Why is Wolfquest special to you?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Why is Wolfquest special to you?

Post by duskypack » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:39 pm

What does Wolfquest mean to you? What makes you play this game? What is your favorite thing about it?

For starters this game taught me so much about wolves and wildlife. I’ve learned to seriously write, I’ve definitely grown and matured through the community and it’s been such a privilege to watch this game grow through its hardest season, survive and turn (and continue turning) into something beautiful.

I’ve heard many criticisms over the years but I’ve seen them invalidated again and again. I’ve never seen a game grow and change so much over the years and stay so relevant for so long.

So, what is your Wolfquest story? Why is it special to you?
Last edited by duskypack on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Katemarie123
Pup
Pup

Re: Why is Wolfquest special to you?

Post by Katemarie123 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:50 am

Wolf quest is one of my top favorite games to play.I love how they animated it and how all the sounds go with the actions.I do with that they had more color options for your wolf though.It would be cool if you could choose your eye color.I also wish that the lands had more to it,and more prey.I think caves would be nice if they were spread around on both maps.And that there would be small dens in the mountains in amethyst.This is my opinion,others might not like it but this is what i like and don't like :)
ɪ αℳ ∀ ϖ∅ʟƒ

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Katemarie123 wrote:Wolf quest is one of my top favorite games to play.I love how they animated it and how all the sounds go with the actions.I do with that they had more color options for your wolf though.It would be cool if you could choose your eye color.I also wish that the lands had more to it,and more prey.I think caves would be nice if they were spread around on both maps.And that there would be small dens in the mountains in amethyst.This is my opinion,others might not like it but this is what i like and don't like :)
I agree with you Kate.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Dreamrunner2011
Pup
Pup

Post by Dreamrunner2011 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 pm

WARNING: This is probably gonna get really heartfelt and sappy.

I don't really play this as much as I used to, but it's still just as special to me now as it was then; maybe even more so.

I loved playing this game because it was the first (and only) game of its type as far as I know. I've seen small games with the same idea, but this is the only game I've ever seen that goes so in depth about wolves' lives and letting us learn the ways of a wild animal by playing the role of said animal. In fact, this game is what got me wolf crazy. But it wasn't just the gameplay that makes this game special, it's the memories I made playing it.

I discovered this game with my great childhood friend right after the first version of Survival of the Pack came out. We would play this game together all the time, even though it wasn't until a long time later that I got a multiplayer account (I don't know if she ever did) We would spend out time raising pups on our computers sitting side by side, naming our wolves after each other, and watching YouTube videos other players posted. It might not seem like much, but it was a great bonding experience for us.

Two years ago, I moved really, really far away, and I haven't seen my friends there since then, and the friend I discovered WQ with is really the only one I've kept in touch with. Every once in a while we'll talk about the great times we had playing WolfQuest like it happened just yesterday.

I still like to go on WolfQuest every once in a while, because every time I open the game, it reminds me of all those times I spent playing with my friend. I'll always smile when I hear the music.

...Sorry for the really long, really emotional post.
Is an orange called an orange because it's orange?
Or is orange called orange because an orange is orange?

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:43 pm

my internet friends are on wolfquest
also because it's fun
and because it's about wolves

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Dreamrunner2011 wrote:WARNING: This is probably gonna get really heartfelt and sappy.

I don't really play this as much as I used to, but it's still just as special to me now as it was then; maybe even more so.

I loved playing this game because it was the first (and only) game of its type as far as I know. I've seen small games with the same idea, but this is the only game I've ever seen that goes so in depth about wolves' lives and letting us learn the ways of a wild animal by playing the role of said animal. In fact, this game is what got me wolf crazy. But it wasn't just the gameplay that makes this game special, it's the memories I made playing it.

I discovered this game with my great childhood friend right after the first version of Survival of the Pack came out. We would play this game together all the time, even though it wasn't until a long time later that I got a multiplayer account (I don't know if she ever did) We would spend out time raising pups on our computers sitting side by side, naming our wolves after each other, and watching YouTube videos other players posted. It might not seem like much, but it was a great bonding experience for us.

Two years ago, I moved really, really far away, and I haven't seen my friends there since then, and the friend I discovered WQ with is really the only one I've kept in touch with. Every once in a while we'll talk about the great times we had playing WolfQuest like it happened just yesterday.

I still like to go on WolfQuest every once in a while, because every time I open the game, it reminds me of all those times I spent playing with my friend. I'll always smile when I hear the music.

...Sorry for the really long, really emotional post.
Thats a nice story. Me and my bff also play wolfquest together. Plenty of memories are made when me and my friend play. I love your pose :D

~Dusk
¯~_°. .°_~¯
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

DesertStar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DesertStar » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Here is why Wolfquest is special to me: I have never really cared wolves but once I played this game, I respect these creature's. This is one of the rare games where it was virtual and educational, I have never seen a great game like this. It teached me what a wolf has to go through, Pretty much struggling every day in my opinion.....It has been my most favorite game ever since I found it. This is why Wolfquest is special to me.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:59 pm

I have to agree with Dream Runner as I do have the similar comments she posted about how special WQ is to us. Even though the game isn't what it's like anymore I still do have the great memories I've spent when the first episode came out. I remember always joining this one users room they've made and always at the same time. We even talked to each other through PM on the forums here. Not so much anymore, neither do I even see their user name pop up around the game itself.

The game as well helped me have more knowledge and body language about wolves in the wild. How they respond, react and just every little bits and pieces the team has put together in animation. It's just perfect and really made me closer to the animal and it's behavior in nature, reason why it's very special to me. However, I do not play the game as much anymore either, I grew away from it as time went by, yet maybe one day I'll give it a go and meet others within the game.

The way how the set-up was as well with Amethyst Mountain. AM was my most favorite map within the game and still is by far. Just the sandy domain and the many many trees and it holds much more memories with the WQ community so much, because that's where it all started to begin with and just remembering what I did with friends is just a great feeling.

Well I think I said what was thought of about how much special WQ is to me and always will be. I will truly miss this game one day when it falls down..but hopefully it sticks around a bit longer :)
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:51 am

• WolfQuest is special to me because I have an interest in canines, drawing and writing; things that WolfQuest integrates and promotes. I also enjoy being part of a place (and a part of the process) that exchanges information and nurtures interest in wolves and other animals. Sounds textbook, but it is what it is :P ! I put a lot of time and effort into various parts of this community, and it shaped me into the person I am today, online and off.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:07 pm

I think a Wolfquest made me so much more mature...

It taught me about being social and well, thousands of things that improved my life.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:36 pm

I met my best internet friend here five years ago. We still talk.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Captain Rora
Name: Anda, Rora/Roars, Lawrence
Location: The Point of N̨̗̠̲͔͍̘͜o̫̟͍͉͔̲̠ͅ ̢͈͎̝͎͍̳̥R̨̧̜̣̰̣̟͙e̘̗̣͓̝͓̺̹t̨͈̠̯̙̤͚̭ų͎̖̞̦̲̬ͅr̡̙̥̹̩͓̣̣n̖̠̪͚̩̞͈͙

Post by Captain Rora » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Oh my, I like this topic. :o

Anyways, I've played a fair few games, not a lot but a good amount, and I have to say that WolfQuest has a special place in my heart. It taught me how to roleplay, which is now a big part of my life. xD Eventually from there [and thanks to Pack Central] I slowly got better and better at writing and storytelling, as well as making diverse, original[-ish] characters. And you never know, just because of that it might secure a future as a author as well, depending on where life takes me. c':

WolfQuest also made me a whole lot of friends, some of them I've kept in contact with for years now, and I can't deny I have a good deal of memories thanks to this game, most of them positive and whenever I remember them they always make me smile, even on the saddest day.

Like duskypack said, I think WolfQuest made me a whole lot more mature [when I want to be xD] and grown up. This has shaped me a bit more outside of the game and forums, too. c':

Lastly, it taught me more about wolves. I didn't know a thing until WolfQuest got me properly hooked. I mean, I always liked wolves and admired them but WolfQuest got me fascinated with them.

So to conclude: I think WolfQuest has overall improved my life. It also led me to the wonders of the internet, so it's probably responsible for a whole lot more than I credit it for. xD
- A U R O R A -
).........(\_
((.____/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (.;._ \\
DISTANT BLOODS PACK
- HEY AH HEY AH ♥︎
The Box of S̱̪̘̖̙͇̱̜͚̝͜ͅh̢̡̳̬̗̖͎̞̠͖̱ͅa̫̹͉̫̗͉̞̰̖̣͇̗m̤͖̖͎̖̼͔̯̤̩̪̫ḛ̡̠̗͉̰̳̰̞̫ͅͅ

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:48 pm

Indeed, Beta Head, indeed c:
¯~_°. .°_~¯
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

- Ree -
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by - Ree - » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:10 am

Wolf Quest changed my life. It taught me to role play, which is huge, and I've made so many great friends. Most have left for other things, but the memories I made with them are still very dear to me. I've never been very social, and when I first discovered this game, it was very difficult for me to find friends that didn't mind my quiet personality. After socializing on Wolf Quest, it became easier for me to talk to other people. I just pretended I was in game. This changed my life dramatically, and even though the game is loosing popularity, it's still my favorite PC/role playing game, and I hope the app does well enough to retain a bit of the community that we all love.
Sometimes, people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Hypnotic

Post by amethystrose » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:32 am

This topic is very interesting! I love it! :)

Why WolfQuest is special to me: I think playing this game is what got me interested in wolves. I remember in the 7th grade, when they had the game, WolfQuest in this games application (I forgot what that application was called) on these Apple laptops, and my VERY first time playing it... Wow! I don't know where to begin with all this. I didn't even know where to go or even how to ACTUALLY play the game correctly. I would just let my wolf explore the map and such. Once I watched a few videos about WolfQuest that other people had uploaded, like, WolfQuest: How to Get A Mate, and WolfQuest Gameplay, and all those videos. I have to say, when I got used to playing it, I was like, Ohhh okay. I'm getting emotional right now... :cry: (<--- That's me crying tears of joy btw). It almost brings me a pleasureable sensation of... Well... Gratitude, from playing the game for the very first time. It was truly an amazing experince.
[Hypnotic Phrases]:
~The deeper you go, the better you feel. And the better you feel, the deeper you go~.
~Relax Deeper~

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”