If You Were In Charge Of Wolfquest...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Kelvin
Pup
Pup

Re: If You Were In Charge Of Wolfquest...

Post by Kelvin » Wed May 28, 2014 9:33 pm

If I were in charge? Hm...

I'd let players decide if they want to donate. Absolutely no in-game advertizing, though; this is Yellowstone we're talking about. As for buying items, ditto; what's there to buy?

To be fair to everyone, I'd stop the censorship of "G o d" since it's context that really ruins it. (Where or what or who is Bora Bora anyway?)

I'd definitely improve the AI of one's mate in the single-player mode. That's a game-breaker as far as I'm concerned. (Did someone mention that WolfQuest was made with the Unity engine?)

Last but not least, I'd want to patch what needs patching before I even thought of new content. To reverse the old saying, "If it's broken, let's fix it."
"My home is not a place. It is people, sir."
-Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar

"You can get a lot of things done in dreams."
Brian Jacques

alethe
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Did someone mention that WolfQuest was made with the Unity engine?
If I remember correctly they made it with Unity.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Yup, WolfQuest was made using Unity 3D.
WQ Coordinator wrote:We're using Unity, a superb game development application for Macintosh computers. Unity is a great application for 3D game development, and provides the Master Server to make connections between players in multiplayer WolfQuest games. After this base connection is made, it's all peer-to-peer. If you want to learn more about Unity, how to create your own multiplayer games, or anything else related, please visit the Unity web site (http://unity3d.com/). It has tutorials, sample projects, and even discussion forums.

Source: What program did you use to create WolfQuest?

Kelvin wrote:To reverse the old saying, "If it's broken, let's fix it."

Ah, but bugs can be awfully good ninjas... sneaking in last minute and all. x3

Tonbei wrote:
loboLoco wrote:So what would make MP more educational?
  • Perhaps players could have to work together in scenarios that the game forces players to do upon entering, like taking down an elk, or defending a territory from other wolves. Basically, having missions like single player, and just being able to tackle them together. That's what I've got off the top of my head!

That sounds like a good idea to promote cooperation and extra activities in multiplayer. Support! ^^
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

BullHunterM
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BullHunterM » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:51 pm

I am new in this game, but still I already finish it. I did not pass the first da y playing and I already completed the single player mode. There should be more after getting to the summer site. Like seen training the pups how to hunt when they are 1 year old. Also pups would have gender. So later they may get their own pups.
Also I would add sordera to the mate, so you can decide whether staying at the den protecting the pups, ir going the plains and hunt food for the pack.
Night and day would change every 20 minutes(10 minutes dawn,20 minutes afternoon, etc...). Certain animals would appear at the day and others woukd appear at night(Example: eagles would appear in thw day and bears would appear at night).
I will be ver y thankful if you do some of these changes. I will make various posts of the game if there is a change that may interest masses! Now I will keep playing in multiplayer but still the multiplayer mode has tons of glitches that have to be repare. Thanks for thia exciting game.
I will howl, howl, howl, every time I see the moon.

FoxyWolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by FoxyWolfy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:31 pm

I would ditch the tablet version and focus those funds on a new bug-fix version of the current game. I mean, why would they make a whole new version when this version needs fixing.... :?
ғσxүкιηs
´*•.¸ тнε cυтεsт ℓιттℓε¸.•*´
gσσғ
σғ
´*•.¸ρσσғεү¸.•*´
ғσσғs
Signature/Av©By:SinnedAshes/wolfwhisp

Newbie-Teacher Program
Great Travelers Pack

seave everlive
Pup
Pup
Location: at a desk doing paperwork editing pics and talking to freinds online

Post by seave everlive » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:07 am

If I were in charge I would keep most things the same and personally stalk the forum game, count to 35 before a mod posts >;b
guess who's back, back again >:D

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Hypnotic

Post by amethystrose » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:04 pm

This is actually a very good question.

If I was in charge of WolfQuest, first off, I like the idea of the pups being in multiplayer, but... To go along with that, in multiplayer, I would put this "Request to be mates with" button, and there would be a space to type in that person's username. Then they would get that request and click either the "accept" button, or the "decline" button. That would spice things up a little. Plus that part would be next to the chat box. :D
[Hypnotic Phrases]:
~The deeper you go, the better you feel. And the better you feel, the deeper you go~.
~Relax Deeper~

DreamerDay

Post by DreamerDay » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Change the age to 13 and higher. Clearly, the maturity here is terrible, especially in the game.

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:09 pm

• I don't know if maturity can positively correlate with increasing age in enough cases to count though DreamerDay :lol:!

Glacia2008
Pup
Pup
Name: Glacia

Post by Glacia2008 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:18 am

I think it would be interesting if the time of day changed every so often. And perhaps make an option to choose how often the time of day changes. You could also do the same with seasons.
Another thing that would be nice is if your wolf's stats could increase from doing certain things (running a certain amount of miles increases your stamina a bit, hunting a certain amount of animals increase your strength a bit, etc.) Having your health points increase from certain activities would also be nice, so that you can take more damage without dying.
If the wolf stats could be edited a bit differently, so that one making one stat higher doesn't negatively affect another stat as severely.
I also agree with increasing the AI. My mate sometimes decides he's not going to follow me, and I have to call him back because he's standing forever away. As if to further infuriate me, he usually does this when I want to hunt elk (which isn't as easy with just one wolf). And sometimes my mate starts running in circles non-stop for no apparent reason. And if the mate would stop hunting when their health is critically low. I think my mate would let himself get killed before he backed down from an elk.
I'd also like it if the wolves the player came across sometimes were walking, or you found a group of wolves. Usually you just see one wolf standing there doing nothing.
Being able to interact more with your mate and pups would be nice.
I do agree that teaching the pups more things, such as hunting, would be good.
More unlockables in the game.

I do agree it would be cool if the wolf pups could have genders.
Another thing that would be cool is a wider range of animals that appeared in the game, and how often they appear depends on the time of day, and the season. For example, hares are usually crepuscular. Certain animals such as bears hibernate, and prey is more scarce in winter.
Being able to customize your avatar's eye color would also be good. I understand if the designers don't want an option of unusual eye colors, but they could at least include a range of yellow and brown, which are the colors usually seen in a wolf's eyes. Just like the pelt, you could start with a base color, then adjust tint and brightness.
It would be nice if you got to see the wolf pups grow up. Some of them would stay with the pack, helping you hunt, and take care of future litters of pups. Some of the offspring could move to different parts of the map, either joining a pack, becoming loners, or starting their own pack.
  • Edit
There's also the glitches for water. Sometimes the wolf avatars or NPC animals swim, and sometimes they just run on top of the water.
Another glitch that needs to be fixed is when your avatar dies, but does not respawn.
There's also a 'default pelt' glitch for the wolf pups, though they're supposed to inherit the pelt color of the parents.
There's also a lot of glitches associated with the fourth 'bonus' den.
Sometimes characters start 'gliding' across the the ground without actually walking.

Okay, this is a really long list. But at least fixing the glitches would be nice. And of course, we need to advertise this game more, so that there are funds to fix glitches, and to make improvements and additions to the game. Perhaps have bonus content (such as more pelt colors, a bonus map) that players can buy.
Last edited by Neamara on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added information from double post. In the future, please edit your previous post to include additional information. Thank you. :)

"You are not your own," says the Bear King, "you were bought at a price."
-Darkwoods by Marta Stahlfeld

firedog6
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: At My Desk, on the Compuster, Sitting on A Chair, Obviously

Post by firedog6 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:16 pm

I would, honestly, most likely put more smileys both on the WolfQuest forum and in game.
Also, to help raise funds,

I'd create another paid version of the game - both in single player and in multi-player. I'd, firstly, add a variety of wolf eye colors such as grey, green, yellow and orange rather than amber, as well as more wolf coat colors and markings as in realistic markings and more color shades and patterns, more prey and predators like bison, different colored hare, waterfowl, fish, birds, and small mammals for prey, as well as some background creatures that you can't eat or you can't be injures by nor eat as in lizards, non-poisonous snakes (although poisonous would be cool as they would be more like a real life challenge. If you got bitten by a poison snake, you'd loose health.)
SHREWITITY

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:17 pm

I would beta test everything there is to beta test, and then give it back to the team :3
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:35 am

If I were in charge I wouldn't use funding to make the game, I'd make WolfQuest an indie game to show the world that you don't need money to restrict you from making a game, I would make the chat more chattable, make sure there's more mods to kick out all the in appropriate and misbehaving members, enable pup character or juvenile character choice, enable smileys and some text language in the chat, make the forum emoticons wolfie faces like others said, and ban nonwolf rps from the multiplayer because wolfquest is about wolves not miscellaneous stuff, that's what I'd do.

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Post by DerpBacon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:43 pm

I already posted here once but...I've got new stuff.
If money wasn't an issue, then here's what I'd do:

The Game

-WolfQuest-made servers. Club Penguin does this. Basically, instead of players making tons of servers for up to five people, the game would have its own servers, with up to 30 people max in each server. This would remove non-wolf based roleplays and inappropriate games from Multiplayer.

-Multiplayer packs. In each server, you can make a pack, which is like a group. You can name it, name the ranks, describe it, and map its territory. You can send invites and you can accept join requests. You would be alerted if one of your pack members was online, and it would tell you which server the pack member is in.

-Non-graphic mating allowed. A player can't describe how the wolves mate, but they can use the fade in-fade out method by saying 'And then they bred.'

-Pup and adolescent morphs. When you create your Multiplayer wolf, you can choose to be a pup or an adolescent (teen).

-More character customization. Eye color, ripped ears, bite marks, scars, and other realistic markings can be selected from.

-Achievements. Who doesn't feel proud when they accomplish something and they are awarded with an achievement notification?

-Gaining territory. In Single Player, you're stuck with only a semi-circle of territory. You could go into other packs' territories and fight for territory with your pack. If you win, you gain a piece of their territory. If you lose, you gain nothing except injury.

-Pack customization. In Single Player, you should be able to name your pack and assign ranks to your pack's wolves.

-Pass the Summer Den. You can live out your life in the summer den with your pups, continuing to feed them and to train them in hunting and fighting. When winter strikes once again, the pups will grow up and and will be able to hunt, fight, and explore with you and your mate.

-Accepting wolves into your pack. Instead of being forced to fight the wolf, why not have the wolf join you? If a wolf decides to join your pack, you can either chase it off or accept it into your pack. You will be able to name that wolf and give it a rank in your pack.

-Items. Every RPG has items.

-Pups look like you. When your pups are born, they will have coats similar to you and your mate's.

-Pup story. Instead of starting as a dispersal, you will start as a pup.

-Alliances and enemies. You can 'team up' with other packs, and you can have a pack that you loathe entirely.

-More prey. Mice, voles, birds, etc.

-More enemies. Cougars, foxes, black bears, etc.

-Better chat. Self-explanatory.

The Forum

-Roleplaying. I'd add a whole new roleplaying board to the forums, where the packs of Pack Central can roleplay in.

-Active staff. I'm not saying that the mods and admins here aren't active, but maybe a bit more mods will help.

-Deleting posts anytime. Self-explanatory.
Last edited by DerpBacon on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

the house of the rising sun

flumen vitae

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:41 pm

I sort of dislike how some people want to turn Wolfquest into something its not. Its a realistic wolf game for teaching kids about wolves.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”