail (info@wolfquest.org) and/or eduweb (the developer of the game). You can also visit the sites of any sponsors you find interesting by clicking on their advertisements on our forums.

Edit: As of January 2013, the revenue from the sponsors you visit is the sole income provider for the web and server space for WolfQuest. The Minnesota Zoo has decided to stop searching for new project funding for WolfQuest, though if you have realistically attainable sources for extending this project, you may want to contact eduweb.
I like the game! How can I help support it?
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34808
I realize it has a note at the bottom, but the title is sort of misleading. It's suggesting you can still donate, but you can't anymore. I'd suggest tweaking the topic title and the wording.

---------

These are just a few and I can help find more, if you'd like.

EDIT- 6/19/14
I spy a mobile version! However, I'm on my computer and any page I click on it redirects me to the mobile version? I click the switch to full version button, and go to a new page but it just redirects me back to the mobile version. Is this supposed to happen or a bug?
Thanks ~
green - cavetown

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:45 am

Yes, we've added a mobile theme. It *should* be triggered only if you are using a smartphone -- we're trying to detect for tablets and show the normal theme for them, but that's tricky. So if you are seeing the mobile theme when you shouldn't, please go here: http://www.whatismyuseragent.net/ and copy the part after "Your User Agent String is:" into a post.

thanks
Dave
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:48 am

I'm on a tablet, and there's a button that triggers for both. (I can go back and forth), and it automatically goes to desktop. I'm on a Kindle Fire.

I like the mobile theme (a lot more than I was expecting, personally), and the only major suggestion I have is if you can change the background color from white to something darker, it would be wonderful. The white kind of hurts your eyes after a bit.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:24 am

Another idea...
Perhaps allow the option to bookmark topics?
I know there is an option, hence in my UCP. I think it would help out some people so much..
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:28 am

JayMist wrote:Another idea...
Perhaps allow the option to bookmark topics?
I know there is an option, hence in my UCP. I think it would help out some people so much..
I know you can subscribe to a topic/forum and get notifications when a reply is posted (you can subscribe to a topic by clicking the "notify me" while you're posting) and you can manage your subscriptions via the UCP, but I've never seen the bookmark options. You are right about it being in the UCP though.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:29 am

You can bookmark topics, but there looks to be a problem with that option displaying correctly when viewing topics while the WolfQuest2 style is active. If you change your forum style (UCP > Board Preferences) you'll see you are given the option to do so. PhpBB styles can break if they're not updated to match the installed version used by the board -- which has happened in the past.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

1BitJay

Post by 1BitJay » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:32 am

@Koa: Yeah. But I don't like the subscribe option because it automatically does it when you post. Like right now, I dont want to unsubscribe every topic because that would take forever. I want it to be manual.
@NAW: Is there any other way for it to work in this style?

Another idea:
I think that the Pack Central FAQ board thing at the top is a sub-forum... but is it necessary to only have one topic there in that forum?

And another lolz
Regarding the usergroup bar, could we take off the 5 year anniversary? Its been two years... and Also maybe add Team Members... and Capitalize Moderators?
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ

1BitJay

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:41 am

Since it's "Global moderators" and more or less a generalized term, "moderators" does not need to be capitalized. ^^
I can't recall the last time team members were added in the legend, but that would be nice.

I suppose you could remove the anniversary rank from the legend at least, but since it is such a common rank, it might get a lot more questions in regards to joining it.

1BitJay

Post by 1BitJay » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:42 am

Koa wrote:Since it's "Global moderators" and more or less a generalized term, "moderators" does not need to be capitalized. ^^
I can't recall the last time team members were added in the legend, but that would be nice.

I suppose you could remove the anniversary rank from the legend at least, but since it is such a common rank, it might get a lot more questions in regards to joining it.
Maybe changing it to 7 years? Because we are getting rather close to that? It is just an OCD thing... sorry...
Also, maybe just say Moderators since we just have moderators... and not more types of moderators?

EDIT: the ideas are flowing like a river maaaan.
You know the announcements thingy in the UCP. After watching the Who is Online option way too much, I notice the non-forum goers rarely check anything but the UCP. Could we maybe use this option to our advantage?

EDIT EDIT:
And maybe unsticky the Chat Lexicon or lock it?

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Also, is it necessary to list the moderators for each forum if you all are global moderators?
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ

1BitJay

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”