Why is Wolfquest special to you?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

iIida

Re: Why is Wolfquest special to you?

Post by iIida » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:51 am

Well.. I don't know exactly why i love WolfQuest game.I've been play this game 3 years and the more i'll be addicted to it.
But i've times when i really dislike this game. Usually this occurs when a glitch with bite, meeting strange wolves and getting mate.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:36 pm

Sometimes, but It can get addictive.

I just had an incredible Wolfquest game!

I wanted just to play Wolfquest, using a bit of my Boredom Guide to help so I loaded up a 'you have brand new pups' game, and each pup was already named things like 'Earn 1' 'Earn 2', which mean't I named them after a trait or things they liked to do. After placing them by the den, and chasing off a bear, I now had to grow them! This mission was spent with beautiful family moments, like taking them behind the Saddle Meadows den (my den three years ago when I first started playing!) and teaching them to wag tails, howl, stalk and leap. Did you know not only do pups howl when you do, they often wag tails with you and your mate as well? Then I chased an elk to the den, and killed it in front of the pups, right in the middle of the den site. Then, at night I took them for a swim and managed to get my mate away long enough for a terrific evening swim, Huntress, my eldest Albino loved it, but Wagger, the pup that is a favorite prey of an eagle, hesitated more. After some of these wonderful family moments, it was time to go on the journey. I took the pups on several legs of the journey, and my mate loved running in circles and being a nuisance. Torwards the end of the journey, my mate actually started bringing the pups to me, and being helpful! It was wondrous to finish the summer journey, all howling into the midnight (I had two complete days with my pups)!

Ahhhh, family moments, and I got inspired for a Wolfquest guide!

:)

-Dusk, a.ka. Sienna, the proud mother :P
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:43 pm

I treasure WQ because it was a lifesaver.

I was about in 3rd grade when I discovered WolfQuest, and it was a practically a holiday for me, I've loved wolves ever since I was 2 years olf. I scrounged the internet for wolf games and movies, (My favorite movie was Alpha and Omega) but the only ones were about fantasy or dress up. I was ready to give up when I clicked on the WolfQuest link, but what I saw was heaven for me. I fell in love with the game immediately, I ran downstairs to tell my Dad what I had found, a free WOLF game! He let me download it and I showed my mom when she got home, I got my cousin to download it and dragged all my friends into the game. We would all play multiplayer together until we were called down to dinner or dropped dead. We started a WolfQuest club in 4th grade that got really popular, we would spend all day hunting elk, exploring, and roleplaying. The club broke apart in early 5th grade because many members thought they were too mature to be playing WQ, but 5 of the members stayed, and still remain today. We took a hiatus when we heard of the lockdown, but when the tablet version was announced we came back. I'm in 6th grade right now and still love WQ, it will always have a special place in my heart.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:36 am

WolfBlood02 wrote:I treasure WQ because it was a lifesaver.

I was about in 3rd grade when I discovered WolfQuest, and it was a practically a holiday for me, I've loved wolves ever since I was 2 years olf. I scrounged the internet for wolf games and movies, (My favorite movie was Alpha and Omega) but the only ones were about fantasy or dress up. I was ready to give up when I clicked on the WolfQuest link, but what I saw was heaven for me. I fell in love with the game immediately, I ran downstairs to tell my Dad what I had found, a free WOLF game! He let me download it and I showed my mom when she got home, I got my cousin to download it and dragged all my friends into the game. We would all play multiplayer together until we were called down to dinner or dropped dead. We started a WolfQuest club in 4th grade that got really popular, we would spend all day hunting elk, exploring, and roleplaying. The club broke apart in early 5th grade because many members thought they were too mature to be playing WQ, but 5 of the members stayed, and still remain today. We took a hiatus when we heard of the lockdown, but when the tablet version was announced we came back. I'm in 6th grade right now and still love WQ, it will always have a special place in my heart.
If only people played WQ in my school....

The reason I like WolfQuest is because it was one of the most entertaining games I've played. I've spent my first four hours chasing elk and sleeping (in-game). At first, I thought, Is there really a point to this game besides creating a wolf and hunting elk? After watching some gameplays, I learned that you needed to find a mate before going to the next map (clueless, right?) Surprisingly, I learned responsibility while taking care of my pups. I learned how hard it is to parent young ones.
WolfQuest also introduced me to a whole new world; roleplaying. People would say 'describe please' and act out their wolves. I asked them what they were doing. And they said, 'we are roleplaying.' I asked them what roleplaying was, and they taught me that roleplaying was playing in the eyes of their characters and working together to form a 'story.'

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:41 am

These stories are all so nice to read. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has a soft spot for WQ!

As for me, the game was a very nice way for me to do something related to my interest in animals back when I was 12 ish? The main thing that makes WolfQuest 'special' in a way to me though is that in a way I grew up on this place. I believe I started becoming active on here when I was 13, and I'm 19 now. In the time spent on and off on here I've had many enjoyable casual conversations, but also met people I've forged strong bonds with that still remain today and I'm really, really grateful for that. I feel like in a way WQ has helped me meet new and different people that helped me open my mind and grow as a person, because up until starting university I've never quite been lucky in real life when it comes to meeting interesting people. (rude as that may sound!)

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:23 pm

WolfBlood02 wrote:I treasure WQ because it was a lifesaver.

That does remind me that there are really no high-quality and realistic wolf games (or any other animal, really - even the Shelter games are more stylized than educational) besides Wolfquest. It really does fill a much-needed niche.
Last edited by duskypack on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:21 pm

While I was never particularly addicted to the game, the forums have been pretty special to me since I joined back in 2008. Some of the best friends I've had, and some of the people I've been friends for the longest, I've met here on the forums. I was never too good with, well, people in general before I joined WQ (and I'm not saying I'm good now, heh), so I was never really popular or anything and I was always just kind of left out of things or generally ignored. I had so much trouble with confidence and talking to people and things like that, and I can pretty safely say that I've gotten a lot better since joining WQ. A few years ago I also felt pretty horrible about myself all the time and just didn't really want to do anything or talk to anyone, but I think that knowing that people on WQ would be there for me if I did want to talk to someone about it (I never did, but that's beside the point) really helped me because it felt like there were people who actually genuinely cared about me.

WQ has also inspired me to learn more about animals in general, and has helped me find out about new animals that maybe I didn't know about beforehand even if it's something that isn't even in the game. Like, for example, maned wolves are easily my favorite canids now and, even though they're not in the game and aren't even wolves, I probably wouldn't have known about them at all without the two or three threads that have popped up about them over the years here, since I don't remember seeing even mentions of them anywhere else. It's also inspired me to write more often and try to become better at writing, between UW stories (yes I'm capable of writing stories for UW that actually stay within the rules instead of destroying them :p) and the short time I roleplayed in WQ packs. I'd say that definitely contributes to why WQ is special to me and why I'm still here after 7 years.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:44 pm

I don't play the game anymore and installed it from my pc, due to lag and causing my computer to be really slow even after I closed it, but it still has a warm place in my heart as it was the first wolf game I played, it made me meet you guys (my reasons are much like duskypack), you guys taught me the truth about wolf packs, and this game helped me appreciate wolves more :3

PeltOfAsh
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Ash

Post by PeltOfAsh » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:59 pm

Ever since I started with WQ I have been on the forums. I never played the game much as I couldn't quite figure it out, but the forums quickly earned a place in my heart.

Since 2010 I have made so many friends on here, some have come and gone but for the most part I still talk to most of my friends from time to time. This site has so many great, friendly, accepting people. Even when I went on my hiatus from 2012 to 2014 I still thought highly of my friends and continued to talk to a few through deviantart. Now that I have returned, I'm glad to have reconnected with many of my friends and to have made quite a few more amazing friends.

WQ was a place where I could go and forget my troubles back when I first started, and now it's a place to come and talk to some of the most amazing people I've ever had the pleasure of talking to.

This place has such a great community and I don't foresee myself leaving again any time soon.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Wow. It's incredible seeing how all of you love Wolfquest, your stories here are amazing and it makes me feel closer to the community.

this topic was also the first actually succesful topic I have ever made within myalmost three and a half years on WQ
¯~_°. .°_~¯
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:39 pm

duskypack wrote:Wow. It's incredible seeing how all of you love Wolfquest, your stories here are amazing and it makes me feel closer to the community.

this topic was also the first actually succesful topic I have ever made within myalmost three and a half years on WQ
I honestly feel the same way about WolfQuest, and lol, you've actually made many successful topics!

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:55 pm

Just lost two more members, now it's just me, my brother, and my cousin. But I will get two more when the tablet version comes out, they've been waiting for 6 months. Also, why is WQ's fanbase mostly girls and not boys?
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

Kemu
Pup
Pup

Post by Kemu » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:03 am

This thread is a treat to read. I think it's fantastic to see the out-pour of love for the game, because there really isn't one quite like it anywhere. It's positively wonderful to hear of the comfort and companionship that folks have found while carving out for themselves, a space to call their den, and friends to call their pack. And all the while, becoming more and more fond of the magnificent animals we call wolves. Kudos to the game designers, the forum mods, and the wolves which inspired it all, for coming together to make such a special experience for the souls that live, and love WolfQuest.
#rally

[Edit: Hashtag rally... The new sig? Oh yes, I think so.]
#rally

~P.r i c k l y P i n e~

Owlir
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Owlir » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:21 pm

WolfQuest has taught me so much. It taught me a lot about the life of a wolf, and made me understand how hard it is to be a wild animal. Most of the information I know now about wolves has came from this game. In the multiplayer version of WolfQuest, I met many generous people who taught a young, illiterate, gamer like me how to roleplay, and I discovered my writing and story-telling skills. If it weren't for WolfQuest, I would probably be a terrible writer, with no knowledge of nature. Thank you WolfQuest.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:11 pm

(I must warn you about a few really old/sappy posts of mine. As I’ve said many times before, I’ve truly grown as the game has).

Thought I’d bump this up since it’s still quite relevant for the new generation of Wolfquesters or returning older members. So much has changed since this topic’s time and the game has gone (and is going) to new places. I remain thankful to the Team for choosing not to give up on this project and for taking a chance. It was certainly more than worth it.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”